Is man made climate change real?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CO2 isn't a pollutant. It is a colorless odorless gas that is needed to sustain life on earth.

There is plenty of real pollution out there that no one seems to give a **** about, but hey let's tax the air you breath out. Mean while China is going to take over the world economy and they dgaf about climate change

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something that the greenies never answer..... if there’s an excess of CO2, (which I think is BS, but I digress) wouldn’t a cheap, easy and environmentally friendly solution be to plant a whole bunch of trees?

Where would you plant them? Pretty sure all the land on earth either A. already has trees B. Can't grow trees because its desert or frozen ice C. used for agriculture D. developed into suburbs and cities for human civilization.

I'd be alright with bulldozing over China and India and replacing it with a massive forest however.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
CO2 isn't a pollutant. It is a colorless odorless gas that is needed to sustain life on earth.

There is plenty of real pollution out there that no one seems to give a **** about, but hey let's tax the air you breath out. Mean while China is going to take over the world economy and they dgaf about climate change
Brainwashing on a global scale. Made some people really rich though.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll call your BS science and raise you this:

Considering that human activity released some 30 Gt CO2 into the atmosphere last year, human emissions are likely 100 (or more) times as large as volcanic emissions. Those who make claims about the Mt. Pinatubo explosion emitting more CO2 than all of human activity for all time, should be made aware that the estimated CO2 emissions from Mt. Pinatubo are 0.05 Gt CO2, about the amount released by human activity in half a day, not our entire history. In fact, in less than 3 days we outstrip the volcanic emissions for an entire year:

https://tamino.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/volcanic-co2/

We have two groups , the arrogant attention seekers, and the self serving opportunists. The arrogant , they believe that by removing plastic bags and walking to work and imposing huge inconvenience and sacrifice on our kids and grandkids, while at the same time turning a blind eye and allowing massive projects to continue to "pollute" is a planet saving gesture. BUll$hit !!! A planet that's been here (so we're told) for billions of years, surviving who knows what kind of occurrences, but we think that the last 100 or so years of our actions are goi g to cause it irreversible harm !!!! What a bunch of grandstanding and feel good crap. Arrogance.
Then the opportunists, whether financial or political, pretty self explanatory . Seems to me as long as the grant money keeps flowing, and the foundations keep getting funded, the earth is gonna stay in peril, and the oceans are gonna drop ( they actually haven't in 300 years) and the planet temperature is gonna change ( no to that also) , but the huge business of global threat is alive and well.
I as well see a ton of realism and truth in the article DaveB posted.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were is the proof CO2 raises earths temperature? the only one they keep referring to is Al Gores graph, temp vs CO2. All that graph proves is CO2 is not the culprit, it is driven by temperature not the driver... by a 800 year lag.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i understand the world is descending into another ice age. not warming! and food to feed everyone as well as water is what will control the world.

China has taken a particular interest in the largest land mass growing area on earth. Africa. and what we are experiencing now on the political front is the struggle for who will be in control as we go forward.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have two groups , the arrogant attention seekers, and the self serving opportunists. The arrogant , they believe that by removing plastic bags and walking to work and imposing huge inconvenience and sacrifice on our kids and grandkids, while at the same time turning a blind eye and allowing massive projects to continue to "pollute" is a planet saving gesture. BUll$hit !!! A planet that's been here (so we're told) for billions of years, surviving who knows what kind of occurrences, but we think that the last 100 or so years of our actions are goi g to cause it irreversible harm !!!! What a bunch of grandstanding and feel good crap. Arrogance.
Then the opportunists, whether financial or political, pretty self explanatory . Seems to me as long as the grant money keeps flowing, and the foundations keep getting funded, the earth is gonna stay in peril, and the oceans are gonna drop ( they actually haven't in 300 years) and the planet temperature is gonna change ( no to that also) , but the huge business of global threat is alive and well.
I as well see a ton of realism and truth in the article DaveB posted.

You forgot a group.....The Ignorant Denialists

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The climate change paranoia is just a thinly concealed method of wealth redistribution. Just follow the money and see who prospers from all the idiotic green energy and carbon reduction schemes. Hysterical Progressive groups prey on the weak minded and convince them to buy into solar power systems, wind farms and other schemes that will never break even from the energy and materials used to build them. There’s two constants in the climate change/green energy arguments. The first is that the climate is always changing regardless of mankind, and the second is that all green energy schemes require massive subsidies from the taxpayers to exist.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another perspective

"ALL YOU PEOPLE OR MORONS THAT THINK THE ALBERTA OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY HAS A MOJOR EFFECT ON THE ENVIRONMENT NEED TO READ THIS.

This was written( very well I might add) by Jamey Logan.

