Insurance for sleds

mel.h

Reaction score
Anybody know of a good place for insurance for snowmobiles & trailers. The company i am with now is getting ridiculous & i have never ever had a claim.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a good place for insurance for snowmobiles & trailers. The company i am with now is getting ridiculous & i have never ever had a claim.
Who are they might I ask........... actually there is a insurance guy on here....get in touch with a mod on here they should be able to direct you to the right spot................also I think it would be valuable if people would post the rate and company for the insurance coverage they get as so people don't be paying way too much.....this has been an insurance moving year for me as policies come due were moving on just because were being raped for being loyal and good customers with no claims history ( 15 plus years not one thing ever)..............so we have been shopping around.....found TD insurance to be a good fit for us.......

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to be with Trius. Price was a little high but i wasnt happy with the service. Now im with the Royal bank. Saved a ton and the service is great, However, I wont re-insure my toys with them this year as pricing on toys is outrageously high.Very low on house and auto. Anyone have experience with drayden insurance?

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea iam with Drayden in Spruce Grove I never really had a problem with them
all my stuff is threw them they are only a broker.I get group rates for the sleds
because iam with A.S.A there a bit of saving going that route

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to be with Trius. Price was a little high but i wasnt happy with the service. Now im with the Royal bank. Saved a ton and the service is great, However, I wont re-insure my toys with them this year as pricing on toys is outrageously high.Very low on house and auto. Anyone have experience with drayden insurance?

I have been with Drayton ins. for over 5 years with the sleds and 17 years for auto, NO problems at all. Mind you, Drayton is just a broker, my actual insurance is through Economical. :d

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all my stuff is threw them they are only a broker.I get group rates for the sleds

I tried to get insurance through Drayden as I'm an ASA member. Never returned my calls. Maybe because I'm not from Edmonton?

Our sleds are with with ING with our vehicles but I don't think they insure modded sleds so I'm going to have to go shopping this fall.

Is there a Calgary that does sleds?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to get insurance through Drayden as I'm an ASA member. Never returned my calls. Maybe because I'm not from Edmonton?

Our sleds are with with ING with our vehicles but I don't think they insure modded sleds so I'm going to have to go shopping this fall.

I tried to deal with them as well. Same thing, never returned my phone calls. Wasn't sure if it was because I run a turbo or if that was how they do business. I can't imagine what kind of hoops one would have to jump through if you do have a claim...:rolleyes:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do drayden.........really bad service after the fact......( we did a small reno to our house and after it was finished I contacted the insurance to find out if we needed any upgrades to the policy.....after we filled out the forms and heard nothing for the next six months....we recieved a bill fr almost triple the inital policy amount........when we contacted drayden they said nope our records show your paid in full.....so disregard the notice......... a few weeks later we get a cancellation notice for non payment.....I again called drayden and they said nope all good here not sure what your talking about.....after some discussion and persistance on my part they said they would look into it and get back to us.....so about 2 weeks later they call and said yeah you need to pay this ASAP or you will be cancelled......Long story short we had lass than a month remaining onthe year term of our policy...and I told them if there isn't any good comunication between the insurance company and the broker DRAYDEN then you can both kiss my ass and we'll take our business elsewhere thank you very much) we are moving all our stuff away from them as it becomes due........we always pay in full at time of inception and have had no claims history for 15 plus years.......... drayden lost 3 trucks 1 RV 1 House 2 Quads 2Sleds and 1 boat.......... and my suggestion is for everyone to do the same.......there are better places out there.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

call stan at full circle insurance in edmonton. He insures all my toys and has the best rates for mod sleds. I told him I had a turbo and he said no problem.

I just fax him my paperwork and he looks after everything.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call stan at full circle insurance in edmonton. He insures all my toys and has the best rates for mod sleds. I told him I had a turbo and he said no problem.

I just fax him my paperwork and he looks after everything.

Does your insurance cover your sled if its on the deck of the truck and you get into an accident? I heard some guys insurance is covered, some not...mine is not. I think my insurance quoted my something like $2000/yr full coverage including collision. I declined the collision.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody with bc insurance companies? i'd be interested in seeing their rates

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does your insurance cover your sled if its on the deck of the truck and you get into an accident? I heard some guys insurance is covered, some not...mine is not. I think my insurance quoted my something like $2000/yr full coverage including collision. I declined the collision.

I asked this same questions of our current broker...no answer yet. He told me they only insure 6 sleds total....he really didn't know much.

Also, if my trailer (sled or RV) disconnects from my truck and hits a vehicle am I covered for liability? He had no idea.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AMA i pay just short of 400 and i can hit a tree, miss the trailer and crash, or have a run away sled, and im covered. Very happy with them. Memebership fee is 80 bucks i think but i have a nasty habbit of locking my key in the truck. It gives me peice of mind if the otherhalf has the kids. I just call them up fax them the bill of sale and its done. I dont run a mod so im not sure about that side of it.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im with Drayden and for 3 cars a truck a motorhome 1 sled and my home I pay $300/month.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody with bc insurance companies? i'd be interested in seeing their rates

for a million liability only and if you are an ABC member it is 94 for the year. I think you have to be a BC resident. for full coverage it is under 400. the company is Oasis.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for a million liability only and if you are an ABC member it is 94 for the year. I think you have to be a BC resident. for full coverage it is under 400. the company is Oasis.

Oasis has excellent rates if you are an ABCSC member and you do not have to be from BC

Its 75 to join abc if you are not affiliated with a club in bc, but much cheaper if you join a local club in BC such as VARDA. Our membership includes a membership in ABCSC and is 25.00

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oasis has excellent rates if you are an ABCSC member and you do not have to be from BC

Its 75 to join abc if you are not affiliated with a club in bc, but much cheaper if you join a local club in BC such as VARDA. Our membership includes a membership in ABCSC and is 25.00

How much is a varda membership?

mel.h

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied, will give some of these a try, thanks. BUT DEFINATELY NOT DRAYDEN!!!! Thanks anyway.

Top Bottom