January Conditions

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody have an update on the conditions of renshaw? heading up tonight... pounded out pretty bad or has the mountain got some fresh stuff in the last couple days at all?

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
anybody have an update on the conditions of renshaw? heading up tonight... pounded out pretty bad or has the mountain got some fresh stuff in the last couple days at all?

Sunny and minus 17 this morning - no wind - no more snow. Got a few inches up top but nothing major. Still lots of good play areas up the Renshaw. The area around the cabin will be more tracked out than others. Many avys have come down, but still a hazard to watch out for.

Some local riders are up the Renshaw today so we may have a more detailed report for you later.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunny and minus 17 this morning - no wind - no more snow. Got a few inches up top but nothing major. Still lots of good play areas up the Renshaw. The area around the cabin will be more tracked out than others. Many avys have come down, but still a hazard to watch out for.

Some local riders are up the Renshaw today so we may have a more detailed report for you later.

Thanks for the info... have the faces on either side as you go up the saddle came down yet? if they haven't we will probably go over the ladder instead.

Thanks,
Ryan

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... have the faces on either side as you go up the saddle came down yet? if they haven't we will probably go over the ladder instead.

Thanks,
Ryan
There is always a huge cornice when you cross the ladder/switchbacks on the right hand side. The runout typically goes all the way down to the bottom, keep an eye on it and keep big distance between riders when dropping over the top. We stay at least a couple hundred yards apart and regroup on the first hill at the bottom with trees. Also makes a good gas dropoff if you go to Mt. Pauline.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the big ones have come down yet on the saddle. Looks like we are in for warm weather and a ton of snow next week.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately i'm not making the event! I got 3 of my fingers pinched in my sled lift 2 weeks back and i still can't close my hand properly and the stiches aren't coming out till Wednesday. I was planning on it. Higgins.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
OUCH! Well hopefully we get to see you next time your in town! Too bad your going to miss all the fun! I suggest no more dropping sled lifts on the hands?

Unfortunately i'm not making the event! I got 3 of my fingers pinched in my sled lift 2 weeks back and i still can't close my hand properly and the stiches aren't coming out till Wednesday. I was planning on it. Higgins.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets pray for god warm weather and lots of snow. Heading up wednesday night and riding thursday, but not sure where yet.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-17 and sunny. The boys were up Renshaw yesterday and found 6-8 inches of new. Not as good a 3-4 feet like last time but was ok. Snow is supposed to start this pm. Will let you know if it happens. Doctor said tomorrow will be my first day back in the saddle and I will be putting his orders to the test. Renshaw for a casual ride.

fersch

Reaction score
We were up there sat and sunday.We could'nt find any powder.We looked all day.Very wind blown.But all around was a good day.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up sunday to Renshaw. Went over the saddle and found the 6 inches of snow everywhere. Had lots of fun climbing in the trees and messing around on natural features and snow drifts.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rode renshaw saturday and lucile sunday... worst snow i've ever seen in mcbride... it was like the groomer groomed the whole place and then 1 inch of fresh snow on top... even in the trees it was like concrete both places. Spring riding conditions but really cold out. you could idle up most hills and then punch it and go over anything... and your track would only trench about 3 inches of snow it was so wind blown and sun baked. very boring

im no snow condition pro but if i had to guess if we get another huge dump of snow on top of that crust it will be prime conditions for avalanches again.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode renshaw thurs, fri
sat , got the hell out sun, hero snow everywhere, skiff of snow, did i say cold -26 fri -30 sat and sun, should have went to hotel instead. the brass monkey had no nads, may have froze off. definately will be high avy with any amount of new snow. with all the talk of a big sled turn out i'm staying home, talk about pounded out trails no thanks.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-8 this morning and it snowed most of the nite. Still snowing as I type and abit of a blizzard. Zip for visability, hard to say how much has come down but it looks like a fair bit, will have to shovel. May put of the Renshaw ride but if I go will see if I can get some pic's.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Barry. Myself and my buddy from E&S are comming up wednesday night and might ride lucille on thursday if you want to join us. I think Glengine is comming aswell.

EarlFace

Reaction score
can anyone get me some more info on where to go and where to stay away from in the mcbride area? only got 2 days of riding when i come at the begining of march and dont wanna waste my time:)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
can anyone get me some more info on where to go and where to stay away from in the mcbride area? Only got 2 days of riding when i come at the begining of march and dont wanna waste my time:)

you should send a p.m.(private message) to bbtoys.... He lives in mcbride and rides a lot. He and his wife(heyjude) also run a great bed&breakfast for sledders and they could probably help you out with accomodations too.... Just my 2 cents, especially since you only have 2 days riding to squeeze in.;)

Top Bottom