How to Get Rid of Ants?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't it annoying that there is an answer out there but you are not aloud to own ant eater. What is the world coming to they want all this green chit what's better than an animal that eats ants. But you are only aloud to buy chemicals lol end of my drunk rant lol.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 acres covered in ants.That's a lot of boiling water!

I am on a quarter section, and those little bastards are every where..... some of the nests are six feet across and near two feet high. I tried diesel, gas, fire, borax... you name it I tried it.... the one thing that worked the best was I took my excavator and scooped them up and dumped them over the neighbors fence.. :) If you like I could go ask him what he used?? I haven't seen any ardvarks running around... :D:D:D

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bug killer I have used is CRC clorinated brakekleen. I have used it for years for ants and wasps and cheaper than bug killer. I usually use the spray cans but for large ant nests I get the 4L and dump 1/2 the jug over the nest.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mikey, mix up some Malathion (that's an insecticide for house plants that my mother faithfully used) in a big hand held sprayer (the ones with the hand pump on it). If I were closer you could borrow mine. Mix it twice as strong as recommended and spray each "hill". It will work wonders. I only have an acre and that has been a god send.
Thanks for the advise fs, the wife picked some up at ufa a few days ago so I tried it out & wow, I think I got rid of a couple thousand, I could of used your advise 20 yrs ago...... thank you

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise fs, the wife picked some up at ufa a few days ago so I tried it out & wow, I think I got rid of a couple thousand, I could of used your advise 20 yrs ago...... thank you

You are very welcome.

I had it out today as I had some nests under some decorative rock stepping stones. I'll be betting those suckers will be all gone/dead tomorrow. I mean dead and not just moved along to another location.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a giant hill of the big red bitting ones. Used raid ant hill foam. Stick the straw as deep as you can and press the trigger, watch the foam bubble up all the holes.......and BAM! Done and done.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a giant hill of the big red bitting ones. Used raid ant hill foam. Stick the straw as deep as you can and press the trigger, watch the foam bubble up all the holes.......and BAM! Done and done.
Seems to work good in the commercials as well...

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have had pretty good luck with that as well, and it doesn't seem to kill the grass.

01Sharp

Reaction score
Are you guys after new ardvarks or used ones?....used ones may be easier to come by.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Its really expensive though :(

The malathion works and it is cheap. A small bottle is $16 and when mixed for ants (60 ml/l) it goes a long way. Takes quite a bit on full sized trees when doo-ing aphid control.

The bonus about malathion is that it can also be used for all the aphids on the trees and plants around the house. I used a bottle yesterday; aphids on 2 elm trees, aphids on a pussy willow tree, aphids on a maple tree, aphids on 3 elder berry bushes, found some more ant hills, and there were some kind of bug in some of the perennials that needed spraying.

Top Bottom