Local trail conditions 2013/14

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be doing some work on local trails this week before we go to Flatbush this weekend . maybe get the grader banks cut down as well ???

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a report that the graders have been out again. For the last 3 years we have been fighting with the Counties Transportation Dept to respect our trail crossings. Had a rider complaining to Elk Island Sales
. The club is aware of the grader banks and today we received a call from the county wanting to know how we can keep the trail crossing cleared. So together we will work on a plan. Thanks to all those who may of e-mailed,phoned,text,faxed or talked to the right people this year. OHV P an Mike Hickey I know did Thank.
We are going out tonight to mark the crossings better for the grader operators

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We have received a call from the County. They want to help us maintain the trail crossings better. After 3 years of meetings they now want to work together. Safety major issue. Thanks to all those who have contacted the county this year about snowmobile isssues. OHV COP and Mike Hickey I know have. We are heading out tonight to sign the crossings better for the grader operators. Thanks again

that's a pretty huge step! Maybe the county is finally realizing the benefits the trail system has!

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because I told them I was gonna lay the smack down. Lol
Probably trying to resolve as much as they can before the meeting. Lol. Eitger way, it's about time they're helping out.

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I was out today and groomed to hwy 15 and back again... Only 2 stucks , both were ditch crossings . I worked on the humps by the barn , better, but still need to do more .
Will give it another work-out next week ..:eek:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK I was out today and groomed to hwy 15 and back again... Only 2 stucks , both were ditch crossings . I worked on the humps by the barn , better, but still need to do more .
Will give it another work-out next week ..:eek:

Thanks Don. We will get going next week again

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the groom I wasn't aware that this was happening around here. Where is the staging area as I would like to go for a tour tomorrow. And will gladly purchase a membership

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trail passes for sale at Sherwood Park Service, E&S Yamaha in the Fort as well as ASE Arctic Cat in the Park trail passes70.00 plus 20 for club membership pass good for all Alberta trails

Stage area west of elk island sales 20423 Twp 544

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We will be back on the local trails this week. Needs to cool off a bit but we are doing it.

• Thanks
Reactions: PDQ
Top Bottom