Ladies Snowbike Wanted

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know jack about snow bikes, I know a lot of people that do but this is usually a more fun way to get info!

So here’s the scoop. My kids showed my wife a video of a snow bike...she likes the idea of it being easier to ride because it’s lighter and she’s been on bikes her whole life. Personally I was almost going to buy one just for the hell of it...

So what would you recommend for her to get going on. Really not interested in any opinions because she’s a chick about some low cc or girls can’t ride stuff, just straight up real deal info. Again, whatever “options” are a gotta have also!

Thanks S&M world!

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start her off on anything with electric start (Yami wr or yzfx, Kawasaki Klr, Suzuki rmzx, ktm xc or xcw, husky anything etc.) with a DTS129 camso kit, if you shop around you can have a nice setup for under $10g, just be sure to invest in heated grips and a yeti ski. If she’s a lite weight the ktm 350 xc or xcw would be a great way of o get started. Have fun, they’re not as addictive as the power of a sled but still a damn good time.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate the advise. She’s no slouch when it comes to sleds, she can rock and roll.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you gunna need a 450... anything less i dont think will be enough on deep days. When i rented mine it was like april, and on set up snow a lower cc bike could prolly do it. If its deep thats another story

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
electric start is a must. pretty much all new bikes have it.450 is needed try to get the trail model of the bike they have longer gearboxes so less shifting. a recluse clutch makes it so you can just stop wherever and dont need to be worried about pulling the clutch in. thermostat is needed to keep bike at temp and a pipe guard to keep the pants from melting on the pipe or a engine blanket. the dts 129 kit is the way to go with the yeti ski.i know echo cycle in edmonton had 1 or 2 that they where blowing out for like 2000 off retail if i recall they where the 2018 kits with all the updates already done.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-start is a must. Most any 450 bike will work, better if they have a lighting coil for lights, etc. VERY expensive to build if you’re starting new, plan on 20K for a new bike, track kit and basic goodies (blanket, t-stat, etc). Recluse is nice but not necessary if she,s a bike rider, the stock seats suck. Forks need to be redone with heavier springs and valving, or at the very least an airpro. Sent you a PM,

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know jack about snow bikes, I know a lot of people that do but this is usually a more fun way to get info!

So here’s the scoop. My kids showed my wife a video of a snow bike...she likes the idea of it being easier to ride because it’s lighter and she’s been on bikes her whole life. Personally I was almost going to buy one just for the hell of it...

So what would you recommend for her to get going on. Really not interested in any opinions because she’s a chick about some low cc or girls can’t ride stuff, just straight up real deal info. Again, whatever “options” are a gotta have also!

Thanks S&M world!

You must remember to look through the gender lens when breaching this subject.

Irocaz

Reaction score
Camrose Motorsports has a few 2018 Camso kits they are letting go for cheap

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure she's comfy. my ass hurts from the seats, even the padded enduro ones. warm hands are key, electric grips if the stator pumps out enough, if not the Raze heated bars are slick. and handguards with good protection and strong impact strength. rad guards.... man I was really close to building the dream bike but got the Freeride instead. hopefully get the wife out on sled and myself a bike next year!!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few of the arctic cat svx 450’s on Kijiji for 11,995!!
That is a great price up front. I was going to go that route myself, but didn’t for a few reasons...
1: Although the Sherco 450 is a work of art, parts aren’t readily available in Canada, as the distributor no longer carries them.
2: The Camso kits the SXV450 uses is a pre 2018 kit, a lot of upgrades since
3: No current off road bike offers a warranty - the Cat bike is no different, but the Camso kit used has no warranty either. The units sold by Camso offer a 2 year warranty.
4: The SXV still needs suspension work, t-stat, etc, etc, etc
5: Based on ride reports, the Sherco has a mellow power delivery. The WR450 uncorked with the competition ECU is essentially a YZ450FX with a lighting coil. They rip, and parts are cheap & readily available. And, if one wanted, it comes with the wheels, swing arm, etc, so it has multi- season capabilities.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 450 is a must , e start is nice when you get into those awkaward positions or are stuck and just need to burp it out of a stuck and walk beside bike . Heated bars and a comfy seat are a must as well. If you need to lower the seat height yammis and Ktms are easier to cut subframe and lower height .

Big Diesel

Reaction score
I have a buddy with a 2012 KTM 500 with 2012 st timbersled with 5he bearing up date and about 80 hours on it all set up ready to ride 8000$$

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know polaris has the 850 sled, but im not sure if anyone makes a lady specific snow bike yet? Haha

SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nono::nono::beer:

But in all seriousness, 350 cc and up. We've had really good luck with KTM and Beta bikes up here with Timbersled kits. The Camso kits are solid too but the extra refining with the Timbersleds is worth the little bit of extra bucks in my opinion. Check out Cycle Works West and talk to Tim. I believe there is a demo 18 kit still available with a great price tag. 780 960 1920 Tell Tim Momma sent you... on another note I have a 200 dollar visa gift card if anyone is planning on purchasing a 2016 to 2018 Polaris sled. (my gift card may work with a Timbersled kit purchase but I'll have to check with Polaris on that one)

Top Bottom