just found this??????cat 2012??????

stadler

Reaction score
well i have an 2009 summit its got 2500 miles on it, i broke skis,rails but i nvr bend my a arms.. and i ride that thing hard. i have an 09 m8 too 1500 miles every time i hit a stump or a rock a arms get twisted bad. cats front end is weak with 5" spindles itll be a mess with this...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
There is NO WAY you can speculate the damage from hitting a stump or rock. I have wiped the front end off a doo from hitting a rock at 30 k/hr and it didn't even stop me. I've also hit a stump at 70 k/hr that launched me over the bars, sent the sled endoing for 30 feet, got up expecting to call a chopper and could not find any damage :confused: my point is that every crash is different.
I don't think there will as much icing up problems with that open front end like that.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have an 2009 summit its got 2500 miles on it, i broke skis,rails but i nvr bend my a arms.. and i ride that thing hard. i have an 09 m8 too 1500 miles every time i hit a stump or a rock a arms get twisted bad. cats front end is weak with 5" spindles itll be a mess with this...

Well i sell lots of a-arms for all makes of sleds. The one thing i like about a cat is i'd rather have an a-arm bend rather than a nunn or bulkhead. I have seen several bent up doo nunn's and bulkheads this year alone. So there is no way that you can tell me that doo's are tougher than the cat m-chasis.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Glen there is no way a doo has a stronger fron end than the older cat. When I saw the pic of the new cat and heard that they are lighter, I wondered at what cost. The spindle looks longer than the sno pro 600 all i wondered would there be possibly be more nun damage done in the event of someone catchin a rock with a ski. This is just pure speculation!!, the new cat look great!! The z1 turbo Mtn has caught my eye if it is as light as what i heard I may be on a new cat for 2013.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stop hittiing fawkin rocks and no one will have any problems.

rocks are typically dark in color and made from a very dense material.

just so you know what to look outfor

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stop hittiing fawkin rocks and no one will have any problems.

rocks are typically dark in color and made from a very dense material.

just so you know what to look outfor

Also watch out for those tall skinny things with branches called trees. Cause them beggers will jump out right in front of you just so that they can grap your ski..:d:cool::beer::d

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I nailed a tree with the skis off the ground doing over fifty with my M8 directly on the lower a arm, sent me flying after breakin the top of the tree off with my shoulder, not worth explaining, we'll just say I was being a dumbass, I turned around to see what I thought would be a yard sale of pieces and it turned out to be a bent lower arm and spindle bolt, not even flaked powdercoat on the upper, if this is the weak M chassis everyones lippin about I think you may be more the issue than your sled. This is the never ending song like the Barny kids song, doos are the best, no cats, no polaris, fact is it's 90% rider 10% machine if you ask me, I was out yesterday with all three and depending on who was riding what and where they all did different from hillclimbs to boondocking etc, even fuel mileage was different, 2 weeks ago I needed my piggyback @120km, yesterday I went 140 without it. As far as these new ones go I really like the looks and the marketing division at cat deserves a raise as they have the whole industry intrigued, not rushing to trade my 11 off but probably go for a 13 if these hold up, 1 more day and we'll all know what to expect

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything that says Diamond Drive or ACT

Attachments

• 2012 Cat.JPG
    2012 Cat.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 252

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
By just looking at the picture of the White F1100, it looks like there is only a single connecting arm on the lower end of the front suspension. Maybe it's my eyes or the angle of the picture, but would this not reduce the torsional loads on the system if it hits something. I ride a Cat, and have bent A-arms, but this system certainly looks weaker. Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see.

powerclaw

Reaction score
i see seriolus issues with that front end.....but obviously its been tested

you seem to have an opinion about every damn thing everybody says. you seem to be a negative type person. so every one gets that you don't like the new cats or probably any cats for that matter so keep your negative opinions to yourself. thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told by a good freind who is a cat dealer that the diamond drive is gone and it'll be a chaincase aswell the mtn sleds will be sporting a 16" wide track.

powerclaw

Reaction score
i herd and this is only rumor that arctic cat lost the diamond drive to either doo or yamaha. im not sure if anyone else herd that rumor.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you seem to have an opinion about every damn thing everybody says. you seem to be a negative type person. so every one gets that you don't like the new cats or probably any cats for that matter so keep your negative opinions to yourself. thanks

who said i never liked the new cats. did i say that? grow up :nono:

maybe if you open your eyes you will see im not the only one talking about the front end and im just throwing it out there.

do you need a hug?

they arent free but it could be arranged if you stop flapping your gums at me

just for the reccord i think cat is making some great steps here. just because im pondering the front end doesnt mean im a negative nancy here to make fun of the new cats.

Top Bottom