Save your $!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a brand new Klim mono suit 3 seasons ago for $350, it’s awesome, no complaints, cheaper than junk snowboard gear from sport check and 10x the quality. Just don’t go buy full whack retail priced stuff and you won’t be but hurt when you have an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe people still by sled gear…. Stopped 10yrs ago when klim wanted $600 for a jacket. Crazy, not even made in Canada or the USA!

Right now I use serve ice climbing gear, it has been really good for half the price.

HighSpeedLowDrag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was also wondering about the leather additions on the bibs. Would that be slippery on the seat and would the leather on the legs be stiff and cumbersome in the cold?
Leather is the ideal suit material. It doesn't leak moisture or melt or make loud noises. I went to get a new leather suit some years ago and didn't buy it because the ones for sale were lighter than my old one and then became hard to find at all.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody try this new brand yet? The stuff is all over the socials. Seems priced right and it sounds like great customer service during the ordering process….

tried that link Got the following

We blocked this dangerous page for your protection: https://www.ewtsportline.com/product-category/snow/ Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9fce9493645d263e407b57065de1207f.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a brand new Klim mono suit 3 seasons ago for $350, it’s awesome, no complaints, cheaper than junk snowboard gear from sport check and 10x the quality. Just don’t go buy full whack retail priced stuff and you won’t be but hurt when you have an issue

Thats great if you are sitting around waiting for a sale.

When youre in Revelstoke riding and you need pants for the next day of riding epic pow, you take what you can find. And hopefully they last longer than that day lol

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe people still by sled gear…. Stopped 10yrs ago when klim wanted $600 for a jacket. Crazy, not even made in Canada or the USA!

Right now I use serve ice climbing gear, it has been really good for half the price.
Ok… I’ll bite. What is and where do you buy serve ice climbing gear?
A quick google search yields a bunch of the same old names that don’t seem to be half price?
Black Diamond
Arc’teryx
Mountain Hardware
Northface

Also.. The MEC name popped up on the search. I had a MEC membership +30yrs ago not knowing they despise and support the fight against Motorsports activities. I’ll never step a foot in that door again, and I make sure to let others know that they shouldn’t shop at places like that either.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great if you are sitting around waiting for a sale.

When youre in Revelstoke riding and you need pants for the next day of riding epic pow, you take what you can find. And hopefully they last longer than that day lol

Lol not quite, tried a buddies mono suit on and liked it. Got back from the mountains, had two more days off. Quick kijiji search and saw a brand new one in the plastic for sale in Edmonton. Messaged him and picked it up the next day. It was a size too small, called Martin Motorsport and traded it for a size large no questions asked. If I tore a hole in some gear and needed something quick I could just throw on one of the 2 or 3 other pairs of snowboard pants or sled gear I have down in the storage room or in my gear bag

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to get about 3 years out of Klim boots and then it dropped to less than a year. Don't buy them anymore.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol not quite, tried a buddies mono suit on and liked it. Got back from the mountains, had two more days off. Quick kijiji search and saw a brand new one in the plastic for sale in Edmonton. Messaged him and picked it up the next day. It was a size too small, called Martin Motorsport and traded it for a size large no questions asked. If I tore a hole in some gear and needed something quick I could just throw on one of the 2 or 3 other pairs of snowboard pants or sled gear I have down in the storage room or in my gear bag

Right on. In Revelstoke 350$ gets you some klim gloves maybe lol

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been wearing a pair of Carhartt bib shell pants for about 5 years. Wash and waterproof every fall. Best pants I've ever used, tough as nails and were under $200 I think.
Also a Strikt jacket, probably 5 years old. Made in Golden, great product.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new pair of klim pants.
They were also close to 700$.

They seem to be more durable, and have already lasted me twice as long as the last pair of tobe pants. (2days)

But i gotta say, i like the tobes better.
Just feel lighter and can move better in them.

I couldnt find a pair in my size in Revy, but i think i can pay a seamstress in revy to fix the pair i have. So going to do that.

Last edited:

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Arctic Cat brand pants and jacket, bought at the same time as my 2018 Cat sled, they have been good.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new pair of klim pants.
They were also close to 700$.

They seem to be more durable, and have already lasted me twice as long as the last pair of tobe pants. (2days)

But i gotta say, i like the tobes better.
Just feel lighter and can move better in them.

I couldnt find a pair in my size in Revy, but i think i can pay a seamstress in revy to fix the pair i have. So going to do that.

Be careful with that, the stitching the seamstress does can phuk up your water proofing.

How long you staying in Revy for?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful with that, the stitching the seamstress does can phuk up your water proofing.

How long you staying in Revy for?

The pants are fuct already, so i have nothing to lose.

Not sure how long im staying. Tell i had enough, we'll see.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 has a ton of factory riders now wearing their gear… but is it good? Or just free? I need new gear next year… new two piece something. I’ll be in Revy March 8 if you’re around!

Top Bottom