Is it just me, or are people having a lot of problems with fords?

Fordx4ing

Reaction score
I've been happy with most of my Ford trucks and I've both owned and driven many different brands. I'm not as brand loyal as my user name may imply.

My F350 hasn't given me any major trouble with over 300k and I've had my old 78 F150 for 10 years and it's been a great truck. I don't know that I'd want to buy any new truck they all have there share of problems or drawbacks.

They're all overpriced and built the same. Built as cheap as possible by the lowest bidder. :rolleyes:

Cheers

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey boys.... 'Polarisryder,Rucky & Hillclimber" What you guys driving that is trouble free? :confused:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My issue is only the air filter that was Fords fault. When you do any modifications to a vehicle and have a problem that is related to the mods thats not the manufactures fault, thats my own. I had lift and tire issues, but have ironed those out. I have always owned GM products and I had alot of problems too. This new ford has its glitches to work out, every vehicle does on the first production year, but it is a great truck, tough exterior and drive line, great interior and very roomy. Have you ever looked around and counted the vehicles on the road, expecially commercial vehicles, how many of them are Fords??

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i have recently purchased a new ford f150. i checked into chev, gm, dodge and toyota etc... i have settled on the ford because i like the looks, it has the best payload, best towing and the shiniest rims. it wasnt the cheapest truck by far, but it wasnt the most expensive either. chev's have a nicer ride and more options, but seem to be meant for the daily commuter, the guy that only uses it for driving to his office downtown. the toyota was way overpriced. gmc is basically the same as chev but a little cheaper and possibly a little heavier duty for the same class. dodge was meant for the sporty rip around town kind of guy who doesnt need a truck but wants one. lowest towing , payload etc... more options for the price and defintely the cheapest price i could find. almost $5000 less than a comparable ford. but i have had several dodge service vans/trucks and have had the most problems with them and they have the worst mileage ever. there replacement parts are about 50% more than the same for other trucks as well. but they do have more power i would say. anyway ford seemed the logical choice due to my experience witht them as service trucks/vans. very reliable. when i worked in nunavut the truck owners wouldnt buy anything but fords. they were the only ones that would start and stay running at -45 they said. as well they were easier to fix. seen many scab repairs done. stuff you wouldnt think would work to repair vehicles but when parts are at least 1 month away you make them work.lol. but, my ford has just over 5000kms and i am having a couple minor problems. the exhaust whistles when i start it forst thing in the morning for about 30 seconds. and when it is below -20 the power steering squeals for about 15 seconds. and when i shut it off i get a pop in the speakers after the lights shut off. pretty loud too when you have it turned up. and finally, apparently the paint come off when you drive into parking poles. oh ya i almost forgot, the windshield chips when gravel trucks damn near dump a load on you at 110 k/hr. i have e-mailed ford about this. lmao.

tasco

Reaction score
I am devoted chev owner also. I do relise that we have our problems and break downs. IE - 4x4 transfercases in pre 1999 chev or GM model trucks one of my trucks went through 3 of them.

When you drive a ford you feel like you are in a tank'
Dodges are all rattle boxes

need a step ladder to get into any thing but a chev

My 2004.5 chev 2500 4x4 shortbox d-max with Van Aaken chip is the best and most reliable truck I have owned

134 000 km It has not left me stranded. I take it of roading. I pull a 30ft Travelaire. I pull loaded equipment trailers. Lots of Highway and Gravel.

It would take a lot of convincing for me to purchase anything but a chev

700WFO

Reaction score
Ford changes their lineup too often, thus the problems don't appear till you own one! Tuff luck! Chev follows closely.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i dont have a liecence yet or a vihilce...but ill probly buy the cheapst i can find for a the first lil bit...but yea

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
At least I,m not riding a Polaris.........LOL! LMAO!
catmando!

OHH...dont pick on the polaris guys man....did u here that rucky....hes making fun of our machines:nono:

catmando how many miles does ur sled have and how many rebuilds have u done or any thing

Last edited:

Beau[Tiff]le

Reaction score
Wow, i looked up 'Ford' on wyckapedia, and this is one of the things it said:

'In 2006, Ford was the second-ranked automaker in the US with a 17.5% market share'

Notice, US, haha.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys.... 'Polarisryder,Rucky & Hillclimber" What you guys driving that is trouble free? :confused:

driving chev but ca't say trouble free but i was using it for mud bogging so thats all my fault he she was dying and needed a new motor and tranny at 260,000 km

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHH...dont pick on the polaris guys man....did u here that rucky....hes making fun of our machines:nono:

catmando how many miles does ur sled have and how many rebuilds have u done or any thing

I was thinking the same thing! AND...sorry catman..this is about vehicles, not sleds:p

Top Bottom