Idling diesel's, why do you doit?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys do realize that there's more leaf smoking fawk tards in Alberta than b.c right, just saying

I know more people in Alberta that love bud, than in b.c

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with lilduke on this one. I suppose if I lived in British Columbia and consumed vast quantities of BC bud it probably wouldn't matter if my vehicle was too cold or too hot.

You'd just hitch hike, You don't need a diesel truck, just need card board and a marker.

depositphotos_12841939-Hippie-Group-Hitchhiking-on-a-Countryside-Road.jpg

Cummins610

Reaction score
My truck is typically my office, gets started at 6am and shutoff at 6-7pm, year round, I'm in and out of it all day, it's going to be warm or cold inside when I want it to. Drives me insane to see people cold start vehicle and throttle out of somewhere. I never "idle" my truck, always at 1150-1200rpm, no cylinder wash down occurring here. I suppose if I had a desk job or worked in a climate controlled environment I would not idle my truck, but then if I had that type of job I wouldn't have a diesel to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U know Larry as a auto tech, Lund has a big and valid point, no need to idle forever and ever like lots do..

Kind of childish to call him a leaf licker

When u are the main man team Crackadoo, and are not any better urself

ya right, there is more pollution coming off one logging slash pile burning than a 100 diesel trucks. sounds like your In leaf lickin fantasy land too lol.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idling diesel's, what's the deal, why do you leave your diesel idle and idle and idle.
I have seen guy's letting there diesel truck idle while filling up with fuel, going into shopping mall's and because i'm a sledder i have seen many idle their diesel for half an hour to an hour while loading their sled's and a BS session with their buddies in the parking lot.
Other then being just another polluting pig, what lame reason you leave your diesel idle.

Here are some fact's and myth's on idling diesel's.
-There is more engine damage done while idling then on startup, fact, an idling diesel in time will carbon up so bad that engine operating system's like the EGR's, turbo's and exhaust back pressure sensor's will start failing or act up, just to name a couple.
-Oil dilution from prolong idling. Letting your diesel idle for a long period of time will quickly contaminate and dilute your motor oil as the combustion chamber can never achieve proper operating temperature, combustion chamber sealing in a diesel is imperative (rings) but cannot be achieved at idle.
-A myth, diesel engine's need prolong warm up's before you can drive them. The big THREE all say that their diesel truck's require NO more then 2-3min. of warm up time during a cold start before being driven. A fact, the most efficient diesel engine is one at operating temperature, the quickest way to get a diesel to operating temperature is to "drive it" not "idle it".
- I see trucker's and equipment idling all the time, it must be good or ok cause they doit.
The effect on commercial engine's are the same as your truck engine and the cost in most all cases are very high but the difference is that these are working machines, either as a highway tractor where the driver not only drive's but sleep's and uses it as his office or a dozer operator that uses a dozer as his tool to push dirt for 8-12hrs. These are on a payroll and keeping thing's continually rolling is money in the making and the cost of operation.

These are just a few issues with diesel idling, it appears people that owned gas truck's don't have this idling bug. Get it out of your system cause other then polluting our atmosphere worst then what it is, your not doing your truck motor any favor's.....or your wallet.
Maybe you doit because you think it's cool "look at me i drive a diesel", or your just a polluting pig.

BTW, yes i drive a diesel but not an idling one. There are no good valid reason on letting a diesel engine idle with no one in it, but just to let it idle.
Good post hero.....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see BC is like the old brute and the sled... If it's yours it's the best...lol
If you had moved to Saskatchewan , that would be the best too ...

To say there is more dope smoked in Alberta than BC is simply ludicrous .... No matter how many dope smokers you knew in any province....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck is typically my office, gets started at 6am and shutoff at 6-7pm, year round, I'm in and out of it all day, it's going to be warm or cold inside when I want it to. Drives me insane to see people cold start vehicle and throttle out of somewhere. I never "idle" my truck, always at 1150-1200rpm, no cylinder wash down occurring here. I suppose if I had a desk job or worked in a climate controlled environment I would not idle my truck, but then if I had that type of job I wouldn't have a diesel to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sir must be from Alberta and work the patch then

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, some douchebag faggot in a black Superduty with blue plates cut me off yesterday, jumped on the binders, and hung a left without signaling....maybe I should start a thread and whine like a 3 year old about it.

No, you should go out and hug a tree then lick a leaf or wipe your ass with an owl.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys do realize that there's more leaf smoking fawk tards in Alberta than b.c right, just saying

I know more people in Alberta that love bud, than in b.c

Patience .....young man....
How long did you live in Alberta , how long have you been in BC ? That might have something to do with it ....lol

We get that you moved to BC, however that has not suddenly made BC better and Alberta suck all of a sudden, coincidently about the time you moved....

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see BC is like the old brute and the sled... If it's yours it's the best...lol
If you had moved to Saskatchewan , that would be the best too ...

To say there is more dope smoked in Alberta than BC is simply ludicrous .... No matter how many dope smokers you knew in any province....

BC is the Meth/Crack lab capital of Canada, can only imagine the leaf lickin going on.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then i proceeded to call her every nasty name on the planet hahahha , then she said she was callen the cops . I laughed

Top Bottom