lack of respect early in the season..already..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from riding this weekend and was extremely unimpressed.

on my venture up the trail i found this gate busted open. welds broken and all. snow fence run over. our local recreation assosiation (varda/curtis) puts up to protect the trail for grooming. it allows the main trail to accumulate snow so they can start grooming as soon as possible, which is of huge importance as it creates jobs for the operators,toll booth attendants, etc who are all waiting to start. and its a huge advantage for the rest of us sledders who appreciate a groomed trail early in the season. this grooming is now likely a week to 2 weeks behind as they were hoping to start this coming weekend. we are provided with a bypass trail that me or anyone in my group have NEVER had an issue getting up. people break down this gate because there is one icy section they sometimes can not make up. guess what. its early season and this trail has always been like this so Wait. if you cant make it up the trail pack your chit and go home. if you are new to the area there are numbers you can call for updates and tons of people on here you can talk to about trail conditions. no need to bring your gay snowcross sled to the mountains early season. following this i arrivend at the cabin to find it littered with garbage. and no the "pack out what you pack in" signs ARE STILL THERE!! next as i tried to start a fire i noticed someone had taken the EMERGENCY avalanche probes and bent them into something to cook there food. not impressed. graffiti all over the cabin and the list goes on.

I realize i am ranting to the wrong group of people as s&m members read this site and conditions threads and respect the riding areas for the most part i would imagine. but there is that 1% out there that needs to be reached.

i just want everyone to start being proactive. if you see someone doing stuff like this let them know. inform them that they can still bomb down the trail at the end of the day at 100mph even with there garbage in there bag!!

if you see someone carving their awesome name in the wall at your local riding areas cabin let them know its not welcome.

stuff like this really discourages the volunteers and the staff that keep these riding areas open. but from all of us at snow and mud your work does not go unrecognized! we appreciate it and lets keep this scum out of our areas.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never been able to figure out how people can manage to stuff a dozen beer in their backpack at the start of the day, but can never find room for for a few crushed cans at the end. Maybe I am missing something.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that same difficulty.....

X2. I also can't figure out why anybody would want to scribble their name and other stupid sh!t into the walls of somebody else's property. I can guaran-fawking-tee these useless douche nozzles wouldn't do it to their own sh!t, why do it here? How old are they? 7? My daughter got a spanking for drawing on the walls when she was 3...she never did it again, so what's wrong with these tards. I don't get it.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

on my venture up the trail i found this gate busted open. welds broken and all. snow fence run over. our local recreation assosiation (varda/curtis) puts up to protect the trail for grooming. it allows the main trail to accumulate snow so they can start grooming as soon as possible, which is of huge importance as it creates jobs for the operators,toll booth attendants, etc who are all waiting to start. and its a huge advantage for the rest of us sledders who appreciate a groomed trail early in the season. this grooming is now likely a week to 2 weeks behind as they were hoping to start this coming weekend. we are provided with a bypass trail that me or anyone in my group have NEVER had an issue getting up. people break down this gate because there is one icy section they sometimes can not make up. guess what. its early season and this trail has always been like this so Wait. if you cant make it up the trail pack your chit and go home. if you are new to the area there are numbers you can call for updates and tons of people on here you can talk to about trail conditions. no need to bring your gay snowcross sled to the mountains early season. following this i arrivend at the cabin to find it littered with garbage. and no the "pack out what you pack in" signs ARE STILL THERE!! next as i tried to start a fire i noticed someone had taken the EMERGENCY avalanche probes and bent them into something to cook there food. not impressed. graffiti all over the cabin and the list goes on.

I realize i am ranting to the wrong group of people as s&m members read this site and conditions threads and respect the riding areas for the most part i would imagine. but there is that 1% out there that needs to be reached.

i just want everyone to start being proactive. if you see someone doing stuff like this let them know. inform them that they can still bomb down the trail at the end of the day at 100mph even with there garbage in there bag!!

if you see someone carving their awesome name in the wall at your local riding areas cabin let them know its not welcome.

stuff like this really discourages the volunteers and the staff that keep these riding areas open. but from all of us at snow and mud your work does not go unrecognized! we appreciate it and lets keep this scum out of our areas.

