Official Cataract Creek Snowmobile Area Thread for 2018/19 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
We were talking last night at the club meeting that the northern end of the trails are really thin and dry in places. Getting over to Fording may be a bit rough on the sleds.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure there's a few spots here and there...
I went over the pass on January 5 so I'm thinking conditions have improved since then.

I'm still willing to go :)
Anyone heading out or interested in Fording tomorrow?

Last edited:

cammont

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure there's a few spots here and there...
I went over the pass on January 5 so I'm thinking conditions have improved since then.

I'm still willing to go :)

I wish you luck. Please post an update if you make the trek and let us know how the conditions are getting over there.

Thanks.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I didn't make it out last week. No one to ride with. Pretty Arfing cold out this weekend...

Anyone heading out to Fording Wednesday or interested in going?

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today probably would have been the warmest to go to Cataract. Temps look to drop again below -20 again, for the next few days.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just another club update on whats happening. We are STILL working on our OHS stuff. Closer then ever but still not there. When it happens we will be good to go for a couple of years at least. Lets hope we can get out and groom and get back into this gem of a area. There are a bunch of work needed both in the winter and summer. Re sign the section of trails around the new bridges first thing. never ending summer projects. Thanks for the support and not bitching about the trail conditions out there. We are looking forward to getting back out there.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I refuse to believe that, at this point of this winter, there is not enough snow to have a decent day out at Cataract. I have been hearing of people going out there the last 4 weekends, and other than no grooming yet to be able to be started, it sounds like to me that you can get out from the parking lots on to the trails, even if the snow is “low”.
We are hoping that our OH&S Plan is approved this coming week, and we hope to be grooming the trails as soon after that as possible - even perhaps next weekend.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went on the 22nd and had a good ride the trails don't have enough snow to get really bumpy still had fun and a lot better than sitting on the couch. Someone drove a truck or sidebyside down the trail tho.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I refuse to believe that, at this point of this winter, there is not enough snow to have a decent day out at Cataract. I have been hearing of people going out there the last 4 weekends, and other than no grooming yet to be able to be started, it sounds like to me that you can get out from the parking lots on to the trails, even if the snow is “low”.
We are hoping that our OH&S Plan is approved this coming week, and we hope to be grooming the trails as soon after that as possible - even perhaps next weekend.

seems like a waste of resources to be grooming this late in the year to me Scott.....

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winter isn’t over yet. Report from our groomer operator yesterday that there is finally enough snow at Cataract to move our groomer all the way from the maintenance yard out onto the trails, to take care of some trail safety issues, as soon as the AB government departments all provide their combined approvals.

Is this the week we see those approvals? Time will tell.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Winter isn’t over yet. Report from our groomer operator yesterday that there is finally enough snow at Cataract to move our groomer all the way from the maintenance yard out onto the trails, to take care of some trail safety issues, as soon as the AB government departments all provide their combined approvals.

Is this the week we see those approvals? Time will tell.

are you seeing forward momentum with the approvals or all they all stalled until after the election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom