Large Avalanche in McBride - Renshaw Jan 29 - 17 involved - 5 Passed RIP

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tragic loss of life, thoughts and prayers to family and all those affected by this

ewoolner81

Reaction score
RIP fellow sledders. Such a tragedy!! My condolences to all of the families and friends effected by such a loss.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad times for us all, my stomach is turning with just the thought of this, bringing tears to my eyes. Hopefully all involved in any way can overcome this and be a stronger person in the end. I like to think of myself as an informed rider but this drives the point right through my heart. Makes me wonder if I am being selfish exposing myself to this kind of stuff while my family is at home waiting for my return. Definetly brings out emotions. For those that know people involved I can only say I am sorry and am here in any way that you may need
This echoes my emotions right now. The victims and their families are in my thoughts and I pray that those lost will find peace and that all others affected by this will be able to take something valuable from this tragic event.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

BCACanada

Reaction score
We are all affected by tragedies like this and last week's Prince George accident. The sledding community enjoys and celebrates our sport together, and also grieves for those that we lose, together. We feel for the families, the survivors and the rescuers. We hope that terrible events like this don't occur again, but sadly, the recreation we love also puts riders at risk. To honor those that are lost, we owe it to them to still enjoy the good times, but to ride responsibly and learn from this massive loss...stay safe out there my friends. Hug a fellow sledder today and remember, that could have been you or your friends.
This echoes my emotions right now. The victims and their families are in my thoughts and I pray that those lost will find peace and that all others affected by this will be able to take something valuable from this tragic event.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Reade

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Very sad news. My thoughts are with the families. Stay strong.[/FONT]

Relic

Reaction score
Very sad news lost a buddy . Would never think him or his group would be in one ,very safe riders and have the trainning very sad, my best goes to his family.

Zacs Avy Crew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
I am sure that most of us have by now seen the interview with Cpl. Dan Mosaluk on Global news from last night. We really want to say "Thank You" for how you answered the questions and passed the information to the general public. Dan was very straight forward and did point out to the public 3 to 4 times that "Sledders have come a very long way and are proactive with their training and carry avalanche gear".

This was a very refreshing interview he also very nicely pointed out that they are in the very early stages of the investigation.

Thank you for being so cognizant of the situation and so fair. That is appreciated!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very sad news! Rip to the riders! Hope this opens everyone's eyes to get trained and use that training when we are out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowboytb

Reaction score
My prayers go out to the family's nobody goes out in the morning thinking this could happen to them we put in place all the safety gear and training but when you are out in the backcountry there is no big neon sign saying stay away from this hill because it is a high risk of slide it is up to us to see the sighns but we don't always see is it these things happen when we least expect it and it make you think is it worth the risk to sled when I seen this had happened last I was planning to go out to Quartz creek for the weekend and could not help think what if this was my group and the family that I leave behind when I leave to go for the weekend with the boys ..... It makes a knot in my stomach and tears to my eyes I am at home today ... Give your family's hugs today and don't take things for granted because you never no when your time is up but don't stop enjoying life and all things it has to offer life changes daily with lots of ups and downs it all about the ride enjoy it because there will be a time that the ride ends God bless the family's and watch over them in this very low time

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear. Condolences to all those touched by this. RIP riders.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayer's go out to family and friends of our fellow sledders' whom left us far to early. Every time I see the MADD ad on television where police have to tell a mother and her children their father has been killed by a drunk driver it hurt's and thinking that this will be happening five times now tears me apart. Although I do not now the circumstances of this tragic incident and this is certainly not meant to be an indictment of any of the riders, we know that no matter the amount of training, experience, caution and quality of avy equipment a fatality from a single burial is never entirely preventable but if we follow what we learn in our training most multiple burials after the first burial are preventable.

Top Bottom