let's see your water toy

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
do you just leave it in the water there all summer long??

what do they charge you for that??

Yup it stays in all year, the docks at the provincial park are first come first serve and there is no charge for use. As you can see from my pic. theft is not much of a worry to me....I might be inclined to pull it out of the water each sunday if I was running a more valuable boat.
I try to act with common courtecy, when possible If I am going to be away for the weekend I'll run it up to my buddy's cabin at seba and leave it there thursday night to free up dock space for the day users over the weekend, then bring it back sun or monday night.

I'm usually out fishing 2-3 nights a week and spend part if not all of each weekend out on the water so I find it hard to justify pulling it in and out each time, I only live 7 mins from the launch so it's nice and handy.

cheers.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Pick Sylvian Lake...good middle point for everyone....however seeing as my (old) boat is on a lift all summer at Pigeon...that would work for me...lol....
As i wait for my brother to get here so we can go sledding, I WANT TO GO BOATING!

We should get a s&m boat day going.

noob

Reaction score
2007 centurion enzo. sooo much fun.

Attachments

• 2007_0527ryanweek70004.JPG
    2007_0527ryanweek70004.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 2007_0527ryanweek70002.JPG
    2007_0527ryanweek70002.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 139

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As i wait for my brother to get here so we can go sledding, I WANT TO GO BOATING!

We should get a s&m boat day going.

I'm in for sure...just need some notice as summer books up fast!!!!!

I'm part of a Malibu forum and they do this all the time but then they use em' year round too in some spots. Time & place?:d

I looooooooooooove chicks in bikinis.:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Same with the Cobra boat group. They have them all over the USA, Eastern Canada and even in the Shuswap.

Make it happen #1.

I'm in for sure...just need some notice as summer books up fast!!!!!

I'm part of a Malibu forum and they do this all the time but then they use em' year round too in some spots. Time & place?:d

I looooooooooooove chicks in bikinis.:d

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in, let me know the place and time

I think that Hanmore Lake by Smoky Lake would be a good spot, very clean deep lake with lots of nice camp grounds or they do have a group site with a covered cook shack, with lots of room for many happy s&m campers.:beer::beer::d:d:d

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my buddy's brand new boat 08 Gravity X Games 23ft V-Drive...

Attachments

• DSC02598.jpg
    DSC02598.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02611.jpg
    DSC02611.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 134

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks beached..ouch!! A buddy also has a Supra was going to trade er off on an X-star to try something different but then things slowed down, nice rides. I was out at a buddies cabin at pigeon on the week-end and she's still a little early to dip the bu' into.....have to wait a few more weeks...i mean months:rant:. Like i said earlier keep me posted, i like the idea of a group boat meet.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice ride, I almost bought that exact boat last year, very nice, do you guys have it beached? or does it drop off?

I sure hope that it drops off..........props are not cheap. I'm also gonna get the number for the people that run the campsite and see if i can get some rough numbers on cost and how many they will allow at the group site.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope that it drops off..........props are not cheap. I'm also gonna get the number for the people that run the campsite and see if i can get some rough numbers on cost and how many they will allow at the group site.

sounds good, could be a great time, is there somewhere we can bring dirt bikes and quads as well, sorry I am a junkie and I love burning fuel....:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Elinor Lake was the ideal camping area....we used to spend every Canada day long up there. Nice lake, good fishing/skiing/tubing, and unlimited quad trails. You could drop the boat in the water and unload all the toys right at your site.
Unfortunately they entered into a development deal and are selling off the camp sites as bare land condos. Would be an awesome place to buy but I didn't have an extra 90K lying around....if I did i'd have a nicer boat...lol

Hope lake by Boyle is a really nice spot with good trails and great fishing....problem is the Lady who operates it is very difficult to deal with and there is a 20km/h speed limit on the lake, the only launch is at the camp ground/day use area and they will not even let you put anything over 9.9hp into the water. Some of this may have changed...I've not been there in 6 years.

Not many places around where you can have it all, thats why we bought our lake lot...

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
a person cant tell you a speed limit on a lake can they? cause they dont own it, wouldnt the goverment have to do that?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a person cant tell you a speed limit on a lake can they? cause they dont own it, wouldnt the goverment have to do that?

usualy it is beacause of the size of lake and I am sure there is a municpal thing going on there, if they only let 9hp motors on well it would be hard to go any faster.
I hear ya PRyder, they always take are fun away, GRRRRR but its usualy for safety....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
the capground is owned/operated by the county and is the only access to the lake. there are no private lands around the lake so the county maintains full control.....one year they let us put my buddys 14 foot 40hp in for trawling then the next year they told us that because people were not obeying the speed limit they put the 9.9hp restriction on...like I said I haven't spoke to them in years maybe I should give a call and enquire if there have been any changes.

Bogger:beer:

Top Bottom