Is man made climate change real?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hell LEO must pay half of them world reckin/ water wastin oil execs salaries all by him self ...
As he cruises the vast oceans , warning us of the pitfalls of fossil fuels & and living with in our energy means....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all those turbo sleds and sxs's causing climate change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our fuel costs are already 40% tax......so they can take it from that.....JT??Nutley??

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but there is not likely simple straight forward answers.

So...

1. Climate change is a constant. The weather changes from year to year, decade to decade, century to century, millenium to millenium and so on. The question I think you should ask is man having an effect on our environment. If you don't think so, start your truck up inside your closed garage and lets see how it works out for you. If you don't think that mankind in general is ****ting in our own living room than I question your power to observe much of anything. Burning fossil fuels is adding a lot of crap into the air and the focus right now is on carbon dioxide which, according to a number of sources that are far more educated than I, are continually increasing. Is it directly changing the weather right now? I can't say for sure but it seems foolish to ignore the possibility.

2. Of course a CO2 tax will not reverse what has taken the last 100 years or so to get going. It is an attempt to have consumers be more aware of their use of fossil fuels and that isn't by itself a bad idea. I truly dislike the way these are being introduced and am extremely skeptical that the money will go anywhere useful but a single mom driving her kid to school in a giant V8 SUV is an incredibly stupid waste of resources. We can't expect this nonsense to go on indefinitely so people should generally stop whining about it.

3. Do you actually need scientific evidence (of which I am sure there is plenty) or would that just be something the flat earth society could disagree with without basis for the argument? There is plenty of information related to the increased CO2 levels never mind increases in mercury levels and god knows what other sorts of contaminants we dump into our environment every day. Again, you do not need to be a rocket doctor to possess some powers of observation and if you need to polish those up, do the truck/garage experiment mentioned in 1. above.

So is the climate changing? It appears to be but that is nothing new. Is mankind contributing to it? Hang out around a refinery (which have gotten much better overall) and wonder what is happening to all that stuff going into the air.

The point I am making here is that it is probably 11:00 PM and the party will end at 1:00 AM so enjoy it now and do what you can to minimize the drinks you spill while the party lasts. Tick tock and lets enjoy what we have right now cuz it definitely isn't going to last.

So all these new taxes on the way got me thinking, we have not yet seen any concrete evidence from our government that we humans are indeed responsible for climate change.

So....

1. Do you believe climate change is something man is responsible for.

2. Do you feel that a tax on CO2 emissions is gonna reverse the effects of climate change?

3. Where is the definitive scientific evidence?

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sky is falling!! Funny thing is, it is always someone else that has to change how they are living.
Nobody want to change their own lifestyle.

Sell your sled and truck and quit heating your house please.

Be the change you want to see in this world.

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT A CARBON LEVY COULD BE USED AS EARTHS THERMOSTAT TO CONTROL THE EARTHS TEMPERATURE.:mad:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the earths climate warming? Yes it is. From 2 million years ago to about 12000 years ago this ball of dirt was covered with hundreds of feet of ICE! There has basically been a constant warming since then. Has man contributed to it? Yes he has. The extent of his contribution is inconsequential. Look at the trends of global warming, the records that are being broken are seemingly all in the 100 year old range. Why are we not constantly breaking records from 5,10,15,20 years ago?
Also that bull**** lie about 97% of all scientists believe that global warming is manmade is just that, a lie. The actual % of climate scientists, the only ones that matter,that believe global warming is manmade is about 15%
Even if it were 100% manmade who the hell is going to stop China? We might as well party it up, cuz in 120 years, not a single human on earth today will be alive anyway.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully we will be in for more than 120 years but there will need to be some change. Lots of cool new technology coming down the pipe. I do get tired of the subject particularly when someone says we have no affect on the planet. That may, or may not, be true with respect to the weather but that is just one aspect of how we contaminate stuff. Humans aren't that good at looking after the planet we live on. You have to wonder how many humans it can support before we run out of food/water/air/drown due to rising sea levels/die from heat overload etc.etc.etc.

