Humorous picture thread

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8C0092E5-7EF3-4067-A07E-92DD1D8F2D40.jpeg

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is brutal, do you know why the spring broke? I had two near misses like yours, for some reason I picked up on a odd idle & noise. It was a aggressive camshaft ramp profile & not so good valve springs. I'm a fussy fusker setting up valve trains, shimming rocker arms for correct pattern across the valve tip. Shimming the correct springs, custom pushrods etc.

Is everything junk?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is brutal, do you know why the spring broke? I had two near misses like yours, for some reason I picked up on a odd idle & noise. It was a aggressive camshaft ramp profile & not so good valve springs. I'm a fussy fusker setting up valve trains, shimming rocker arms for correct pattern across the valve tip. Shimming the correct springs, custom pushrods etc.

Is everything junk?
I am not sure, shitty GM springs ? Bad lifter ? It is on the AFM cylinder... and it seems all the lifter and valve issues that happen on these new LT engines are on the AFM cylinders.

I was hoping to rebuild it... but this hole in the side of the cylinder wall miiiight say otherwise.
20220506_124820.jpg

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
020.png

Somebody explain this to me? If you dont think that odometer has rolled over a few times, your a fool

Top Bottom