Canada set to ban sale of fuel-powered cars & trucks by 2035

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trans Alaska Pipeline has been running at a fraction of what it used to, lots of capacity for that Willow project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Biden cancels the pipeline on his first day in office but now wants to develop oil in Alaska. With sock boy and Biden Canadian folks don't have a chance.

Dumb & Dumber or is it Dumber than Dumb......maybe just two Dumbasses.......either way I hope we can survive until they are both in the toilet.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Biden cancels the pipeline on his first day in office but now wants to develop oil in Alaska. With sock boy and Biden Canadian folks don't have a chance.
Pipeline companies are busy building 20km long storage loops interconnected with valves between existing pipeline and each storage loop. Eventually they will just operate valves and have their twinned pipelines and didn't need approval from sockboy to build it. These companies employ creative thinkers.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have there head up there butt if they think those EVs will work in our 6 months of -40-0 . they belong in warm climate with Nuclear power plants.. we dont have the infastructure to use those..our power plants are at max capacity now.. they were talking about building a Nuclear power plant between Whitecourt and Swan Hills 2 yrs ago..that got voted down. But will be needed if they are going to make us drive those POS.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have there head up there butt if they think those EVs will work in our 6 months of -40-0 . they belong in warm climate with Nuclear power plants.. we dont have the infastructure to use those..our power plants are at max capacity now.. they were talking about building a Nuclear power plant between Whitecourt and Swan Hills 2 yrs ago..that got voted down. But will be needed if they are going to make us drive those POS.
I've driven in -42 but I didn't know that it was impossible so I just did it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've driven in -42 but I didn't know that it was impossible so I just did it.

I’m curious, did you charge it in that temp? I imagine there is some sort of battery heater.

pommie_git

Reaction score
I agree with your sentiment but EVs are not POS. One you drive one for a week all the mechanical complexity of a IC vehicle start to seem very unnecessary. Tesla’s really work good, for 90% of people, particularly south of the border.

Canada should be the last place on earth to switch over to EVs, agreed. Total waste up here. Too large of a country with cold weather and no infrastructure between cities.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
disagree, a 8 yr old Tesla will need $20,000 new Battery.. my 57 chev car needed a batterys every 5 yrs..do the math..my 05 Chev has had 4 new batterys , wifes 2013 is on its second battery.. none of these 3 has ever needed a motor or anything major..

Attachments

• car  show ready.jpg
    car show ready.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 67

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m curious, did you charge it in that temp? I imagine there is some sort of battery heater.

Model 3 doesn't have a battery heater but the S and X do. So what they did is they intentionally stall the rotor to generate extra heat for the coolant loop which flows through the battery. If you're driving and need to charge at those temps it's not a big deal but don't try to go and fast charge when the battery is cold soaked.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trans Alaska Pipeline has been running at a fraction of what it used to, lots of capacity for that Willow project

Alaska P/L flow is getting low enough that they can’t keep the line running too much longer (friction from the oil in the line keeps it warm enough to flow). Either they add more oil or they will need to eventually shut in the line.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
disagree, a 8 yr old Tesla will need $20,000 new Battery.. my 57 chev car needed a batterys every 5 yrs..do the math..my 05 Chev has had 4 new batterys , wifes 2013 is on its second battery.. none of these 3 has ever needed a motor or anything major..

Looks like Cuba 🇨🇺

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Priced a "green" bus for our passenger shuttle ...18 passenger is $350-400k plus charging infrastructure ....nutz

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tesla is 1930s tech. There will be better options available by 2030

Top Bottom