KLIM VS Motorfist

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I understand it motorfist is old design/technology Klim gear. The first generations gear they left behind. Klim is still the top of heap. IMO. Never had a dry bum till I bought Klim. 3 yrs my first pants lasted. I tried all other gear first cause I diddnt wanna look like everyone else. But I gave in

see this is the type of talk that i hate. having been in business, nothing worse than people spreading their word without validity. where did you hear that it is old klim gear? did you bother to research this before going on the internet to tell everyone about it?
klim is still top in your opinion? have you owned any motorfist gear? or are you basing this knowledge on hearsay...likely the same persons informing you of where motorfists gear arose from?

i have no affiliation with motorfist, dont think its the best...cause i dont know what is the "best". i have owned klim gear, ride with many that still do. toss a coin i say...

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% happy with my motorfist gear. Have not had one problem with it, it fits great, suprizingly warm for how thin it is. I always think I need a fleece under it and I always end up taking it off. It is VERY breathable and waterproof isn't even the word. Since I switched to the motorfist gear I have not been wet once. Inside or out, it flat out works. My jacket is on year two and I'm hard on equipment. Not one frayed string or broken zipper. I wash it regularly in the washing machine as per manufacturing instruction. I always get a kick out of showing people the water test. I have put this jacket several times under the tap and the water just beads off of it. I went for the bibs this year as I was super impressed with the jacket and have not had any issues. The bottoms DO NOT LET IN ANY SNOW WHATSOEVER into your boot. Great design. Oh yes and the gloves? Yes I run them too, hands down THE BEST GLOVES I HAVE EVER OWNED. I swear they stay dry all day long, and super warm. The only thing I don't like about the gear is the way the collar looks on the jacket but it's not about looks and the collar works amazing and protects your neck.

Rocky Mountain Rider

Reaction score
My gear I've gone completely Motorfist, finished it off with boots this season. The end of the first day with the boots my feet were sore when I switched back to my regular boots. The second time out I put the boots on before leaving for the trip to the hill and the end of the day my feet were not feeling any effects of having them on all day.
The gloves I'm not happy with. As soon as the glove gets wet the moisture gets through to the liner and every time I pull the glove off the liner bunch's up and I have to wrestle with the glove to get it back on.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the WOT gloves by motor fist and they are by far the best gloves i have ever used, i will never try another pair warm, dry and still feel great on the bars, i have jsut picked up the stomper boot by motorfist and im excited to test them out, (replaced my hmk's that are shredded) only 260 instead of 400+ for the hmks

Summwat

Reaction score
Tried hmk for a season, and switched to Klim. On my second season on pants and jacket and just picked up some boots. I love it at the end of the day when my buddies are fighting over space near the fireplace to dry their gear and I just hang mine on the coat rack cuz it's already dry

trxstr

Reaction score
Been using full KLIM gear for 3 years straight! NEVER been wet once... Boots are a must and Gloves rock! KLIM rocks

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also forgot to mention i run the klim freeride pant, great product never wet, i believe they both make excellent products, gloves, i personally prefer the motor fist

saskcat

Reaction score
Bought last years motorfist bib and jacket at ed sled show at 40% off. Rode 9 days this year and my only regret is that i waited so long to get motorfist. But love my klim gloves.

kam

Reaction score
Im riding in all Motorfist this year as we took on the line last season. I waited one season as I had newish gear last year.
The Rekon jacket and bibs are unreal.. stomper boots can be left on from leaving your house all the way till you get back home. Thats what I like about them, theyre small enough that you can drive with them and they breathe so much better than GoreTex that you dont sweat at all.
The redline gloves were a let down but the WOT gloves are AWESOME!! I'd recommend Motorfist to anyone whos had Klim and wants to change or to anyone who wants a top of the line product at a reasonable price.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First season riding for me but I'm all Klim head to toe. Love it. I tried on the motorfist gear at the ASA and it felt really good. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Spencer! :)

That's correct. $450 for Valdez jacket $450 for togwotee bibs $380 for beacon $110 for inferno midlayer jacket $110 for the girlfriends midlayer jacket $125 for fusion gloves and a few other things I can't think of right now. My bill was around $2000 before discount. After discount then tax it was $1760. Girlfriend bought around $1000 of gear at the same time and got the same discount.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent all day in the powder and stayed dry......not one thing was wet! MotorFist from head to toe! first time sledding that I have come back total dry and have not had to dry something.......oh wait the gloves got wet but didnt come through.....but since one bar warmer wasnt working, the glove froze, but was still warm inside! love the new suit!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the full motor fist set up for christmas this year but I wasnt really feeeling the fit. everyone is different tho in body shape and stuff and I have not tried the klim gear yet but im going to try it on first before I make any crazy discisions!

tas

Reaction score
Both my wife and I have the Motor Fist gear. So far it is awsome and breaths well. Have not been cold or wet and it is very comfortable. It has a good warranty as well as reasonably priced.

Top Bottom