lack of respect early in the season..already..

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what they did proves they don't respect the sport,guys like that should have to repair damages and do volunteer work to compensate,i mostly sled vale and hate to see this happen,i think a person should catch it on camera along with sled plate numbers,report it to the rcmp.confronting them is usually a waste of time

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how wide does the gate need to be? I have a bunch of good solid cattle gate that we use to keep wild buffalo out of our leases. I would gladdly donate a couple sections so you have a solid one piece gate.

that is very generous and most likely the most feasable option. I forget the exact measurements, but will get it this weekend and let you know. There ahve been some other great offers by sledslut, ukrainianmudking and im sorry if i have missed anyone, but it requires organizing steel, transport and welding and this seems like the most realistic solution. we would most likely need two sections of your widest gate, but I will get back to you

I think we will take you up on that and THANK YOU VERY MUCH:beer::beer:

S&M Members RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crownand or not trust me we r heading down the same road. I live at lake e
isle and some yahoo grey cup Sunday was ripping back n forth on the lake with the loudest can he could buy on his sled. It was 11:30 pmon a Sunday night I was asleep on the couch with the tv going. And I'm a deep sleeper. I'm not sayi g I've never rode at night but when I do I go by everyone once. Leave one way and come back another. I gaurentee your kids won't sled or quad near a river, creek or mountain when they r older Its coming.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People who can't live and let live stand along side the fence cutters and late night loud sledders will gaurentee that. Not me. We take for granted out freedom. Out here at lake isle there is a huge trail system going in. It was half done when the farmers/landowners showed concern with the trail. There was an imediate hault meetings were called to discuss this on two nights. One night for those against the trails. And one for the trails. Close to a hundred showed to close trails. And I was told fewer than a dozen showed to fight for them. So now are trail system(on crown land) is 500k Govt$spent on it and on hold. Not for good I hope but it's not looking good

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the trail system is on crown land? I can see landowners not wanting trails through their private lands, as they are "landowners". On crown land, the landowner is the crown, not the farmers. When farmers start gating up crown land, that's when fences start getting cut, because some people know the rules and get p*ssed off with renters trying to unlawfully deny access to the public. The "landowners" and farmers should have no say what goes on in crown lands in the winter and you should communicate that to the Public Lands Officer involved in this. If that doesn't work, you should talk to your MLA as there is legislation that says the public can access these lands. Just because there weren't a hundred people at the meeting to have the trail (remember I'm talking crown land here) system shouldn't be cause for the gov't to deny riding there.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the thread is correct, the land in question is privately owned land. I'm talking crown land.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in Alberta they can't deny access on crown land in the winter. Period, plain and simple. Too many of these grazing lessors think they own the land, and think they have more rights than they do. If I see one of those signs, I'm going to ignore it as I have the right to access the property. Furthermore, if the land is held under a Grazing Permit, you don't even have to notify them if you are going on. There is no reason to try to deny access to riders in the winter as there is no grazing then. It's a different story during the grazing season as there is livestock there then. Again, people trying to tell other people what to do when they don't have the right. There seems to be getting to be a lot of that in this country.

however you have to be careful in the grazing area as there is 1 or 2 qaurters that ARE privatley owned. check out the county map.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up allan today and inspected the gate, all was well except the trail had been ridden and obviously by a good amount of sleds ????? Hmmmm So i walked up the trail and found that they must have come down the trail only and then took to the bush to ride the most brutal rocks,stumps, trees to get back to the main trail.........SERIOUSLY GUYS ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope whatever damage you caused going through the stumps was worth it. You were already up the trial and simply had to ride down the proper trail ???? I really do not get it, the hard part was over?????

Oh well, you were Caught on Candid Camera ! Just no real identifying proof, minus jacket and helmet color.

I will be talking with my club to see if they want to post the pics

One guy, green 2010 cat BRIGHT ORANGE pants, brown coat

Another guy, grey pants, POWDER BLUE jacket, black helmet with a large SKULL on the side looked to be on a new RMK

And then a group of cats went through in the dark and the photos did not turn out so well.......

Geeeesh Guys you made it up the icey trail, but were too scared to come down or what?????? IDIOTS

crosroads

Reaction score
Maybe we should put colouring books and crayons up in the cabins for these idiots.... There obviously not riding that hard if they have time to vandalize so we are just going to have to find a way to amuse there small minds.

got some coloring books that my 3 year old has outgrown that i could donate, Dora and Thomas should be right at the level....

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed with the parking lot at Clemina on Sunday. I found myself picking up two Safe way bags full of cans and cups and other garbage. I just dont get it, in a place as beautiful as the mountains people still choose to throw their garbage on the ground...

On another note i was the driver of our group and travelling between Jasper and Valemount i was behind several trucks mostly crew cabs, that were tossing can after can out the window the whole way. Its just sick how ignorant people are. I have a kitchen catcher garbage bag in my truck for cans and garbage. why is it so hard?

Rant off..:nono::realmad:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Shoulda got some plate #'s....

I was pretty disappointed with the parking lot at Clemina on Sunday. I found myself picking up two Safe way bags full of cans and cups and other garbage. I just dont get it, in a place as beautiful as the mountains people still choose to throw their garbage on the ground...

On another note i was the driver of our group and travelling between Jasper and Valemount i was behind several trucks mostly crew cabs, that were tossing can after can out the window the whole way. Its just sick how ignorant people are. I have a kitchen catcher garbage bag in my truck for cans and garbage. why is it so hard?

Rant off..:nono::realmad:

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the cans that these guys throw out are beer cans and don,t want these empties in truck if get stop by cops. So they are actually breaking two laws

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is nothing more frustrating than garbage being chucked out of vehicles. Open your sliding window, chuck your beer cans into the box.

Failing that, keep a bag for garbage. Hell, my super duty has a hook just for this, and it gets used, all the time.

Top Bottom