Large Avalanche in McBride - Renshaw Jan 29 - 17 involved - 5 Passed RIP

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
No matter what we do azzhats will loudly voice their opposition to anything that they do not agree with , can not afford or do not understand. That's the downside to a free speech society.... I could rant but not here.....

Very sad to hear this. My condolences to the people involved in this tragedy.

Can't believe some of these arrogant ass hats making comments on ctvs forums. This is why as sledders we have to do our due diligence and check conditions, get proper training and always help a fellow sledder.

FLEMINA

Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. My condolences to the families and friends of these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hihi962

Reaction score
He was what you'd call an absolute model citizen, as honest and reputable as you can get in a man. For some of you that think some of these guys were risk takers or oil patch hooligans... Oh thats not me!, this will never happen to me!, think again. He was very careful, educated, and calculated in the risks he took.
What an absolute shame that this was his fate. His poor girls.
He asked me to join him sledding to McBride, but I was too busy... Vince my friend, you are missed. He was a pillar in the community, I am still in shock and pissed, what b.s.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was what you'd call an absolute model citizen, as honest and reputable as you can get in a man. For some of you that think some of these guys were risk takers or oil patch hooligans... Oh thats not me!, this will never happen to me!, think again. He was very careful, educated, and calculated in the risks he took.
He asked me to join him sledding to McBride, but I was too busy... Vince my friend, you are missed. He was a pillar in the community, I am still in shock and pissed, what b.s.
Sorry for ur loss dude

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sorry for those who were lost this weekend. Condolences to all the families

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just informed by one of my Dad's cousins kids. One of the riders killed was her uncle.
I can not fathom the grief that his family and the families of the others are going through.

DooDoo

Reaction score
like back country closures when avalanche ratings hit certain levels. Already hearing rumbles from the coffee shop crowds.

That would not be good at all. Not to often the avalanche rating drops below considerable in alpine terrain which was the rating yesterday.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is exactly how I knew him, just a fine example of what a human being should be. So sad that he is gone. RIP.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully we can hear from someone directly involved with this incident so we can learn and hopefully save some lives and grief in the future, for those here that lost friends just know that this is the time to be with the people you are close to

Last edited:

summit52

Reaction score
Re: January Snow Conditions

Renshaw is as close as one can get to the heavens. Respect it, love it, but first and foremost remember all those that have lost their lives in this place. Those who are beyond suffering today will not be the last, nor were they the first. I have been there as well. My condolences to the families and friends of those folks who are feeling this grief, but know this, the Renshaw is a "special " place. Your loved ones were here for a reason. It was a love of the sport and the beauty of such a magnificent place on our earth. R.I.P.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vince and his group stay with my B@B and have for many years. a fine fine man. nothing worse than responding to an incident only to find that half the people involved are people that you know. a very crappy couple of days. play safe everyone.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to all involved, their families and their friends.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished our quad ride tonight and having drinks in the garage and everyone raised a glass and tosted our lost comrades. This one touched home cause me and my brother were just there and I am so glad I came home to my 8th month old daughter that I can't imagine what these families are going through. My heart and everyone here's heart goes out to them. I write this as tears fill my eyes. So sad and never wished upon any one. Hope this hits home with anyone that's thinks they are invincible up there.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a tough 7 days. . First to hear a great guy I have sledded with , had a few brews with and contracted his top shelf business to help with the build of my house lose his life in an avalanche in PG Riding area and now learn that one of the Mcbride 5 was another connection that hits close to home as we started our apprenticeships at the same time way back in 1985 and followed each other around the equipment industry all these years. I can't say enough about these two men. They where both solid guys.. Both a mans man! I am lost for more words. I have a continuous tape roll of both guys in my mind that is going to take a while to shake ... Condolences to both families . The world has lost a a couple of solid influencers and Kings. I am sad!

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP Riders. Condolences to the family and friends.
Thanks to SAR and their tireless work to help bring everyone off of the hill to their families.
Sad days.

Top Bottom