i have had enough

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does size have a huge effect on the price because i wear a 12-13. i have to make a run to the city soon to get this lloyd has nothing looked every where

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up re: gloves............
My husband is Dobir , we both were convinced at the calgary snowmobile show to buy True North ..........Never again!~!
Dobir just spent the last week with frozen hands, even when starting the day riding up the trail, they were wet almost immediately and never did a thing to keep your hands warm!! Both my boys ride and have Klim gloves , have never complained about cold hands even when gloves are wet at the end of a long day of diggin out !! Stick with the best and buy KLIM!!!! Speaking from experience!!

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of rock climbing gloves from moutain equipment co-op and they are awesome. Very warm and not bulky at all.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Klim Radium GTX boots they are the best that i have used my feet were nice and dry all day, and i also use Klim Togwotee gloves and never had warmer hands in all conditions, and for warmer days i have a light pair of klim gloves.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does size have a huge effect on the price because i wear a 12-13. i have to make a run to the city soon to get this lloyd has nothing looked every where

i put hand guards on my sled, get the polaris billet mounts, they swivel in every direction to fit almost any kind of bar and powermadd handguards becuase they have a vent when you remove a piece of plastic for warm days, i would also recomend skinz hand guards, they will cover your hands better and you can remove them quick. The only thing was i didnt know if they would blow around or blow back when im trying to grab the brake but some one that has them probably will tell you they wont.

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put hand guards on my sled, get the polaris billet mounts, they swivel in every direction to fit almost any kind of bar and powermadd handguards becuase they have a vent when you remove a piece of plastic for warm days, i would also recomend skinz hand guards, they will cover your hands better and you can remove them quick. The only thing was i didnt know if they would blow around or blow back when im trying to grab the brake but some one that has them probably will tell you they wont.

i have the power madd handguards but with their atv mounts becase i got them cheep.i have seen how they are with the polaris mounts on ''onlypolaris''sled and they are way closer to ones hands

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya my hands were warm all day. i had my handwarmers on low. i like how the polaris mounts put the handguard all the way to the outside of the bar.

ballsout

Reaction score
Quite messing around, get those "sleeves" that fit over the bars perfect for the trail up and take em off once in the hills.

I've tried thick gloves, multiple gloves, hand guards, putting em in my pants and farting before wearing them. the way to to is thin gloves and the "sleeves" for the trail up and down.( they fit over the bars and your hands fit inside).

wade1974

Reaction score
I personally like the baffin boots they sell at marks. I wear no socks and my feet are still hot on the coldest days we have had this year.

Spanky

Reaction score
i have the klim gloves some i think valdez (really thick) for trail riding and when i get to the icecream i put on my thin klim gloves, they are very very thin but warm as hell. they are around 90$ cadn but man best gloves. every once and a while spray with water prof spray because they do get wet in thick powder days, as does everything else..

I have exactly the same & they work amazing. You can still get them wet though and then you get cold. The best thing to do is carry 1 or 2 extra set of gloves.

Luvinit

Reaction score
I do the same with the handquards, use them for cold days and take em off when its warmer, huge difference on the hands. Also found a pair of Edco mitts that you can actually drive with, keep them with me .

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally like the baffin boots they sell at marks. I wear no socks and my feet are still hot on the coldest days we have had this year.

i have the baffin boots and i think they are garbage the soles have chunks missing out of them and then when it gets real cold they are hard as rock and can hardly stand up on them. they are the coldest boots i have ever owned.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as for boots dunlop rubbers from marks 200 a pair but feet are always dry and warm good to -40 and have no liners dry fast if snow gets in to

Slummit

Reaction score
The best investment I made for keeping warm was smart wool socks, they were $20/pair. I forgot to dry my insoles of my old boots one time and the next day I put my feet in and I could feel the wetness right away. I thought for sure I was going to freeze my feet all day, but they warmed up when I started riding and I never noticed it the rest of the day.

wade1974

Reaction score
I know there are alot of different baffin boots . I wear mine on roofs of buildings when I am sheeting it in the winter and they have never gotten hard. Mine are rated at - 100 . I have had mine for 4 years and have never replaced the liners and they are as good today as the day I bought them.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try polaris mounts, hand guard extensions and rsi handwarmers seeing you have powermadds already. they guards will be bigger and closer to your hands and the rsi handwarmers are designed for heating aluminum bars so they are very warm.

Tabbymagpie

Reaction score
i have had enough with freezing my hands and not being able to hold onto the bars with the bigger warmer gloves. what would you recemend?

and in the market for boots?

Tabneil from Tachycardia Performance has some soft handle bar covers that i love to use. I like them because you can take them off whenever and they don't break if you crash! :) They are great for blocking the wind when you are trail riding....I have attached the link to a picture on our site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom