January Conditions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude... i got a hot wife and 4 kids im into other things other than KILLER CLIMBS
Getting back home is one of them
Huh??? Don't get your panties in a bunch, you just got two pieces if advice on the conditions, It doesn't take a killer climb to trigger a slide!!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys, well currently the avalanche rating for thurs, fri, and sat is considerable, but lets be honest, these ratings are set by some idiot in vancouver who probably couldnt' find a mountain if you hit him in the ass with it. I would consider all three hills to be high at all elevations, I want every single sledder to get off the hills safe and in one peice!
Currently it is trying to snow right now, not much though, there is supposed to be a bit over night. Also according to the weather network it is supposed to start snowing on the 26th and keep snowing till the 4 of february, again, these "predictions" are not always true, but one can hope.
I look forward to seeing everyone on the hills, have a great weekend!!! Renshaw is being groomed as I type and the others should be done before the weekend. Also Renshaw will be groomed throughout the weekend. Question I have when do guys plan to start showing up for the Mountain Mania? I am hoping to pass it on to the groomer so he can have the hills in top shape for everyone.
Well RIDE SAFE!!!! AND HAVE FUN!!!!!
See you on the weekend!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the main core of people arwe showin up probably thur night and friday.. The main days up renshaw will be friday, staurday,sunday. Kinda like usual.. But on saturday there is goin to be alot of people up[ that trail, it might need done twice that day..

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have already talked to the groomer about Sat. All is under control. Groomer going up about 2:00 in the afternoon and waiting for most to get off the hill then coming down. May even go up earlier that 2:00. We will see on that day how it looks.

fersch

Reaction score
when is mountain mania?Is it this weekend or is it next weekend?

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi boys, ok I will talk to rod and try to make sure the trail gets done wed night as well as thurs night and friday,(also sat and sun) I already told the groomer to gets lots of sleep monday through wednesday cause it was going to be a crazy weekend!
BB did he say he would do it twice on Sat? I will talk to him about that too, try and keep the trail up for all the boys. I dont need any broken back stories k.
Well it is currently snowing, not getting to far, but maybe more on the hills.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how far back you guys are goin but i would strongly suggest staying out of the spirit lake area. We were there last sunday and there are a fractures all over the place including on the trail just before you drop into the lake. We could'nt get out of there fast enough. That new snow will hide those fractures easy. Its not a matter of "if" it will slide, but "when".

fersch

Reaction score
Where is that lake so i dont go there?Thats not over the saddle is it?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it is way farther back, over the saddle there is a lake area then go over another big rolling hill to another lake with a big sidehill wind row all those areas seemed pretty safe to us. Still use caution

themadcatter

Reaction score
Thanks will watch out for it ... i know that place well ... After that long side hill i blew up my 93 580 MC on that lake not once but twice in '02 consecutive trips too.... the good ol days

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Hotrod, he groomed up Renshaw today (Thursday) and only about 4in. of new at the cabin. Time for some dancin' and prancin' people. Get it plumped up for the big weekend coming up. Higgins.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats this big weekend?? why are there going to be so many people there? Adult entertainment?

Top Bottom