I love Alberta-Updated

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
This is an update to my previous posting-and I will be naming names this time.
I purchased a "new" motorcycle from Argyll Motorsports in Edmonton. I go to get the motorcycle registered, and the registry office voided the NIVIS, and forced me to do an out of province inspection-strike one against the registry.
I then take the motorcycle to be inspected at Argyll-the motorcycle failed the inspection, and I had to pay for repairs (on a brand new motorcycle)-strike one against Argyll.
I then take the motorcycle home, and it does not run. Back to Argyll, to find out that the CDI unit had failed. I had to pay for repairs again (but not for the CDI unit, fortunately). Strike two.
I have put on 20 km on the motorcycle, and it stops running. The motorcycle is back at Argyll, and it is now out of warranty (90 day warranty, and it was 91 days since I purchased it). Any repairs are to my account-but if the CDI unit has failed again, I will insist that Argyll take the motorcycle back. As far as I am concerned, this is strike three.
If the motorcycle had not quit running, I would have left this alone. However, I really do not expect a "new" motorcycle to quit running after 20 km of riding.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are in the wrong. Plain and simple. If you dont give the details, you are wrong. Sorry but that is the way it is.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is an update to my previous posting-and I will be naming names this time.
I purchased a "new" motorcycle from Argyll Motorsports in Edmonton. I go to get the motorcycle registered, and the registry office voided the NIVIS, and forced me to do an out of province inspection-strike one against the registry.
I then take the motorcycle to be inspected at Argyll-the motorcycle failed the inspection, and I had to pay for repairs (on a brand new motorcycle)-strike one against Argyll.
I then take the motorcycle home, and it does not run. Back to Argyll, to find out that the CDI unit had failed. I had to pay for repairs again (but not for the CDI unit, fortunately). Strike two.
I have put on 20 km on the motorcycle, and it stops running. The motorcycle is back at Argyll, and it is now out of warranty (90 day warranty, and it was 91 days since I purchased it). Any repairs are to my account-but if the CDI unit has failed again, I will insist that Argyll take the motorcycle back. As far as I am concerned, this is strike three.
If the motorcycle had not quit running, I would have left this alone. However, I really do not expect a "new" motorcycle to quit running after 20 km of riding.

What does this have to do with Alberta? Also what "new" motorcycle comes with 90 days warranty? How about you post a pic of this P.O.S. with the list of actual issues that needed to be repaired and maybe there are folks here that can help you out.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha's come with a 1 year warranty except for the motocross bikes. They have no warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I agree with you. I should not have had to pay anything for repairs on a new motorcycle (collisions excepted). Unfortunately, I had to.
I am wondering if Argyll sold me a used motorcycle, claiming that it was new.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I agree that I should not have had to do an out of province. However, the registry VOIDED my NIVIS, and I had to do an OOP. I don't blame Argyll for this one-I do blame the registry for making me go through this.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok WhiteDragon, time to come clean!!! In both threads 2+2 does not equal 4???
2 simple questions.......
1) Have you retained a lawyer, and imformed Argyll that you have???
2) Have you went to Global TV or any other media source with your story???

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
img002.jpg
Ok WhiteDragon, time to come clean!!! In both threads 2+2 does not equal 4???
2 simple questions.......
1) Have you retained a lawyer, and imformed Argyll that you have???
2) Have you went to Global TV or any other media source with your story???

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 339

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I have attached the VOIDED NIVIS, and the inspection report. Here is the bill of sale.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I have attached the bill of sale, the voided NIVIS, and the OOP report indicating that the motorcycle failed the inspection. Questions?
1. Why would I have to do an OOP on a motorcycle that I purchased in Alberta-and never registered elsewhere?
2. Why would a brand new motorcycle fail the OOP inspection?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It failed because of a bent brake lever like it says. Unfortunately that how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have attached the bill of sale, the voided NIVIS, and the OOP report indicating that the motorcycle failed the inspection. Questions?
1. Why would I have to do an OOP on a motorcycle that I purchased in Alberta-and never registered elsewhere?
2. Why would a brand new motorcycle fail the OOP inspection?

So retain a lawyer and sue them!!!

I would

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What reason did registries give for voiding the nvis???
There's still part of this story missing,me thinks...
Wow,Dennis,you just posted your name address and phone number on the internet for all the world to see...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The registry voided a NVIS? Now I would want answers as to why the NVIS was voided.

What you attached is not a NVIS. It is a warranty registration card. It holds no value as a NVIS as far as I can tell. Every NVIS I have says New Vehicle Information Statement at the top. Not warranty registration card. So I can see one obvious reason why it was voided, it isn't a NVIS. Now would some registrys accept that? I suppose? But doubt it.

I can not see your bill of sale to see if the bike was sold as "new"

You obviously have insurance on the bike. Do you have it insured as a road bike? If so, do you have a Class 6? If not it would have to be registered as an offroad bike.

So here is all I can assume from this. You bought the bike. You either were told it was new and not provided the proper documentation and when gave the registry the "NVIS" they said they can not accept that as a NVIS and said it is void. They then told you that you could get an OOP on the bike if no NVIS was available. So off to the dealer you went to say the paper work you have is no good and you need a OOP. So they do that for you and find it has a bent lever which you probably bent. So they charge you for the OOP and likely a brake lever at some point if you actually want it to pass an OOP. And this is all the dealers fault?

Quite possibly it is the dealers fault. They somehow have wrangled you into a sale of a bike which you believe is new and it quite possibly is and there is no copy of a NVIS which the dealer can easily provide if none was provided in error.

It also says on your Warranty Registration Card, which you signed, that you have been explained the warranty information and have been given a copy of it. You must have a copy of that. Where does it mention 90 days?

Re attach the bill of sale with your info blocked out. I am curious. Everyone would like to help you, but without proper information it is a mute point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom