Is it just me, or are people having a lot of problems with fords?

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with my Ford all the dang time...To many people wanting to borrow it to go get parts for thier Chevy.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had GM's and Chevy's my whole life and nothing but good luck with them. Started out with an 81 chevy, drove it for 5 or 6 years with minor repairs. Bought a 98 Z71 that was flawless, got rid of that with 160,000 with zero problems. Leased an 04 3/4 ton gas job and put 180,000 km's and only had to replace the upper ball joints and an alternator. Now i have an 07 Chevy 1/2ton classic with 66,000km and had to replace an Oxygen sensor (warrenty). Love the chev's rides a little low but what ever, just have to be more carefull off road.

All those trucks were oilfield driven as i am an environmental consultant.

Slamnek

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had GM's and Chevy's my whole life and nothing but good luck with them. Started out with an 81 chevy, drove it for 5 or 6 years with minor repairs. Bought a 98 Z71 that was flawless, got rid of that with 160,000 with zero problems. Leased an 04 3/4 ton gas job and put 180,000 km's and only had to replace the upper ball joints and an alternator. Now i have an 07 Chevy 1/2ton classic with 66,000km and had to replace an Oxygen sensor (warrenty). Love the chev's rides a little low but what ever, just have to be more carefull off road.

All those trucks were oilfield driven as i am an environmental consultant.

Slamnek

ADA boy .thats what im talkin about.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I have run all 3 big boys...... They all have their pick a part items. But I don't think any of them have the problems these guys got !!! :D And still be happy to have a truck !! :)

Attachments

• Folie 3.jpg
    Folie 3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 144

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, look at you guys chewing down Fords. You should ssshhhhhh.About that. I have a 08 FORD. No problems, the only problem I find on the road, is everbody who DOES NOT, again. DOES NOT drive a FORD.

And it's.....FIRST ON RACE DAY!!!!!!
Thanks!LOL

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hate to pile on, but my friend who is the manager for LaPrairie Crane here in Grimshaw has an '06 Ford super duty that they have spent over $50K on since purchased, last failure was the wiring harness while at the Van Halen concert in the city. $5500 to replace, truck has 230,000K on it. they shoulda got extended warranty I guess.

when it got cold up here a month ago, the resistor for my heater motor on my '06 GMC failed (second time) and I went to the dealer to get it repaired on warranty, there was a 3 week wait to get it in because of the 22, that's right, 22 Duramax pickups that were waiting ahead of me for warranty work. something to do with transmissions I was told.

Last edited:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I fell to the dark side...after swearing I would never buy another GM product, I ended up buying an 03 GMC 2500HD yesterday. Hopefully I won't need my Ford friends to come pull me home... :beerchug:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I fell to the dark side...after swearing I would never buy another GM product, I ended up buying an 03 GMC 2500HD yesterday. Hopefully I won't need my Ford friends to come pull me home... :beerchug:
oh you will fords may have some problem but there little the chevs always have expesive problems

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Don't think I can agree with that comment. My repair cost on my 2001 Chev Duramax have been reasonable but the other guys I know with Fords are all crying the blues due to the amount and cost of their repairs.
Love my Duramax.
oh you will fords may have some problem but there little the chevs always have expesive problems

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't think I can agree with that comment. My repair cost on my 2110 Chev Duramax have been reasonable but the other guys I know with Fords are all crying the blues due to the amount and cost of their repairs.
Love my Duramax.

you have a 2110 duramax? WOW Bugs! Where did you get the futuristic truck?

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have a 2110 duramax? WOW Bugs! Where did you get the futuristic truck?

I was wondering the same thing...did you pull it home with the Delorian??? I don't see a hitch on it???

:beerchug: :shots:

Attachments

• back-to-future-car1.jpg
    back-to-future-car1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom