January Conditions

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higgins, Are you still pulling wire for a living? Where are you with the retirement of the Rolling Mill?

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Okay, guys !!

In the two hours since my last post, we have had a big snowstorm move in. So far, about three inches of nice poofy snow has fallen in town with whiteout conditions. Temp has dropped to -4 so it's not going to melt anytime soon. Snow on the mountains for this weekend should be epic. Visibility may not be that great - hopefully it clears up a bit.

Sledders coming to McBride today and tomorrow, please be careful on those roads !!! You will be dealing with icy conditions as well as moose coming out to lick the salt off the roads later in the day.

HotRod the groomer is up and running again.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LET IT SNOW... LET IT SNOW... LET IT SNOW...

Seriously,..... I need to get up there,

I'm actually starting to twitch with anticipation.

MICKEY DOO DOO, POWDER HOUND, LETS DO THIS.........

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Another blizzard this am. Snowing hard and -8 at this time. Vis. will be bad in the am. Roads home last nite were icy from Jasper to Mcbride but passable if you took your time. 6 hours from Edmonton to beer at home.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys just got back from Lucille and said they played all day in waist to chest deep snow. Lots of stucks.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys comin in the shop say the powder depths are awesome.. We are forcasted to get a whole bunch more snow this weekend and beginning of next week then clear up for a few days.. Next weekend should be even better than this weekend. I'm going to have to work really hard to get up mid next week for a ride again, maybe take quadster along for this next ride so she can experience what really DEEP powder is really like..

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend and I rode Renshaw on Saturday (Jan.10). First off, no pics - sorry.
Conditions could not be better. 3 - 4 feet of powder in the little honey hole we rode all day. Morning was a little flat light, then a mix of sun and cloud. Midday, we got a little bit of clear, blue skies and then more sun and cloud mix for the PM. Hills I climbed easily 2 weeks ago, required at least 5-6 runs on the same trail to get over the top. Snow over the hood all day !!!! Can't wait to get back out there next weekend.

Powder hound

Reaction score
Heading there tommorrow! Sounds like great snow up there.
Is the groomer fixed up and back in action?

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks High Velocity,

Powderhound and I will be up there most of next week, I'll try to get some pics posted on Friday when we return.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pic's from me. Yesterday it was waist to chest deep in the Blackwater and didn't get more than 500 yards from the top of the trail in as it was to deep. Even the turbo's were having to work hard. Throttle to the bars at all times. You are now walking down into the cabin at Renshaw and the other hills are reporting lots of snow as well. Bring snorkel was the motto for yesterday. Some of our group had pic's and will most likely post them.
And by the way to all smoker's, there is no smoking in the cabins. This is a law that was passed province wide and you need to respect and obey it.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic 1
Crazy wheeler testing out the climbing ability of the RMK
Pic2
This fellow found a hole in the blackwater area
Pic3
We stopped in one of the clearings to do some boondocking befor we headed into blackwater
Pic4
This was taken by the cabin In renshaw, the sleds looked like this all day.

The sledding this weekend was epic, lots of deep pow, and fantastic boondocking, I didn't get a photo of this, but at one time I counted 7 people stuck at the same time.

Attachments

• 100_0910.jpg
    100_0910.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0912.jpg
    100_0912.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0907.jpg
    100_0907.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0903.jpg
    100_0903.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 51

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh geez, my shoulders and arms are getting very sore again just looking at your pics. We also had an epic day yesterday in Renshaw, but I'm a little sore today after all the "stucks".

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few pics from Saturday's ride. Once we got into blackwater a guy was having so much fun that the camera was the last thing on my mind. Wishing that I would of at least gotten a pic of a certain someone stuck that says he NEVER gets stuck..:p..lol.

McBride Sledding Jan '09 017 (Small).jpg

McBride Sledding Jan '09 022 (Medium).jpg

McBride Sledding Jan '09 026 (Medium).jpg

Top Bottom