I love Alberta-Updated

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow,Dennis,you just posted your name address and phone number on the internet for all the world to see...

Like anyone can find in nearly any phone book...... oh my gawd...... lol.

Something still isn't adding up here however. I mean the dealer should not be selling you a damaged bike and then penalizing you during some OOP it would not require in the first place being new. Why would you have even signed any paperwork to buy this POS? It obviously is not new needing an OOP inspection..... and not coming with a NVIS form now is it. I mean you bought the thing at Argyll..... doesn't it seem odd you bought a "new" bike that requires an inspection..... fails under something they should have covered under warranty and never sold it you in that condition in the first place.

Where is the PDI inspection report done when the bike was brought in? Where is you actual NVIS form as that is not it? And if unco-operative why are you on here complaining to us with minimal information ( previously) and not taking legal action?

These are the questions you should be answering.......

And the others are correct as that is not an Alberta NVIS form.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shame on Argyll for selling this guy a bike and then charging him to fix it and charging for a OOP . Fawk I would have come so unglued they would be begging to give me my money back.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone else has said it enough, but we can't be getting the full story here.

How long did you have the bike before you tried to register it? Or bring the problems to the dealer's attention?

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone else has said it enough, but we can't be getting the full story here.

How long did you have the bike before you tried to register it? Or bring the problems to the dealer's attention?

If you read the paperwork above you can see the dates. It was delivered according to the warranty card June 15, 2012 and then the OOP was conducted between the 18th and 19th of July, so just over a month.

That's the bike........

It's under warranty if it's new. It does not require an inspection as a new vehicle....... Something is really wrong here and why the Op can't post what is going on is beyond me. It's like he doesn't even read anything we say....

And hey if you are honestly this dumb when purchasing something to let this happen, you deserve to be screwed.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of new non current models out there being sold so that shouldnt matter. I am tempted to call argyll and inquire. I want to head over there and check out the ducati's so maybe kill two birds with one stone.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez, nice info for someone to steal your identity with....just saying. Name, address, phone number.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez, nice info for someone to steal your identity with....just saying. Name, address, phone number.

Really? Ever heard of a phone book? A lot of them include name, address and phone number....... Or if you want to pay for most any online phone number service you once again get that basic information. Pretty hard to steal someones identity without credit card info, social insurance number, drivers license number or anything else. Or Facebook, Twitter, etc....... Lol.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? Ever heard of a phone book? A lot of them include name, address and phone number....... Or if you want to pay for most any online phone number service you once again get that basic information. Pretty hard to steal someones identity without credit card info, social insurance number, drivers license number or anything else. Or Facebook, Twitter, etc....... Lol.

The more info they have, the more they can get. Even the simplest things like getting access to you S&M password can be enough to get them started. We're all at risk, just some of us less than others.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more info they have, the more they can get. Even the simplest things like getting access to you S&M password can be enough to get them started. We're all at risk, just some of us less than others.

Yea, for instance, I know Dean's using a Galaxy SII right now. Every little bit helps! :p

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah..... and you can worry and live under a tin foil hat too. Like I have said, basic information like what he has posted is already online...... and available in an Edmonton city phone book any greaseball has access to.

If you fear it that bad they can track your IP address and get your location anyway. And then monitor keystrokes to get passwords to online based accounts.

Your name, phone number and home address..... are pretty bloody useless. The whole hacking thing would not be dependent on it. Unless you are scared of some internet tough guy coming over to vandalize your house or something...... cause that's about as "tough" of an act any e-thug would commit.

Last edited:

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
This is definitely an Alberta problem. If it is not a big hog or lifted pickup no Alberten would be caught dead in or on it so the dmv has never seen a tw before! It is too bad that this has gone so bad for you. The brake on that tw is mild steel you could have bent it back to like new with a couple of Cresent wrenchs before the inspection and all would be good. Things are allways clearer in the harsh light of hindsight. good luck