It sucks there are people like this that ruin it for the rest of us. The garbage in the clemina cabin is absolutely disgusting. Way worse. 1/4 of the cabin is piled with garbage.

ajay

Reaction score
Agree with Maxwell 100%, just another bunch of riders with no respect for the sport. A lot of peeps wait all year from the last ride to go again and appreciate the work the local clubs do to keep trails in best condition they can. And then there are the others that could care less what it takes to have an area that you cant wait to get back to again. I remember helping repair the ole groomer back in the late 80's and early 90's even half way to the cabin so it would stay running and groom. Still ride, still pay and still respect the area. Ranting I guess..what can you do?? You tell a group what the respectfull way to ride is in an area and when you get back to the truck,,,hmmm maybe trashed?? Maybe some signs at the booth with a contact if u see crap happening??

Ajay

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell, I'm going to venture out and say that most people will not confront some group of people doing this for fear of retaliation, so mention it to others and im sure there's enough of us there on a given day that will confront these d bags, THIS HAS TO STOP! I'm sure someone saw the people responsible for doing this, you cant brake a gate like that by hand or by sled so there must of been a truck up there, get a discription or plate number:mad:

And these people that can pack a dozen or more beers up the hill and not pack the empties out arent just leaving garbage behind for someone else to pack out but there more than likely drunk and hoping in there trucks and driving like d bags and sharing the highway with you and your family or friends. Something to think about:nono:

whickey

Reaction score
I think if I catch anyone doing that inside the cabin I am going to outside and carve my name on their sled. Eye for an eye. :rant:

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bout donating some trail cams? It's pretty sad that this has to be done but if a few of these clowns get charged and have to pay for it then maybe it'll stop or at least slow down.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is just NOT acceptable. We all use the cabins and ride the trails into the cabins. It is up to ALL of us to take care of our riding areas.I can't believe that someone would take all that time to cut a gate when as Maxwell says there is an alternative trail(even if there wasn't) IT'S JUST NOT OKAY!
Done with rant but WOW that tops stupid.

Thanks VARDA and Curtis for all your hard work!!! We love Valemont!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW just sickining maxwell is right everyone needs to be proactive a few years ago we were at renshaw and i cought this guy throwing his cans in the snow when he was done. Walked up to him to tell him that he NEEDS to pack out what he packs in fricken guy got all offencive and took off while his buddys cleaned up his mess. WOW

Thought the guy was guna deck me @ 1st to big mother ******:eek::eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that is the biggest issue...the people i have confronted ( nicely at first ) always get extremely defensive. i guess thats just how it is and i would never expect anyone to get into a rumble over some beer cans. but some people do listen

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These A$$hats are everywhere. Outhouse door at our parking lot destroyed.....cabin is a mess.
Got a picture of one of the guys on a hidden camera...Stupid little Fockers!:mad:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that is the biggest issue...the people i have confronted ( nicely at first ) always get extremely defensive. i guess thats just how it is and i would never expect anyone to get into a rumble over some beer cans. but some people do listen

Thats what I'm saying, I dont expect people to confront a group by themselves, but if you get a big enough group, they would have to listen!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

If any one runs into these folks politely help them dig a hole!

Names are put on the wall!

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill have to be super sure that this year I'm a cleaner sledder. I know I'm guilty of leaving garbage behind, at least I put it in the garbage can, but no matter. pack it in pack it out. And I did not know that the metal rods in the cabin were emergency probes, makes sense now. Mental note, its not a giant hot dog stick. It starts with us ppl, tell those who do wrong that they are wrong. Ask questions, take note. Captain planet can't do all the work!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have to donate some wildlife trail cameras to catch these azzmatts.Pretty darn sad. Just speak up and tell these idiots and if their is a problem note what they are driving. sleds then later off the hill personal vehicle and see if they like garbage dumped all over it and graffiti scratched down the side, compliments from fellow sledders who respect the rules.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some peoples children, what a joke, sucks about the grooming being set back:(

Top Bottom