My fellow Canadians, you are buying into a lie regarding our energy industry and the global environment. We are a mere 35 million people, just 0.5% of this planet's 7.3 billion population. Our country covers roughly 10 million square kilometers of which probably 90% is realistically uninhabitable (explaining why over 80% of our population live in urban centers within 200 kms of the U.S. border) We endure temperature extremes ranging from -40C or colder to 35C or warmer.

Out of necessity we need to heat our homes for 6+ months the year. We face major transportation challenges simply because of the geography of our country. Yet, through all this we are responsible for less than 0.5% of the pollution generated globally.
We ARE NOT the problem! If every one of us here in Canada chose to sacrifice ourselves for the betterment of mother earth and self terminated, the positive effect on the global environment would be.....drum roll please......zero! The global effect would actually be negative because we are one of the most ethical, environmentally responsible producers of energy in the world! If we were out of the picture the U.S. would be mining our oil sands before our corpses had even started giving off methane gas. They would then proceed to build the biggest pipeline imaginable, from Fort Mac to Texas.

Don't believe me? Lets look at some facts. The U.S. has no problem with pipelines, U.S. pipelines that is. They actually have over 3.2 'million' kilometers of liquid petroleum and natural gas pipelines already. There's also the 1300 kilometer, 122cm (48 inch) line running from Prudhoe Bay to the Valdez Marine Terminal (yes, big bad oil tankers). You are aware, aren't you, of the Trans Alaskan pipeline running directly through the pristine heart of that beautiful state? As of 2010 16 'BILLION' Barrels of oil had been transported through this U.S. pipeline and terminal.

The U.S. also has no problem drilling for oil in the Atlantic ocean, the Pacific ocean, the Arctic ocean or the Gulf of Mexico yet they have the audacity to condemn Canada for mining our oil sands in northern Alberta and Saskatchewan? The opposition to our Canadian energy development is a well organized attempt to keep our Canadian oil land locked so that we are forced to sell to the U.S. and to the U.S. only and then at a very discounted price. The U.S. is attempting and succeeding in preventing us from marketing our own natural resources globally to the highest bidder. U.S. foundations (HP, Tides, et al) are funding the opposition to our oil sands and contrary to popular belief it has absolutely nothing to do with threats to the environment.

If they really were that concerned about our planet why are they not protesting the real polluters, the real threats to our environment? China, the world's worst polluter (besides having a tragic human rights record)? No protests. Why isn't Suzuki over in Beijing chastising Jinping? What about the other major polluters? Russia? The U.S. themselves? India? I can understand a Canadian that is benefitting financially, who is receiving grants to oppose or protest or hamstring our own resource development.

What I can't understand is the rest of my fellow Canadians buying into their bovine excrement. In the oil sands, our very own Canadian oil sands, we have the 3rd largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, behind only Saudi Arabia and Venezuela (again, both with 'stellar' human rights track records....) EVERY person in Canada, and EVERY province and territory in Canada has benefitted tremendously, whether directly, indirectly or both from our oil sands development.
Over the next 25 years the oil sands has the potential to generate over $1.5 TRILLION in federal and provincial taxes and royalties. There is the potential for well over 500,000 direct and indirect jobs. So here's the deal my fellow Canadians. I fear our Canadian 'goose that lays the golden egg' is suffering the death by a thousand cuts. Alas, it may already be too late. Maybe it's already on life support.
If you share the view's of the Gore's, the Suzuki's, and the Obama's of the world, that our Canadian energy producers and those that work in this industry are bad and evil and a scourge on the earth, a blight on Canada's reputation in the global community then fine, stick your fork into the goose as well but please do not whine and complain 10 or 15 years down the road when the wait time for your hip replacement is 3-5 years because our health care system is underfunded and there's a severe shortage of doctors and nurses in the system.

Meanwhile the Suzukis and their ilk will be flying down to the Mayo clinic in a big bad fossil fuel burning jet for their medical needs. Don't whine and complain when your grandchild's class has a 50:1 student to teacher ratio because our education system is underfunded and the government coffers are bare. Of course the Suzuki grandchildren will be in private schools so no problem there. Don't whine and complain when your city's infrastructure is decaying and falling apart and there's no money to repair it.

Instead of whining and complaining make sure you look into the mirror and realize you believed a lie that has cost this incredible country and our future generations an amazing opportunity to prosper and succeed globally.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
David Suzuki must be very proud of you. He loves the term "Denialist" for anyone who does not agree with him. You have added the "Ignorant" part of it to make it even more meaningful. :clap2:

Exactly. When you take the position that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid.....you really cant lose!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
David Suzuki must be very proud of you. He loves the term "Denialist" for anyone who does not agree with him. You have added the "Ignorant" part of it to make it even more meaningful. :clap2:

Exactly. When you take the position that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid.....you really cant lose!

Must've touched a nerve with you 2. Lol

Top Bottom