Large Avalanche in McBride - Renshaw Jan 29 - 17 involved - 5 Passed RIP

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am waiting news as well. I have done a roll call and am missing 2 people on my list. I am praying for the best.

On another note I have read through this whole tread and I want to say I am so proud right now to be a part of our sledding community and to all the members of Snow and Mud I am honoured to be part of this site. I have not read one negative comment! We are all sledders and know that tragedies happen and can happen every time we ride. We lost a fellow sledder last weekend in Prince George and some of the hurtful things that have been sad are heart breaking.

Prayers and heartfelt condolences again to all involved
Condolences to the families, friends, sars workers ect... Rip fellow sledders, go look for the blue sky's and epic pow

The posts on the news forum's from this is retarded, from retarded people that have no idea

Piss's me off to no end, and even if u tell and explain it they still don't have any idea

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The B.C. Coroners Service has identified the men as Vincent Eugene Loewen, 52, of Vegreville; Tony Christopher Greenwood, 41, of Grand Prairie County; Ricky Robinson, 55, of Spruce Grove; Todd William Chisholm, 47, of St. Albert; and John Harold Garley, 49, of Stony Plain.

albertacat

Reaction score
RIP sledders, may you have endless powder..... I agree new site comments brutal, people comment on items they know nothing about, Must say I am impressed that both NDP and Conservative leaders issued condolences on Twitter but nothing our PM, find that strange since I believe his brother was killed in an avalanche!!!!!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ron for posting the names as now lots of us can put our worries to rest. Rip fellow sledders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
As far as comments go on S&M - we will be moderating any negative or speculative comments that don't need to be posted.
Only those riders that were present know what really happened.
S&M respects our fellow riders who passed away this weekend. This is one time we need to show out respect.
Thanks.

Life is good in "Da Hood"

Cyrus747

Reaction score
the SAR guy on the second video appeared to have a hat from this site?? Kudo to him for his and SAR's efforts.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Had globe and mail call me at mid nite looking for information, because I posted on Facebook.... Called and texted and Facebook messaged me, but I ignored them..... Unreal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had globe and mail call me at mid nite looking for information, because I posted on Facebook.... Called and texted and Facebook messaged me, but I ignored them..... Unreal.

Thanks Rick, bunch of leeches looking for a headline.

truely a sad day in the mountain community!
i fear this will have far reaching consequences for all of us by the time the smoke clears.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. My condolences to the people involved in this tragedy.

Can't believe some of these arrogant ass hats making comments on ctvs forums. This is why as sledders we have to do our due diligence and check conditions, get proper training and always help a fellow sledder.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truly heartbreaking to hear, My condolences to all the families and friends of the fallen sledders.

Top Bottom