How fast can your life change?

Cat man Doo

Reaction score
Glad to hear your recovering. Hoping its a quick one. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will make many people rethink what's in their pack. Sounds like your lucky Curtis was there to see it. Curtis is a great guy. My boots got left in Ft. Mac one weekend and Curtis actually took the boots off his feet at the Varda building so I could ride the weekend. All we had to give him was flip flops to where!! Hope you get back to riding the pow asap.

Cheers bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story Kyle.Makes a guy re evaluate some of the things we do.I saw your sled fly by the other day.That chopper pilot is a good fisherman!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your tale. Some real doses of real world in here, boy ! I know it will make me take a moment to rethink my next " bright idea" the next time I'm riding. Hope you can ride sooner than later!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Hope it's a speed recovery.
FYI Spot has a 50% rebate on their phone right now. Rally thinking of buying one now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was my first time in blue and I was a newbie. I can't remember the hill we were at but we staged behind weigiles, there was wicked pow were we were riding and I did not know the area at all, was pulling a hill and I noticed something to my left. The whole hill started to slide towards me to I carved to the right, and the slide just missed me. Turns out there was a peak there that was impossible to see due to the low cloud cover.
2nd day we rode the coulies, beautiful blue bird day, nice pow and basically had the place to ourselves. Got into the bowl and was having a blast, I got seperated from my group but could hear were they were. So I started climbing enjoying the nice day than all of a sudden something looked wrong and I got on the brake, I stopped in time to find I almost drove over a cliff. I turned right and climbed higher my group. Still a bit shook up I was pretty quiet after I shut off my sled and after removing helmet. Than one of the guys In my group said who facking tracks are those? I look up to see that we were looking at were I almost drove off from a different point of view. Man my heart sunk, I started shaking when I saw a vertical cliff and the cornice I was sitting on, I actually did drive off the mountain!! the cornice was the only thing holding me up!!
So someone was watching over me that weekend, that's was a huge lesson learned.

Kyle thank you for sharing your story, I raise my glass to you, and wish you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could someone post a list of emergency numbers a guy should have for vale and revy for that matter. I pack lots of survival and emergency stuff but after reading this I notice I have no idea who I should call i
How about 911?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple more pics guys. Few of my helmet after the crash, it's one of those new carbon fibre 509's, and a few of the sled.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds a lot better then it looks. For what it could look like anyways considering. It needs a new tunnel, probably gonna go with a full cr tunnel, new front bumper and one plastic up front that's all the damage we found skimming it over. The boards held up strong, skid is fine, front suspension is still straight and intact. Got off lucky it coulda been demolished beyond repair

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice the damages on my helmet ?? I'll definitely be having another one. I had no damages to my head or neck, just a busted nose where my goggles cut it that's all. Awesome quality helmets. I coulda been killed just by a blow to the head alone

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple more pics guys. Few of my helmet after the crash, it's one of those new carbon fibre 509's, and a few of the sled.

I remember this project. Nice sled man. Could have been way worse. I'm sure you will get that turbo up and running better then ever when you are all healed up. Thank god for your helmet as well. It looks like your mouth and jaw would have taken a beating with out it.

zeke

Reaction score
Everyone who has ridden a sled in the mtns has done something or saw someone do something and you say "man what were you thinking"?
Hopefully this gets everyone who reads your story to stop and say "what could go wrong here"? It's a positive message and sounds like a positive outcome for you. Merry Christmas and get well soon.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Kyle, it is tough to share an event like that especially the personal aspects. I hope it gives us all pause to think about our choices and evaluate terrain a little better before we tackle it head on. Make smart choices out there everyone!

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. That helmet did its job. I take it you had your chin strap on. It annoyes me seeing them things dangling.

Top Bottom