Ignorance or Laziness ???

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always tarp on the highway. Between the hotel and the hill I don't bother. A good tarp and a few strategically placed bungee cords and there should be no flap, no rub and no water penatrating. I average somewhere between 12-15000km per season on my truck traveling between Fort Mac and Revy with sled on the deck and never had much for issues. My dealer did replace all the bushings on my 2012 summit's rear suspension after the first season due to wear that they suspected was caused by road grime from sled being on the deck. I currently use a Skinz tarp because I like that it covers the entire tunnel and ski's but I don't think its the greatest tarp. I have had to repair it half a dozen times and it can be a real bitch to stretch over the 163 when its cold out. One thing Ive learned over the years is that all brands of tarps suck and if I can get 2-3 seasons out of one Im doing pretty good.

I run the same cover. Where are you getting holes in it? The only place I had issues was the handlebars and solved that by putting golf driver head covers on each end.

IMO, the Skinz cover is the best one out there and I've had quite a few.

Top Bottom