just found this??????cat 2012??????

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found this on facebook. I LIKE the looks of this. I've also heard rumors of it coming in under 420lbs dry..

WOW that would be awesome if they can do it, as the weight comes down on these machines they are not leaving much for the aftermarket guys to tap into anymore. Light weight parts used to be big business now we get it stock, I love it. :beer:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too, Maybe the fox floats will work better on next years cats compared to the previous years.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glen doesn't it look like the shocks are more vertical than the older cats? Looks like the angle is reduced quite abit.

Yah it does. I just hate how the ride changes with temp of air in the shock. Or at least it did badly on mine. I'm just hopin for an all black version of the Mseries in a 162 cause i think the big black beast is gonna go up for sale, we will see tomorow. But i have a feeling it is..

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can hardly wait until tommorow....turbo 1100 maybe in the garage next fall....sweet looking ride....everyone should ride a Cat ....you will become a belieiver!!!!!!!! Let the bashing begin boys!!!!!!! ....but tommorow their will be some long faces...thats my prediction! lol..

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fox float pressure changed every 5 degrees you are supposed to adjust. so going from +1 to -20 there is some serious change going on.

That is what i call a pain in the arse. Also how do you account for the heat build up in the shock after it's been worked hard for an hour versus when you unload it out of your truck or after you stop for lunch. If i buy a 2012 and it has floats i doubt they will last past xmas next year. I will give them a chance but i dont hold out much hope for the floats.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what i call a pain in the arse. Also how do you account for the heat build up in the shock after it's been worked hard for an hour versus when you unload it out of your truck or after you stop for lunch. If i buy a 2012 and it has floats i doubt they will last past xmas next year. I will give them a chance but i dont hold out much hope for the floats.

I've run nitrogen in mine for the last 4 seasons. Better than it was with air!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow haven't been on this thread in a while. as light as they may be, they sure look like ugly heavy pigs. looks like they have a better, more vertical shock angle though as opposed to the near flat/useless angle of the past.

I don't want to sound like too much of a negative nancy but, as much as id like to see it making 190hp, I don't see that happening. And if they are then i'll be holding off to see how reliable it is. There's a fine line between horsepower and displacement, and 15% more output from previous 800 H.O.'s of any brand is a huge leap over that fine line.

I think I hear an E-tec calling me? maybe the new cats will grow on me though.

Last edited:

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow haven't been on this thread in a while. as light as they may be, they sure look like ugly heavy pigs. looks like they have a better, more vertical shock angle though as opposed to the near flat/useless angle of the past.

I don't want to sound like too much of a negative nancy but, as much as id like to see it making 190hp, I don't see that happening. And if they are then i'll be holding off to see how reliable it is. There's a fine line between horsepower and displacement, and 15% more output from previous 800 H.O.'s of any brand is a huge leap over that fine line.

I think I hear an E-tec calling me? maybe the new cats will grow on me though.

I'm never going to say never but I have to agree 190hp out of a 800cc without boost does not seem realistic, I personally think 175hp out of an 800 without boost or at least twin pipes would be amazing. I can't see them doing it with natural aspiration and a single pipe but oh I beg that they prove me wrong. ;)

Top Bottom