Save your $!

thiels2

Reaction score
I’m typically not one to complain or leave a bad review on anything. But today Klim got to an all new level when trying to get warranty on my season and a bit old Lochsa onesie.

I sent the garment in due to several spots leaking quite bad, always followed proper care instructions and even treated it once with minimal improvements as per their request… today they responded with the warranty was denied because I sent in with open vents and that’s likely where and why it was leaking… according to them it also had a “ski burn” on the leg which I have no clue what that is, Klim rep I called today didn’t know either. Lastly I had a very small amount of Velcro stitched back on waist area this past winter.

In summary I would never buy anything Klim again, absolutely terrible service and warranty process, my advice save your $ and go any other way for gear!

I listed email response today for reference.

thiels2

Reaction score
Hello Jason,

Thank you for submitting a warranty with us. After evaluation by our warranty team we have found that the item came in with several of the vest zipper open in areas that were leaking. There is also a home repair at the waist with stitching on the velcro and stitching is through all layers and there is no seamtape on back. There is also a ski burn on the left leg. For these reasons this piece does not qualify for a leakage test. We can offer to repair. Cost to repair will be:

$35.00 to repair the velcro at waist with the home repair.
$70.00 to repair the ski burn on the left lower leg.

Please be aware of the following:

1. Each repair will have a visible seam line.
2. An item with a paid repair will no longer qualify for a leakage test in the future.
3. Repaired items will be subject to available parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the exact product back. If repair is near a Klim Logo then the Klim logo might be lost.
4. You are welcome to choose as many repairs as you would like to have completed.
5. If the item is coming from Canada, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges and duties, and taxes on the cost of repair.

For more details on our Warranty Policy please click on the link below:
http://www.klim.com/Warranty/

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with the paid repair. Thank you!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my first pair of klim gloves last year, one ride and the palms were totally destroyed, down to the white plastic stuff inside. Was surprised because most speak highly of them but wasn't my experience. Didn't try warranty at all

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Here's mine this year from them.
Warranty is a crap shoot at best......Mine were leaking also in multiple areas....
I purchased a pair from Martins after claim was denied, but Klim discount code did not work.
They then stated code is only for there there website after the fact.
Unreal and good luck with warranty.

We have evaluated your Togwotee bibs, There's multiple panels that have fading fabric, to the point where it is very weak and breaking.
Because of this damage they do not qualify for a leakage test. We are unfortunately not able to repair them the cost would exceed 2/3 the
cost of a new pair. What we can do is offer you a 30% off discount code to use to purchase a new pair. Let me know if this works for you
and then we will get your bibs sent back to you.
Thank you

Angie Ennis | Customer Service Representative
KLIM Technical Riding Gear 3753 County Line Road | Rigby, Idaho 83442
p 208.745.2728 or 208.552.7433 x1103 | f 208.552.1615
www.KLIM.com | aennis@klim.com Customer Service Feedback | Warranty/Repair Feedback US & Canada Warranty | International Warranty
We would love your feedback. Please complete this survey for a chance to win a Klim Lifestyle Product.

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
After replying back that I was not happy with only 30%, I got this response and last communication from Klim...
They would respond to any further emails and when I phoned the rep said the case was closed and nothing they could do.
Unreal...

Thanks for your email. The tag information on the bibs tells us when these were manufactured.
They were manufactured 10 years ago and are very well worn and in some areas worn almost through.
That is why they are leaking. We aren't able to do a leakage test for those reasons. We feel the lifetime
of the bibs have been reached. Since we are not able to repair, we can give you a discount so you can
purchase a new pair. Here is the code to use xxx-xxxxxx that will give you 30% off.
Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience. Have a great day!

www.KLIM.com | aennis@klim.com Customer Service Feedback | Warranty/Repair Feedback US & Canada Warranty | International Warranty
We would love your feedback. Please complete this survey for a chance to win a Klim Lifestyle Product.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Tobe pants only last me one day. No warranty, good thing they were only 700$ 😂

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like Klim warranty is hit and miss? Some guys have great luck, get stuff fully repaired/replaced and other guys are given a coupon and told sorry about your luck. Is motorfist still around? There's only a handful of "sled specific" gear manufacturers and their quality and after sales support is spotty. Doesn't really affect me currently since I'm taking a pause on sledding but sh!tty customer service drives me bonkers.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
After replying back that I was not happy with only 30%, I got this response and last communication from Klim...
They would respond to any further emails and when I phoned the rep said the case was closed and nothing they could do.
Unreal...

