Insurance for sleds

mel.h

Reaction score
Who are they might I ask........... actually there is a insurance guy on here....get in touch with a mod on here they should be able to direct you to the right spot................also I think it would be valuable if people would post the rate and company for the insurance coverage they get as so people don't be paying way too much.....this has been an insurance moving year for me as policies come due were moving on just because were being raped for being loyal and good customers with no claims history ( 15 plus years not one thing ever)..............so we have been shopping around.....found TD insurance to be a good fit for us.......

Went with T.D., saved myself exactly half of the price for exactly the same coverage. Very good to deal with, gave a lot of good advice. Talked to Karen, knows about sleds herself, grew up around them. Thanks very much fat tire.:beer:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I insured my sled for all perils through Capri in BC. It was 600/year. Sled is covered on a trailer/deck and if it makes itself one with a tree, they offer up to 2000$ to heli it out after the fact. Also covers theft, fire, water, etc.

Not a bad deal.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oasis has excellent rates if you are an ABCSC member and you do not have to be from BC

Its 75 to join abc if you are not affiliated with a club in bc, but much cheaper if you join a local club in BC such as VARDA. Our membership includes a membership in ABCSC and is 25.00

Oasis doesnt insure in Alberta as of yet but they should be in within a year or 2.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about insurance for Sleds and ATV's owned by a company? Does anyone have any experience with that. Right now Nordic Insurance is telling me that I can only have one unit insured for commercial use.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rogers insurance in calgary by far the best rates around and awsome service,i saved $3200 bucks by moving all my stuff there, totaly amazing i couldnt believe it!!!:beer:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about insurance for Sleds and ATV's owned by a company? Does anyone have any experience with that. Right now Nordic Insurance is telling me that I can only have one unit insured for commercial use.

Can't stand Nordic. They are a bunch of money hungry opportunists charging too much money for shitzy azz service. :nono: Don't even get me started on the crap we have been dealt from them over the years, after being told by our broker that no one else will insure OHV's, motorbikes, or lifted trucks. What a crock of crap!! :rant: :rant:

We now insure with Co-operators and pay less than $200/unit for all perils etc., and $250 deductible.

mel.h

Reaction score
Can't stand Nordic. They are a bunch of money hungry opportunists charging too much money for shitzy azz service. :nono: Don't even get me started on the crap we have been dealt from them over the years, after being told by our broker that no one else will insure OHV's, motorbikes, or lifted trucks. What a crock of crap!! :rant: :rant:

We now insure with Co-operators and pay less than $200/unit for all perils etc., and $250 deductible.

Agree with you sledmamma, nordic is a horrible company,jmo

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

same co operators here as well, decent price and service

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody with bc insurance companies? i'd be interested in seeing their rates

I'm with Capri Insurance in Kelowna. For $4500 all perils coverage on my 2004 800 Rev I pay about $330. For my wife's 2007 600 Rev for $5000, the same all perils coverage I pay about $350. That's with the snowmobile club membership discount and vehicle immobilizer discount. Includes the "Trail Star" benefits.:beer:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with Capri Insurance in Kelowna. For $4500 all perils coverage on my 2004 800 Rev I pay about $330. For my wife's 2007 600 Rev for $5000, the same all perils coverage I pay about $350. That's with the snowmobile club membership discount and vehicle immobilizer discount. Includes the "Trail Star" benefits.:beer:

Sounds about right. Mine is insured for 11000, through Capri and I paid 600$ or so, with the same features.

mountaincatab

Reaction score
found TD insurance to be a good fit for us.......[/QUOTE]

Until you have to make a claim!!! I would never use TD again

Stumpy

Reaction score
Hi my name is Brad I'm A Insurance Broker

Here is some quick answers

1) need collision coverage on sleds if want coverage for any collision on trailer or on the snow
2) comprehensive is insured perils like fire and theft , vandilism , windstorm etc
3)PLPD is liabilty cover which is usually paired with AB (Accident benefits ) most brokers will add sef 44 which is family protection endorsement to complete plpd only

HERE IS SOME OTHER NEWS

it is very important to disclose to any insurance company if sled ,quads or any recreational vehicle is modified altered or excessive accessories ie )tires chips turbo's etc due to values not being recovered in claims .

This is due to the fact some companies will decline any coverge at all in some claims as non-disclosed to them values and mods

Also Insurance is Risk Management Think about this if rec toys are under your Auto policy is your buddy or underage kids and or friends covered ,most likely not if so they may never cover these items again and most likely loose discount on your AUTO policies .

The best answer is be honest and get the right coverage ,take it from me I lost a leg on a sled ,and have had a few stolen , before i was a owner and an insurance broker and my claims were paid out .

I personally keep all my rec toys off my auto policy on a seperate policy and my friends and underage kids will be covered without any problems ,but the catch is i pay a little more for that security.

Thanks for listening

P.S DARSON INSURANCE IS A SUPPORTING VENDOR ON THIS SITE PLEASE CALL ME IF ANY QUESTIONS AS I DO EVERYTHING

HOME AUTO RECREATIONAL BUSINESS COMMERCIAL TRAVEL INSURANCE

780-452-7272

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Brad I'm A Insurance Broker

Here is some quick answers

1) need collision coverage on sleds if want coverage for any collision on trailer or on the snow
2) comprehensive is insured perils like fire and theft , vandilism , windstorm etc
3)PLPD is liabilty cover which is usually paired with AB (Accident benefits ) most brokers will add sef 44 which is family protection endorsement to complete plpd only

HERE IS SOME OTHER NEWS

it is very important to disclose to any insurance company if sled ,quads or any recreational vehicle is modified altered or excessive accessories ie )tires chips turbo's etc due to values not being recovered in claims .

This is due to the fact some companies will decline any coverge at all in some claims as non-disclosed to them values and mods

Also Insurance is Risk Management Think about this if rec toys are under your Auto policy is your buddy or underage kids and or friends covered ,most likely not if so they may never cover these items again and most likely loose discount on your AUTO policies .

The best answer is be honest and get the right coverage ,take it from me I lost a leg on a sled ,and have had a few stolen , before i was a owner and an insurance broker and my claims were paid out .

I personally keep all my rec toys off my auto policy on a seperate policy and my friends and underage kids will be covered without any problems ,but the catch is i pay a little more for that security.

Thanks for listening

P.S DARSON INSURANCE IS A SUPPORTING VENDOR ON THIS SITE PLEASE CALL ME IF ANY QUESTIONS AS I DO EVERYTHING

HOME AUTO RECREATIONAL BUSINESS COMMERCIAL TRAVEL INSURANCE

780-452-7272

Repped that for representing sledders! thanks for some quality info.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found TD insurance to be a good fit for us.......

Until you have to make a claim!!! I would never use TD again[/QUOTE]

Yep, heard the same thing here...but from the Assistant bank manager from TD. Can't even take care of their own....:rant:

Top Bottom