January Conditions

EarlFace

Reaction score
you should send a p.m.(private message) to bbtoys.... He lives in mcbride and rides a lot. He and his wife(heyjude) also run a great bed&breakfast for sledders and they could probably help you out with accomodations too.... Just my 2 cents, especially since you only have 2 days riding to squeeze in.;)

thanks man, we already have accomidations just cant remember the name of the place were staying. just want to get the most out of my trip:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thanks man, we already have accomidations just cant remember the name of the place were staying. Just want to get the most out of my trip:d

glengine or rod from adrenaline addiction tours might be another to check with for areas to ride, when and where..... Good luck

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just back from Belle, 20 inches of fresh at the very least. Top of the hills are wind blowen but in the valley's and tree's 2-3 feet of good snow. Burn had that at least. -4 at the cabin and snowing hard when I left.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just returned from McBride last night. Rode Renshaw first two days snow was a little slim , rode Bell yesterday snow was awesome 2-3ft! Be prepared for some serious snow at MM09. Mount Robson got absolutley hammered so give yourselves some extra travel time.

Thanks to Glenn (SpinDrift) for the Digitron install. Awesome work.
Barry & Judy for another great stay! Just like being at home.

Sorry no pics! To busy getting in as much snow as I could before heading back to work!!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys, well snowing again, not to heavy right now, lots of new snow accumulating on the hills, Belle is getting groomed tonight and Renshaw should be groomed tonight or tommorow, it depends on the road up, really bad yesterday, my dad made the drive today though, we are also going to be on the plough guys to make sure all three parking areas at the Renshaw are nice and clear for the weekend.

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Lucille today and there was a good 18-24 inches on the trail up. Good snow today.
Going up Rensahw tomorrow.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All, is belle and lucille safe to get in and is it good for the wife with a 144 gade 600. Thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard from guys up renshaw today that there was like 4t ft of fresh and the snow is finally up to the roof of the cabin.. And it was still snowin hard when they left and is currently snowing hard in town..

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard from guys up renshaw today that there was like 4t ft of fresh and the snow is finally up to the roof of the cabin.. And it was still snowin hard when they left and is currently snowing hard in town..

OOOOOOOHHHHH BOY.....POWDER CHUBBY!!!!:d:d

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Thanks Glengine and bbtoys for the reports. I can't wait to ride fri, sat and sun. I am looking forword to riding in powder again. wwwwwwooooooo.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
how hard is it snowing on top ?
whats the visibility like once your at the cabin

any info would be great

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-2 now and still snowing. Got a big dump in town and that usually means a bigger one up top. Going up Renshaw to check on the cabin, should be back by lunch, will let you know what is happening.
You will be riding in the deep pow tomorrow for sure.
Avy risk will climb to HIGH with all this fresh and warm weather.
Stay off the south facing slopes and the steep ones that have trees one them as well. Search and Rescure has been very quiet and we would like to keep it that way.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
could you please make some pictures ?
got a buddy who thinks if it snows that much he doestn wanna go
cause he wouldnt see anything

but so far what i read it snows over night ?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
could you please make some pictures ?
got a buddy who thinks if it snows that much he doestn wanna go
cause he wouldnt see anything

but so far what i read it snows over night ?

Lots of times when it snows like this the visibility isn't the greatest but man to ride 4' of fresh pow for a whole tank of fuel is out of this world. If you stay in the meadows and low areas with a few trees around you can usally have a super day.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving now Darcy. Still snowing pretty hard in town. Going to be a workout. Bad day for pictures and it will snow sometimes all day and night here. If he thinks he doesn't want to ride because there is to much snow and no vis. I would stay home or find another to ride with this weekend. Oh boy oh boy another weekend like the last with you Darcy, 4 feet of pow.
Looks like Thunderstruck are going up Renshaw this am. Test the propane sled to see how much it will burn going up trail.

Top Bottom