Thanks for your email. The tag information on the bibs tells us when these were manufactured.
They were manufactured 10 years ago and are very well worn and in some areas worn almost through.
That is why they are leaking. We aren't able to do a leakage test for those reasons. We feel the lifetime
of the bibs have been reached. Since we are not able to repair, we can give you a discount so you can
purchase a new pair. Here is the code to use xxx-xxxxxx that will give you 30% off.
Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience. Have a great day!

10 years , that is past the life of the garment easily, were they walking on their own?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ferniesnow gets the BEST Klim warranty ever. Years ago when Klim had a guy south of Lethbridge it was great. A buddy and I went there and I got my boots, gloves and jacket covered under warranty. Last 2 times trying both were denied.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my first pair of klim gloves last year, one ride and the palms were totally destroyed, down to the white plastic stuff inside. Was surprised because most speak highly of them but wasn't my experience. Didn't try warranty at all
I dont know about the warrenty but i find FXR gloves to be the best. Have some of thier clothing too and its top notch. Thinking i will be going fxr with everything in the future.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have had a few warranty claims. Two pair of gloves looked brand new but were coming apart. Denied. So haven't bought anything since.
However, this past season, I was always getting damp feet in my Adrenaline boots. Tried several things and found it was definitely the boots. Sent them in for the leak test and they were covered under warranty. At the time, they could not supply because of no stock, so had to wait for new production. I just received a new pair a few weeks ago in the mail. The weird part, my boots were 8-10 years old. Boots had misc scuffs, but still looked good. Even the soles were in great shape (cause I file the tips off the sharp running boards). Even the freight was PPD both ways. But I understood that when I bought years ago, the warranty period was a lot longer than the 1 year you get now.
Needless to say, I was quite surprised. Luck or not, I'll take it.

Attachments

• 20220728_170033.jpg
    20220728_170033.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 106

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still use my Polaris Event pants, $700+ back in the day, little tore up around the boots but still very dry. I use to buy TO-BE gear long before many even knew about it here, use to come out of Sweeden, not sure if it still does, but even though well worn my jackets keep the water out but they are a bit bulky compared to the new style of gear. For various reasons I try to stay away from HH but man they do make some nice stuff.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saved $400 on sled boots by pulling my old snowboard boots out and using them instead. Was a tossup between Klim and 509 for boots and I decided fawk it, tired of getting let down by expensive sled boots. I used snowboard boots when I first got into the sport and nothing has stayed waterproof for as many seasons so trying it again.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saved $400 on sled boots by pulling my old snowboard boots out and using them instead. Was a tossup between Klim and 509 for boots and I decided fawk it, tired of getting let down by expensive sled boots. I used snowboard boots when I first got into the sport and nothing has stayed waterproof for as many seasons so trying it again.
Look at the oldy moldy pic of ya
a240b65ba719c0e83089f50ac9b5551c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 years , that is past the life of the garment easily, were they walking on their own?
What a nice comment from a “supposedly” good ambassador of the sport..?!

Here’s a thought… maybe the guy doesn’t ride as much as you…. Maybe he bought it off a sale rack that had been sitting for a few years…. Maybe he’s 70 and doesn’t ride as hard as some young punks… or maybe he just takes care of his stuff, and expects a “high quality” item should last?

Norona…I sure hope you never have to drive a truck that’s 10 years old… you know, an old wore out hunk of crap that’s “past its life”?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m typically not one to complain or leave a bad review on anything. But today Klim got to an all new level when trying to get warranty on my season and a bit old Lochsa onesie.

I sent the garment in due to several spots leaking quite bad, always followed proper care instructions and even treated it once with minimal improvements as per their request… today they responded with the warranty was denied because I sent in with open vents and that’s likely where and why it was leaking… according to them it also had a “ski burn” on the leg which I have no clue what that is, Klim rep I called today didn’t know either. Lastly I had a very small amount of Velcro stitched back on waist area this past winter.

In summary I would never buy anything Klim again, absolutely terrible service and warranty process, my advice save your $ and go any other way for gear!

I listed email response today for reference.
Thanks for sharing.

Way too many people are brainwashed into thinking that all this expensive gear should only last a couple years, and then no support from the manufacturer.
Most of this crap is made overseas with huge profit margins (easy Snopro… I didn’t say the dealer made the profit)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep ill be running burton pants to match my DC jacket.

I agree with MPkid. This snowmobile gear is over priced junk these days..

Top Bottom