January 2011 - Conditions

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had to plow Renshaw parking lot last nite and there was 16 inches or better to push. I plowed Lucille last nite as well, over 16 inches there. guys off Belle just now and had 2.5 feet of fresh all day. the valleys had more as the wind dumped more in them. waiting for our group from Renshaw to get home.

I can't wait to get there!!! 12 days and counting!! :woohoo1: :d :woohoo1:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• oompa-loompa-hit-that-forizzle.jpg
    oompa-loompa-hit-that-forizzle.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 380

Xfire

Reaction score
Can't wait to come up there next friday sounds like it will be a good time with lots of snow, might be a bit cold though.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hot Rod said that the snow up Belle is phenomenal! He couldn't believe how much snow was up there so now with the trail nicely groomed should be pretty nice, it is a bit cold but hopefully will warm up by the weekend!
HAVE FUN!
Dont forget to stop by one of the local sled shops to enter the draw for one of two free season's passes, the draw will be on the 20th of January GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up lucielle yesterday for a quick test and tune on my 1000 and the snow was awesome..

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
-15 in town right now, no wind, sunny and bluebird skies.

The boys have gone up Renshaw with Canadian Avalanche Centre to do some mapping of our riding areas. They will be doing that today and tomorrow. Hopefully we will get some good maps/GPS/terrain assessments of our riding areas. They are hoping to name the riding areas and rate them similar to the way they do the runs at ski hills.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow this weekend was awsome!! Had a blast!,when you can find it, it was armpit deep, and there was a honost 1.5 to 2ft of fresh up renshaw. lucille had good snow as well, snow is still short for this time of year and climbers still have to watch for the odd rocks. Seemed to be more rocks showing in lucille than renshaw. Seen a slide near the saddle that leads into blackwater.

Attachments

• 100_1215.jpg
    100_1215.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 713
  • 100_1216.jpg
    100_1216.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 703
  • 100_1217.jpg
    100_1217.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 704
  • 100_1218.jpg
    100_1218.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 703
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 702

sduhn

Reaction score
The boys have gone up Renshaw with Canadian Avalanche Centre to do some mapping of our riding areas. They will be doing that today and tomorrow. Hopefully we will get some good maps/GPS/terrain assessments of our riding areas. They are hoping to name the riding areas and rate them similar to the way they do the runs at ski hills.

That would be nice for the people like me that don't know the area that well and get to go there even less.....and for those of us that haven't been sledding that long to be able to find places to sled that are relatively safe.:specool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-15 in town right now, no wind, sunny and bluebird skies.

Thanks to Barry and Rod for showing us around, what a great area. Matt and Carol from the CAC were pretty impressed, thanks again and see you tomorrow:d Can you warm it up a little though ?

Last edited:

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well there is lot of snow in the forecast YEAH! Also Lucille trail is being groomed this evening for Wednesday morning.

Don't forget to stop by one of local Sled Shops or Husky and enter our free draw for one of two free season's passes, the draw is on Jan 20th!

See you on the hills!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spent the last 2 days taking Carol and Mat from the cac around the renshaw to do terrain accessment. we should have maps in the near future with any luck. thanks to Curtis from Varda, Mac and Rod for the help as well.
Have not been in the back for sometime so had no first hand snow reporting. all I can say is we sure do need more snow, tinking we are behind last year by a good 2 feet, still is some great snow in alot of areas, but the snow this week will be a welcome site.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well the snow up Bell is already quite a bit nicer then up Renshaw according to the groomer, and guess what its doing today, SNOWING! There is quite a bit of snow in the forecast for the next couple of days YIPEEE!

See you on the Hills!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woke up this mornin to it snowin guys. Keep it comin.

GLen, Glen ,Glen, Glen...... How many times do I gotta tell ya, :nopics: . I think you need to maybe put a live streaming web cam outside on the shop wall so we can see what's going on out there, then I can let these posts slide without the pics.......

Forecast sure looks promising, coming out on the 21st with the crew.

Top Bottom