Save your $!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 has a ton of factory riders now wearing their gear… but is it good? Or just free? I need new gear next year… new two piece something. I’ll be in Revy March 8 if you’re around!

Had some of their gloves, decent but not great, rode with borchers a few years ago for a few days in Revy and he said he really liked the 509 gear……. But he said he gets it free, he wasn’t trying to sell me on it, just was stating his opinion, he also said he didn’t think it was as good as klim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine worked great for two days......
Wont hold a charge more than one hour now.
Fan quit on day one.
Ignites.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 509 goggles and helmet, never tried the outerwear though.
I have 509 bibs and jacket. I have really liked them. Don't get out as much as most guys anymore. But I haven't be disappointed after wearing Klim gear for 20 years prior. I still do wear Klim gloves most of the time though. And went to a CKX Titan helmet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Doo Helium jacket, Klim boots and pants and Doo Highmark Gomes. Also have the CKX Titan helmet. Love everything but would like a less bulky boot that’s lighter as well

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
TOBE gear has worked well for me, couldn't believe i spent over $1000 on a onesie. But after i did i was glad i did, kept me dry for 3 years. But after that it started to get damp on the rain days. Then i upgraded to the new V2 suit of the one i already had. It has been great as well. Rode a little harder last season and in the trees lots. No tears, holes, only parts that are starting to get damp is the upper thighs from me being lazy and always resting my arms/hands on them because im so out of shape, plus it got dirty from oil/grease breaking stuff and touching there. But it's still dry underneath.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pants are fuct already, so i have nothing to lose.

Not sure how long im staying. Tell i had enough, we'll see.

The Gear re-Store in Calgary used to be the klim repair center. I sent a pair of off warranty klim bibs to them. They do good work for a decent price.
Klim voided the warranty on my bibs when I sewed the strap back on during one of my revy trips, I wasn’t impressed.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOBE gear has worked well for me, couldn't believe i spent over $1000 on a onesie. But after i did i was glad i did, kept me dry for 3 years. But after that it started to get damp on the rain days. Then i upgraded to the new V2 suit of the one i already had. It has been great as well. Rode a little harder last season and in the trees lots. No tears, holes, only parts that are starting to get damp is the upper thighs from me being lazy and always resting my arms/hands on them because im so out of shape, plus it got dirty from oil/grease breaking stuff and touching there. But it's still dry underneath.

You sound easy to please. If I only got 3 years out of my $1000+ klim mono suit I’d be choked. Have had mine since 2019 and no dampness, tears, leaks or anything. Broke one of the buttons off the leg snap at the bottom of the right leg snowboarding in Jasper last week, it was frozen together and I got rammy trying to undo the button. First issue since I got it and that is extremely minor.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Gear re-Store in Calgary used to be the klim repair center. I sent a pair of off warranty klim bibs to them. They do good work for a decent price.
Klim voided the warranty on my bibs when I sewed the strap back on during one of my revy trips, I wasn’t impressed.

My klim pants are brand new and mint, but my tobe pants are ripped.

They were only a day old though

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You sound easy to please. If I only got 3 years out of my $1000+ klim mono suit I’d be choked. Have had mine since 2019 and no dampness, tears, leaks or anything. Broke one of the buttons off the leg snap at the bottom of the right leg snowboarding in Jasper last week, it was frozen together and I got rammy trying to undo the button. First issue since I got it and that is extremely minor.

You're not wrong i am easy to please. i could still wear that monosuit. I just wanted to have a spare one so i upgraded. There's nothing wrong with either of them. For those days that your suit doesn't dry out. The inside of the suits stay dry, the outsides get damp where the water doesn't bead off anymore.

Don't ask me about my alpha rail...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My klim pants are brand new and mint, but my tobe pants are ripped.

They were only a day old though

I had to send my tobe pants out as well. I think they use the gear restore as well but I can’t remember at the moment.
I sent a suit to klim in for warranty and the the shipping to the states was like a two week ordeal.

I like my tobe bibs, they fit perfectly over my mobius knee brace.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to send my tobe pants out as well. I think they use the gear restore as well but I can’t remember at the moment.
I sent a suit to klim in for warranty and the the shipping to the states was like a two week ordeal.

I like my tobe bibs, they fit perfectly over my mobius knee brace.

I emailed them about the pants and they never even got back to me. I ve had 5 tobe jackets, tobe onzies before they were cool and still nothing.

All good, the girls in town can fix it for a small fee

mikermz250

Reaction score
Purchased my Tobe cordus boots in 2021, last trip they both pulled the stitching in the Achilles area, same day which is odd lol..
filled out their warranty forum online with some pics and they sent me brand new Cordus V2’s to my doorstep in about a week, no questions asked. Thumbs up from me on that service.

Top Bottom