Injured by panel on 2012 pro -- Caution Graphic Photo's

Peteski

Reaction score
Hi, my name's Pete. I ride a 2012 Pro RMK. Love the machine! BUT!! We have a problem Houston. The panels are deadly sharp on the aft edge facing your knee and could seriously cut you open. This happened to me. Believe me I enjoy jumping cornises like everyone, but this happened on a 4' drop. My buddy did the exact same drop right ahead of me and he was fine. Not me. My knee slid off my knee pad and straight into the plastic panel which had opened up 1 inch and it sliced through my riding pants, my nike knee protector and my underarmor straight thru to the bone severing my miniscus in my knee joint. OW! Tearful ride ride 25 km. The doctors at the hospital said that I was very fortunate that the main artery had not been severed. So if you have this sled, please dull the sharp aft edge of the panel so that this doesn't happen to you. If you have heard that this has happened to anyone else, please let me know. I have already contacted my Polaris dealer so that they could inform Polaris of this problem. Knee - cropped.jpg Snowmobile right panel small.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Injured by panel on 2012 pro

wow....that's nasty. hope you have a speedy recovery man

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Injured by panel on 2012 pro

Shitty deal Pete, thanks for the post. Hope it heals up properly.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's nasty, tough area with the flexing of the knee joint.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wear hard capped knee pads, just in case. Have saved me big time. Looks painful, heal up man.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry about your injury

I have an extra set of new Skinz knee pads for the Pro if someone is interested? $60 OBO takes away.
In Calgary.

SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR

bbecker17

Reaction score

wow thats a nasty one, i've cut my knee real good on the running boards before but not that bad yeesh, hope ya can get back on the snow soon

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alpinestars makes awesome
shin pad/knee pad for motocross
I wear them for sledding .. Cause you never know

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch. that's gonna leave a scar. Good of you to post this to warn your fellow sledders. Here's wishing you a speedy recovry

TwoSmoke

Reaction score
Wear knee braces, problem solved. This happens on every sled not just the pro.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch, hope that starts feeling better for you. I wear Fox Titan Pro knee/shin guards they work great and were $40

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nasty gash and probably wrecked your riding for a long period. Hope all turns out well for you.

Knee pads, or as I wear shin/Knee pads. and are a must. Keeps young knees from getting old fast!! Wear a small set of knee pads, get used to them and you won't regret it. For several reason as we all can see on this thread.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks like it hurt real bad!!!!!!! Hope you heal up in a hurry and hope that no one else gets this injury.:chainsaw:

TwoSmoke

Reaction score
Just looked at my XM. Not happening there. Now the running boards? Yes they are gnarly.
If you take a hard enough hit your knee will smash the oil tank area. I have personally seen an exploded knee cap from hitting the chain case.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you take a hard enough hit your knee will smash the oil tank area. I have personally seen an exploded knee cap from hitting the chain case.

That is going to take a pretty severe hit. I think we are talking about panels though.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for posting this thread as a warning to others! I was able to find some nice black automotive door trim to help reduce the chance of an accident. Hope you recover soon.

Top Bottom