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
More of an update.
I have no credit information online (no credit cards, for example), so posting my name and address is not a problem. I have nothing to hide, and my social insurance number is still confidential.
Now, back to the motorcycle. It was sold as new (this may have been cut off on the scanned documents), and a NIVIS (new vehicle information sheet) was provided. Since I had a B.C. driver's license at the time, and moving to Alberta, I was not able to do anything for a month. I was forced to do an out of province. On a new vehicle, it should have passed with no problems. It failed. Just a brake lever, but it still failed.
Forward a month. The motorcycle also did not run, and they had to replace the CDI unit. That was on back-order, and it took a month to come in. On August 15, I finally get the motorcycle licensed. I take it out once, over Labour Day. A week later, the motorcycle would not start again, and I took it back to Argyll. I was informed that it had a 90 day warranty, and it was 91 days since I purchased it (though less than 90 days from pickup). Argyll has not been able to get the motorcycle running, and based on what I have researched, it would be about $1400 in parts, and the same in labour to get it running. Obviously, $2800 is too much to spend to repair what was supposedly a new motorcycle-and I refuse to pay it.
More research. I have found out that there is a 1 year warranty on this motorcycle. Maybe Argyll is trying to protect their bottom line, but this is not the right way to do it.
Obviously, I will not go back there for anything-and I have 7 other Yamaha motorcycles that I own and work on.
Dennis Caswell
Edmonton, Alberta
Telephone (250) 794-xxxx

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I never did get the PDI inspection form. It was sold as NEW, so I did not inspect it, as I would expect a NEW motorcycle would be NEW, and fully meeting Transport Canada safety requirements.
Unfortunately, I did have to go through the OOP routine. (Why I had to is a long story-to put it simply, I had a B.C. driver's license when I purchased the motorcycle-so it was considered OOP). I expected a NEW motorcycle to pass with no issues, so I was rather annoyed when it failed.
BTW, a NVIS is not an Alberta document, but a federal one. What I posted online is the one I got from Argyll.
I am considering legal action. Any suggestions on who I should contact?

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I am VERY angry with Argyll, but I don't let it show when I am there. I will be insisting that they replace the motorcycle (it is not running now, and they cannot fix it), and I will be adding a document making SURE that this does not happen again.
Actually, the publicity is enough. Alberta Cycle (their competition) is milking this over for all that it is worth-and I will be going there for all of my parts. (I have 7 other Yamaha motorcycles).

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'd tell argyle to keep thier POS and go re-purchase from alberta cycle.

I am VERY angry with Argyll, but I don't let it show when I am there. I will be insisting that they replace the motorcycle (it is not running now, and they cannot fix it), and I will be adding a document making SURE that this does not happen again.
Actually, the publicity is enough. Alberta Cycle (their competition) is milking this over for all that it is worth-and I will be going there for all of my parts. (I have 7 other Yamaha motorcycles).

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could contact CAMVAP (google them) to see if they do cover motorcycles. The best resolution they could likely come to is for the dealer to purchase the bike back from you as a resolution. But it could likely take weeks if not months.

Next contact the BBB and see what suggestions they have for you.

Idealy from what I gather, had you simply transfered your drivers licence over to an AB license none of this would have been an issue?

Regardless if the unit is new, it has a PDI. The dealer probably even charged you for it and you should have a copy. If not request it in writing. Provide a copy of the request to a lawyer. Second, they are required to provide a NVIS. Again, request it in writing.

At the end of the day there are some items that the buyer has to be responsible for educating themselves on. Does that make it right? No

Good luck.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest calling Yamaha Canada and complaining about this. Maybe they can help with running issue. Also suggest having Alberta cycle run the vin as a certain dealer likes to register units a year old with no purchaser so they can reap the rebates.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
You could contact CAMVAP (google them) to see if they do cover motorcycles. The best resolution they could likely come to is for the dealer to purchase the bike back from you as a resolution. But it could likely take weeks if not months.

Next contact the BBB and see what suggestions they have for you.

Idealy from what I gather, had you simply transfered your drivers licence over to an AB license none of this would have been an issue?

Regardless if the unit is new, it has a PDI. The dealer probably even charged you for it and you should have a copy. If not request it in writing. Provide a copy of the request to a lawyer. Second, they are required to provide a NVIS. Again, request it in writing.

At the end of the day there are some items that the buyer has to be responsible for educating themselves on. Does that make it right? No

Good luck.
Here is a bit of an update regarding this fiasco.
The motorcycle is currently registered in Alberta. I have had it in to Argyll FOUR times due to the motorcycle not running. Each time, the CDI unit had to be replaced. This motorcycle has not even reached the mileage for the first service at 750 km. This is not a motorcycle that I would be afraid to ride any distance due to electrical failure.
So, I went to Argyll to have this motorcycle replaced. They were willing to give $1,000 for this motorcycle-book value is close to $4,000. Of course, I do not plan to accept this offer.
I think that Argyll should replace this motorcycle, as I feel that they sold me a defective unit.
I am spreading the word about this.

Top Bottom