how was your weekend

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was great till my engine siezed. was out at Gull Lake today with my daughters and a friend of mine coming back around 3:30 pm and the motor quit, so i checked the plugs and they looked fine so i pulled it over and it started up went about 100' and it siezed up:(. can't even pull the cord. so i'm thinking the bearing's on the crank went. just had the motor rebuilt two seasons ago with less than 250 miles on it. any ideas? on a scale of 1 ta 10 how hard to fix your self? it's an 03 800ho zx.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was great till my engine siezed. was out at Gull Lake today with my daughters and a friend of mine coming back around 3:30 pm and the motor quit, so i checked the plugs and they looked fine so i pulled it over and it started up went about 100' and it siezed up:(. can't even pull the cord. so i'm thinking the bearing's on the crank went. just had the motor rebuilt two seasons ago with less than 250 miles on it. any ideas? on a scale of 1 ta 10 how hard to fix your self? it's an 03 800ho zx.

That is Crap with a capital C! Sorry to hear this, we had a great weekend of Creek banging and beaver dam jumping :) Hope you get er going, we have a end of month or April trip in the works....

andycap

Reaction score
my friends 07 summit did the same thing stopped and waited a bit fired up again went 100' and it was done. The guy we were with called it heat siezed sometimes they loosen up and you can ride out slow. WE had to tow it out thankfull we were in the last bowl. $4300 mines 800 for core charge if they can use it thats a block from brp then you swap the parts over from the old one but there is always extras. this is from ski and trail in aldergrove. He is going to check in states for prices.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! That same thing JUST happened to me. crank bearings for sure, check your pistons on the MAG side, they might be scored too. Get a short block and have some beers. I'm still in the process of putting my new engine in. Good luck bud. Lemme know if you have questions since I'm in the same boat, haha

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60% of the snowmobile market is controlled by doo. and only people with problems post there issues. go figure

I loved mine right up until it went "blah"... :D :beer:

Still love her. Even though she let me down a bit, we made up and are back in love

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If man made it, it will break. My weekend was great rode in Blue River in chest deep powder. A whole lot of fun!!!

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you rebuilt the motor was it the complete motor or just top end? If it's the bottom end that went it has nothing to do with the recent work on the top. Sometimes depending on mileage while rebuilding the top end it's almost worth a few extra bucks to do the bottom. A good mechanic would have recommended that advice if the mileage was high.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you rebuilt the motor was it the complete motor or just top end? If it's the bottom end that went it has nothing to do with the recent work on the top. Sometimes depending on mileage while rebuilding the top end it's almost worth a few extra bucks to do the bottom. A good mechanic would have recommended that advice if the mileage was high.

bing-go!

ESPECIALLY an 07 with known crank issues.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a great weekend 9 riders stop and had a wiener roast did some racing
had a total laugh watching a young moose a little unstable with legs .Crest a hill there was mom moose and young yearning mom hoofer off into trees the
young one spun around and did a face plant into the trail got up look at me with embarrassment hoofer off into belly deep snow i just lost it laughing .that what you call getting back to nature

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and young-gun took a newbe out to Allan on Friday and Saturday. We helped a few Guys who were stuck and had the offer retured to us when we needed it. I think they were watching us and came over just as we were done diggin Ha Ha.We were riding Doos an 05, 06 and a 11.They all ran like tops. It was a great weekend in the powder and lots of laughs. Hope to be back soon and enjoy the comaraderie.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also think you should check references, or people that have had some work done from the shop or mechanic you are planning on using.Sometimes your back yard mechanic isn't allways good policy. If the motor does crap out does he have the kingo to stand behind his work or parts to rebuild it at his expense cause he put a ring in wrong etc. Anyways just my advise, i am just in the process of replaces motor on a 09/xp with 2900 km and is showing signs of breaking down. Did a lot of research and checked references and gonna put in a 860 big bore and brand new crank(not rebuilt) from brp. The sled is heading to artic edge Brent Lindermin in the pass. Might put me out for a while but i figured it will be better then a free t-shirt from selkirk.:d

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you rebuilt the motor was it the complete motor or just top end? If it's the bottom end that went it has nothing to do with the recent work on the top. Sometimes depending on mileage while rebuilding the top end it's almost worth a few extra bucks to do the bottom. A good mechanic would have recommended that advice if the mileage was high.

did the motor 2 years ago when the pto seal went and asked the mechanic at the time if the bearings were ok.....he said yes. should have just replaced them.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
60% of the snowmobile market is controlled by doo. and only people with problems post there issues. go figure

Mayby 5 years ago LOL!............60 percent eh LMAO!
catmando!

Top Bottom