Let's ride! (The Notch & Rolling Hills)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics GasCan! Thanks for letting us tag along, look forward to doing it again.

I didn't take many pics but here's one of my stucks you missed. The nice thing about riding the trees is nobody sees your fubars!

that looks about right for you....I guess that still technically qualifies as "rubber side down". :D

I thought putting on a 2.5" track was going to prevent you from getting stuck?? LOL

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you boys had a good time! Man I gota get some riding done soon or im gonna go mental!!:tearhairout:

It's still worth the trip, the trails were still smooth out of Coal Creek, icy and slushy but smooth!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet Shawn. Good call on your part to dig down and determine that Saturday was not the day to pull that hill. I am an adrenaline junkie but respect riders that know when to just say no. There will be another day.

I felt like I was clipping your wings a bit there but I think it was the right call to make. We'll just have to make sure there is another day!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks about right for you....I guess that still technically qualifies as "rubber side down". :D

I thought putting on a 2.5" track was going to prevent you from getting stuck?? LOL

That's not stuck, I just couldn't hang on! 2.5 just digs a deeper trench....that one was DEEP!

Took Mark and some of his roping skills to get it out of there without wrecking my brand spanking new AFR gauge.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking up the ridge
Fernie march12-14-10 003.jpg
Snowing back at the notch

Fernie march12-14-10 005.jpg
At other end of ridge

Fernie march12-14-10 008.jpg

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sorry Ian.

Missed your call. Was in a meeting with the lawyers..

I'll see if I can give you a shout tonight.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Here are a few more shots. Got some great video which I'll put together during the week. Thanks to Catchme and CatchmeNot for joining up with us. Had a great time even when dusted with ice pellets along the trail! Doh! (lol)

was the ice pellet dusting from ian's m8, that thing throws the worst roost on the trail. I might be in for a weekend ride if anyone is in.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
was the ice pellet dusting from ian's m8, that thing throws the worst roost on the trail. I might be in for a weekend ride if anyone is in.

Nah...I learned long ago to stay far enough back from Ian's track. I was playing along the trail with Catchme as I dusted him at 60mph while passing him, only to get it back from him when I slowed down. Got me in the goggles a couple times and another pellet that nailed me hard enough to let off the throttle and yell ouch!

It was all in fun as I got him again with track spin in the wet muddy stuff as we got back down. Sorry Randy...just had to! :rolling:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Video is finished...but it's 12 minutes long. That means that after uploading it to puke tube, it deleted it because it was over the time limit of 10 minutes. Now I'm uploading to Vimeo. It'll be up in an hour or two.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
OK folks...here's the video from last weekend in Fernie. This is a long one that captures a few clips taken Friday through Sunday. It's 12 minutes in length. Had trouble finding a song that would play the full length but think I nailed it with an obscure clip from an old favorite.

Sledding in Fernie BC (Rolling Hills) March 2010 on Vimeo

If anyone from this ride wants a full size DV Quality DVD, pm your address to me and I'll send one out to you. Had to upload the smaller file size due to length but it works. Enjoy!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
sweet, the conditions dont look to bad hey, the wife a buddy and myself are going to be rippin the pass this weekend. should still be some freshies to be had. looks like sunshine all weekend. U in Ian or are you working.

Top Bottom