HUNTERS RaNGE 09/10 season updates

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
ITS OFFICIAL. .. the GROOMING SEASON IS under way . . as we speak . . The groomer is on The Brash Trail. .of the Ashton/Brash side . he will be packing in that trail for the first time. . and will do Ashton on the Weekend. . as well . Laforge is getting done too!!. So for those of you that like either or. . its freshly done. .
With Grooming done. . please be aware that the Trail Collections is now started too. Day rates are 15 for non member 10 for BCSF member. . . If you would like to purchase a Membership to avoid having to pay each time . . .they are for sale at the bottom of the hill with the Trail Collectors. IF you are a member else where.. you can get in on an Associate member Pass. SEE YA AT THE HILL!!!
:snowmobilers_wave:

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
So Im told the Chalet is out of matches , so carry your matches with ya and be a dear and leave a pack behind if your up there with spares. . .Also where the Big timbers are on the brash trail. . there was some stumpage action with the Groomer. . So just be careful through there . . they think they got it well covered and THEY are way heavier than a sled. .so you likely wont find them. . . DO NOT DRIVE ON A GROOMED TRAIL IS THE NEXt THING... BRASH is GRoOMED you park at the upper parking lot. . youll have to take it easy the first couple kms , it is just 5 -6 inches deep . . BuT Ashton as it is not groomed yet YOU can drive up there a bit more if you wish. .. THE yellow bottom parking lot is NOW open. . NO TRAILERS up the hill. THats all for today that I can think of
See ya at the HILL!!!!!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
SOOO> . .boys and girls. The club has found out YESTERDaY . . .that there is some active Logging on Ashton for a little bit. SO Im sending all guys on Brash groomed trail only. They have not been able to groom Ashton as The logging is at 4 km on that trail. . SO please if you chose to go up that way for some wierd reason. . go carefully around that area as it is Right on /near the the roadway. .As far as I know . .I have NOT seen a logging truck during the day thus the reason is was a shock to hear they were logging. They likely are only coming out first thing IN the am. BUT use caution and its not groomed. . so I have a report of a stump showing at the Big timbers area of the trail on Brash as well . . as well as some wicked corners that need to be set in a little better and to please be careful as you enter a corner on the trails. they are kind of blind and you could go off the end if you blow up to them too fast. . Remember keep a steady throttle though on the trail so it doesnt rip it up so fast and create the moguls for everyone else. The trail is Only done to the Main Chalet as of yet. . I looked back and last year they set the trail in not til February for the Gordon Sydney trail. BUT last year we didnt have a base either. THIS year we do . .So . I ll keep on the groomer boys to do it sooner then later . Fingers crossed. Have a great day /weekend . .SEe ya at the HILL. . . PS Laforge is on its regular grooming schedule of THursdays. . and Brash/ashton side is Wednesday nights and Saturdays. .

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm coming into the Shuswap area for Christmas and bringing my sleds. Where is it that you guy stage from? I've seen signs just as you are coming into Salmon arm from kamloops off to the right, but that's about the only area other than Anglemont I've seen. Some direction would be greatly appreciated.:)

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
I'm coming into the Shuswap area for Christmas and bringing my sleds. Where is it that you guy stage from? I've seen signs just as you are coming into Salmon arm from kamloops off to the right, but that's about the only area other than Anglemont I've seen. Some direction would be greatly appreciated.:)

If your wanting to access Hunters Range Groomed trails . You come into Enderby and go across the bridge out towards Mable Lake The first staging area trail head is Ashton/Brash which is approx. .6 kms out of town Give or take(Im a woman I dont pay close attention to actual distance) . anyhow. .Watershed rd is the road you wanna take on your left after these 6 or so kms. Just after Rosemon Rd and Before Watershed Rd there is a yellow sign up on a power pole warning you next turn to hunters range. . . Laforge is another groomed trail head. but it is out towards Mabel Lake another approx 30 + kms. .then up Noisey Creek Forest Service Rd. .AShton/brash is groomed wednesdays and Saturdays and Laforge is Thursdays. . There is Trail Collectors at both sides. > hope that helps ya.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met a logging truck on Ashton on Thursday morning around 8:30am. Talked to the guys logging in the afternoon on the way down said no trucks in the later afternoon. Trail was pretty rough, so like trailgurl said better to ride brash since it's being groomed.