Is the earths climate warming? Yes it is. From 2 million years ago to about 12000 years ago this ball of dirt was covered with hundreds of feet of ICE! There has basically been a constant warming since then. Has man contributed to it? Yes he has. The extent of his contribution is inconsequential. Look at the trends of global warming, the records that are being broken are seemingly all in the 100 year old range. Why are we not constantly breaking records from 5,10,15,20 years ago?
Also that bull**** lie about 97% of all scientists believe that global warming is manmade is just that, a lie. The actual % of climate scientists, the only ones that matter,that believe global warming is manmade is about 15%
Even if it were 100% manmade who the hell is going to stop China? We might as well party it up, cuz in 120 years, not a single human on earth today will be alive anyway.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

hope the hell your wrong with the 120 years, and we change our ways sooner than it is looking, but yes you correct on most points I think

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from China/Korea yesterday. So our western governments want to charge us a carbon tax but this is going on in china (i took these pics). The air in some cases was nasty to breath. Everywhere I looked I saw smoke stacks producing electricity from coal. Most cities of 500,000 people or more have atleast one of these plants. The western countries are just taxing the crap out of us on this fictitious global warming concept and the 3rd world countries do what ever they want. I agree we have global warming and would be naive to think we are not contributing to it but I personally believe its more of a natural cycle. Even if we put 100% of our salary towards the carbon tax not much will change. If the whole planet doesn't ban together, it's pointless as pollution has no boarders. Korea was similar. Just another tax grab for the west. Pretty sad.

Image 1.jpg Image.jpg Image 4.jpg Image 3.jpg Image 2.jpg

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably true but as I have kids, I tend to give their future a bit of thought and consideration if mankind in general isn't specific enough.

No not probably true, I'm stating a fact. Something the pro climate change lobby seem to be unable/unwilling to deal with.
its absolutely none of my business but you can best serve your children's future by preventing our governments from robbing them of it by investing crucial tax dollars in unsustainable green energy projects, and forcing them to invest in responsible management and processing of fossil fuels.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too sure how I would get too much from your first post other than the obvious statement that we as individuals are unlikely to live to 120 years old. I don't know what you are referring to in the second post as I imagine that most, if not all, pro climate change lobby members accept they won't live to be 120.

Still, I think we may agree...sort of if I am getting your point about wasting tax dollars. I don't think a carbon tax will achieve much of anything positive in the short term or maybe ever unless it is put to good use. I do think there are better things than fossil fuels for many uses and they will be sought out and eventually found with, or without, government intervention. IMO Oil and energy companies don't need investment from the government. They just need government to quit putting up unnecessary roadblocks and accept the revenues for as long as it lasts.

No not probably true, I'm stating a fact. Something the pro climate change lobby seem to be unable/unwilling to deal with.
its absolutely none of my business but you can best serve your children's future by preventing our governments from robbing them of it by investing crucial tax dollars in unsustainable green energy projects, and forcing them to invest in responsible management and processing of fossil fuels.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but there is not likely simple straight forward answers.

So...

1. Climate change is a constant. The weather changes from year to year, decade to decade, century to century, millenium to millenium and so on. The question I think you should ask is man having an effect on our environment. If you don't think so, start your truck up inside your closed garage and lets see how it works out for you. If you don't think that mankind in general is ****ting in our own living room than I question your power to observe much of anything. Burning fossil fuels is adding a lot of crap into the air and the focus right now is on carbon dioxide which, according to a number of sources that are far more educated than I, are continually increasing. Is it directly changing the weather right now? I can't say for sure but it seems foolish to ignore the possibility.

2. Of course a CO2 tax will not reverse what has taken the last 100 years or so to get going. It is an attempt to have consumers be more aware of their use of fossil fuels and that isn't by itself a bad idea. I truly dislike the way these are being introduced and am extremely skeptical that the money will go anywhere useful but a single mom driving her kid to school in a giant V8 SUV is an incredibly stupid waste of resources. We can't expect this nonsense to go on indefinitely so people should generally stop whining about it.

3. Do you actually need scientific evidence (of which I am sure there is plenty) or would that just be something the flat earth society could disagree with without basis for the argument? There is plenty of information related to the increased CO2 levels never mind increases in mercury levels and god knows what other sorts of contaminants we dump into our environment every day. Again, you do not need to be a rocket doctor to possess some powers of observation and if you need to polish those up, do the truck/garage experiment mentioned in 1. above.

So is the climate changing? It appears to be but that is nothing new. Is mankind contributing to it? Hang out around a refinery (which have gotten much better overall) and wonder what is happening to all that stuff going into the air.

The point I am making here is that it is probably 11:00 PM and the party will end at 1:00 AM so enjoy it now and do what you can to minimize the drinks you spill while the party lasts. Tick tock and lets enjoy what we have right now cuz it definitely isn't going to last.
#4 Did you vote NDP?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Nope. Threw a vote away on Wild Rose. Just couldn't vote for the progressive conservatives who seemed to have lost direction and appeared to be a bunch of entitled butt heads. It was time for a change and we sure got that - in spades. Politically all I want is a party that is fiscally responsible (keep a handle on spending) and socially liberal to the extent that you don't hear them saying all gays will go to hell etc. Tired of people who think they should be in politics but love whipping a dead horse. Federally voted Conservative.

Top Bottom