Insurance.....to claim or not to claim???

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a non turbo-2006 Apex Mountain with some small changes. I managed to bend the tunnel in a couple places and now my track is rubbing a little. I have collision and am contemplating putting through a claim. I am told that I will have to pay a $500 deductible and that my insurance would go up $300 per year for the next 3 years....so if you do the math that's $1400

Should I do the claim or not?

If so, what tunnel should I get?

If not, why the hell do I have collision??? :)

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't waste your time with the insurance company. It's a lot easier and less painful to just buy an aftermarket tunnel. CR Racing makes some really nice tunnels

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is getting to be that insurance is only for the biggies....total losses. I had window damage in my house and the same scenario (insurance premiums go up for 3 years and you also lose the "no claims" deduction). Not worth going through insurance IMHO.

Tough decision, eh!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try not to claim anything on insurance unless it is a big claim. They will make you pay big time over the long haul. I never pay for collision on my sleds for this reason. Easier to fix it your self and save on the premiums. My 2 cents

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try not to claim anything on insurance unless it is a big claim. They will make you pay big time over the long haul. I never pay for collision on my sleds for this reason. Easier to fix it your self and save on the premiums. My 2 cents

of course he says that now but when his brand new sled falls off the back of his truck at 60 mph he changes his tune i bet lol
but got to agree with the guys save the insurance for a biggy.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insurance agencies are no different than Lawyers...they both get payed WAY too much for what they work for! JMO

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a non turbo-2006 Apex Mountain with some small changes. I managed to bend the tunnel in a couple places and now my track is rubbing a little. I have collision and am contemplating putting through a claim. I am told that I will have to pay a $500 deductible and that my insurance would go up $300 per year for the next 3 years....so if you do the math that's $1400

Should I do the claim or not?

If so, what tunnel should I get?

If not, why the hell do I have collision??? :)

I don't think you have a choice in what tunnel you get if you do a claim. It would more than likely be a factory tunnel and it would be around $3000 to replace the tunnel through a shop.

Collision is good for when you tag a rock and damage the bulkhead. My brother just got his cat back after peeling his bulkhead open and cracking his diamond drive (after being in the shop for 2 and a half months) and the bill came to $6300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just switch out the tunnel myself.Insurance will get their money back out of you if you claim it!I had a 98 700 rmk that got wrote off and I claimed it!The insurance company raised the insurance on my camaro for 5 years because of it!I freaked on my broker and she said that's what they do to get their money back.My sled insurance never went up but they hid what they did by raising my car because it was classed as leisure!Cheaper to do it yourself.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tweaked my tunnel shortly after buying my sled in 09, Polaris wouldn't do warranty (95miles on sled), it was a month old. I put in a claim and it cost me the $100 deductible, and no further expense's, because it was a "seasonal" vehicle, that surprised the hell out of me. the end bill was $8200. and my premiums have never gone up since. Probably the only time i have ever been happy about an insurance company.

id look into putting claim in

(my truck insurance has since gone down also)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insurance companies never loose. The only time they won't get you back is if it's stolen. Otherwise, one way or another they will recoup the money.

Reason why I don't run collision on anything, sleds or vehicles. Save the money up, and pretty much guaranteed even if you write off something you'll end up ahead, unless you write off things every few years, but then you'll never afford collision in the first place.

But if your paying for it, might as well use it.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apex stock tunnel is $4,000 for parts and $1200 for labor.....I think this IS the biggy.

Top Bottom