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
DECEMBER 23. . ashton /brash side. . . . Gordon Sidney was to be groomed today unless something has happened . but the plan was he was heading out that way today while he was grooming brash. . My hill is Icy and My snow is minimal for the bottom parking lot and road. .Most guys got up the hill fine today to the main Parking lot with small single trailers and weight in the back of their trucks. . (altough some chained up). . .but if you have a large trailer be prepared to park at the bottom and have to ride up the side of the road on ice.. Im sure you will not get up the hill . as it is . ICE!. Nothing I can do about that til it snows outta my hands. the Hill has not been graveled though so you will not be riding on Gravel. just hard packed IcE. . Christmas Day is the only free ride day. Trail collectors will otherwise be at both ends throughout the holidays. . So be prepared. thats all I have to report for now... stay safe and have fun on the hill

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
TUESDay mORNiNG December 29th. . . ThEY did an Impromptu Groom last night!!!! STILL ONLY BRASH . ( active logging on ashton) we have had good sled traffic. .yesterday I had 94 sleds on my side brash/ashton.. GOOD TIMES. . SO my groomer guy reported in as Lightly snowing, Some caution still in corners going up. . .and. Some loose rocks on edge of trail at the beginning.. BUt . EVERYONE needs to do the SNOW dance for me. .I WANT more snow at the bottom for a better ride from the get go. . . . .SO HELp Me OUT oK??? hahhaa. . . . See ya at the Hill . .. PS Laforge had an extra groom this week too . they did one SUnday. . . NOw your in the know!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
HAppy NEw YEar!!! I took a day off and let my boss run the show yesterday. . Anyhow. . Fresh Groomed Last night just to the main chalet.
4 inches fresh powder. .and that all I have to report

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
Good Morning . It is Monday January 4th and For the next two weeks Monday - Friday I will have at least 2 logging trucks a day coming out of the bush off Ashton.. IF for some reason I am NOT there when you come . Here is my advice.. .BY my spot where I am normally park .. STOP your vehicle and SHUT OFF YOUR ENGINE for a moment to LISTEN, to ensure a safe drive up . . ( I advise there cause its a clear shot up the ravine for sound to travel) . .I have been gauging the logging truck at about 1 1/2 hour intervals to 2 hour intervals. BUT I CaN aLWaYS hear him when he starts to Jake (engine brake) down the mountain.. SO if you stop and YOU CaN HEaR this sound. DONT GO UP THE HILL until he has made it Down. COMMON sense.. . YOU WILL NOT beat him and will only end up meeting him . . and there is NOT enough room for the two of you on that hill ..SO BE SAFE. stay put until hes down .. it only takes him about 2 -3 minutes to drive down loaded.. Again the Logging is ONLY ON ASHTON, So RIDE BRaSH!!!! BUT the ROAD UP IS THE sAME FOR BOTH SO DONT ASSUME YOU DONT HAVE TO HEED THIS WARNING. ... This weekend as well I had reports of a couple guys getting close to danger with a few slides.. . MY rating on Saturday was HIGH and is rated Considerable for the next couple days. .and of course Saturday was the day the incidents happened and more then one. .(this is in the more outback region OFF TRAiL for sledders not familiar with our hill) . SO remember be careful. IT can happen!. Thats all for this week. NOw that the Xmas season is over. We are back to our normal grooming days Of Wednesday and Saturday ashton /brash and Thursdays Laforge
Thats all
SEE YA AT THE HILL!!

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
THIS JUST IN..... .I will not be at the hill for this week tuesday - friday likely..SO do as the previous post suggests LISTEN FOR THE LOGGING TRUCK before you start up the hill..
THE SNOWCAT IS DOWN for the week.NO WEDNESDAY GROOM. SO boys and girls.. brash is a bit rough and will not likely be groomed til Saturday if they get the snowcat up and running again before then.. Laforge however is business as usual,
As for the slides I didnt get an exact location, But the Alpine was overall HIGH that day. . Im sure it was likely up near the superbowl area. It was all overhang

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
As far as Ive been told the Groomer should be on the Hill RIGHT now.. . So .. TO Double check yourself Go to Hunters Range website in the morning and check if its been updated (groomed date changed to today) .. IF SO. . WILL see you at the HILL!! if not. Im off one more day . . . . . too boot we had some fresh snow last night. .so a groomed trail and Snow would make for a most excellent Sunday .. .!

Top Bottom