How to register a rebuild.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an old international 1/2 ton truck in back 40 that I am thinking of putting on a newer frame of donor truck. Don't have bill of sale for either any more. How you guys register them for the road later? Thanks

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 32 ford coupe and a 32 sedan in the family. Once they were built , got the safety inspection and since they didn't have a vin one was assigned by registries.

i had a gtx stolen and vin removed Registry assigned AB 7638 to that one.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you didn't have to prove with a bill of sale that they were yours at the registries?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the old fords were resurrected from parts left behind the barn so no bill of sale with a vin number on them
The 32 was a twenty year project.

The gtx was stolen from previous owner and recovered. When I bought it it had the ab number assigned and fixed to the door pillar. The one on the dash was ripped off

Attachments

• 20170701_184418.jpg
    20170701_184418.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had serial numbers assigned to a few home builds and trailers..is $550 to get a new serial attached by a retired Cop. he usually asks for bill of sale and receipts for the build,takes pictures and put them in a data base to make sure its not stolen. then if its 25 yrs and older u take the paper he gives you to registries and ask for a Antique plate. no proof of insurance is needed for Antique,but as of Jan 2021 they ask for a Out of Province Inspection. so you have to take the vehicle to a AMVIC approved inspection shop for a wheel alighnment and thorough inspection. i used to do these untill they changed the rules for the little shops. its a very tough inspection now.thats another $100 to $500 depending on the shop..plus all repairs, NEVER have them do major repairs..little ones ok.lot of shops are not honest.i still do Pre Inspections.giving owners a idea what its needed. here is web site to apply for a VIN ,https://www.alberta.ca/vehicle-identification-number-vin-assignment.aspx

https://www.alberta.ca/out-of-province-vehicle-inspections.aspx

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few vehicles that have been submitted for OPI inspections. Think of it this way unless your vehicle is in near new condition and stock it will likely fail. Really over the top.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few vehicles that have been submitted for OPI inspections. Think of it this way unless your vehicle is in near new condition and stock it will likely fail. Really over the top.

Doubt it's any different then a CVIP as far as being picky. I think it's more that most people just don't look after their vehicles and they really shouldn't be on the road.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Vehicles still have the vin#. I just don't have the bill of sales anymore.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bernoff;[URL="tel:2928713" said:
2928713[/URL]]The Vehicles still have the vin#. I just don't have the bill of sales anymore.
You can write your own bill of sale, use blank paper, I chuck norris do sell this thing to bernoff for the sum of $500 in cash.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you still need a bill of sale from seller, and if the number is not in the registries system ,,they make you get a OOP done.

i bought a 43,000 mile 57 chev car last fall that sat in garage 41 yrs. the owner loaned it out for a wedding and it was gone thru to make sure his daughter had a safe car to ride in. i checked it out myself, greased it.all 5 new tires. new muffler and tailpipe ,and adjusted the original brakes and frt wheel bearings and E brake cables..then tryed to register it..nope. needed a OOP. so took it to a new shop in town.. they did wheel alignment , checked everything on list..i forgot to check licence plate light.. thats all that failed. $300 please.. got my antique plate and they attached my 57 plate i have from my dad. my boys want me to put modern 5.3 auto in it.. maybe some day when the 235 goes..meanwhile i put s disc brake kit with dual master cylinder and 6 seat belts, a new fm radio and frt seat cover.

Attachments

• April 22-21.jpg
    April 22-21.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 204
  • frt disc bakes.jpg
    frt disc bakes.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 189
  • New licence plate.jpg
    New licence plate.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 202

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the sake of confusing this thread OPP is Ontario Provincial Police... OOP is Out of province inspection.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a 0PP?

Naughty by Nature - O.P.P. (Official Music Video) - YouTube

OPP, how can I explain it
I'll take you frame by frame it
To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it
O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple
The last P... well... that's not that simple
It's sorta like another way to call a cat a kitten
It's five little letters that are missin' here
You get on occassion at the other party
As a game 'n it seems I gotta start to explainin'
Bust it

You ever had a girl and met her on a nice hello
You get her name and number and then you feelin' real mellow
You get home, wait a day, she's what you wanna know about
Then you call up and it's her girlfriend or her cousin's house
It's not a front, F to the R to the O to the N to the T
It's just her boyfriend's at her house (Boy, that's what is scary)
It's OPP, time other people's what you get it
There's no room for relationship there's just room to hit it

How many brothers out there know just what I'm gettin' at
Who thinks it's wrong 'cos I'm splittin' and co-hittin' at
Well if you do, that's OPP and you're not down with it
But if you don't, here's your membership

You down with OPP (Yeah you know me

Last edited:
Top Bottom