I changed out the primary spring got more topspeed
but would like more bottom More Torque.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It has more power then All Hondassss I race in mud or on road.:rant:
I want more More MORE.
The New 850 goes like crazy just want to keep up...:p

Fine then pull the 1000cc out of the doo and voila....Theres a wednesday night project for ya.....

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fine then pull the 1000cc out of the doo and voila....Theres a wednesday night project for ya.....

That may be a got idea,
Winter 1000cc skidoo:)
Summer 1000cc Sportsman:d

Have to see how it could work, I do have a rebuild spare motor just sitting.

oldernotwiser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out ATV and Dirtbike performance and modification garage. Page 3 and about 1/2 way down the page is a previous post on this matter. Hope it helps.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I think it is one way or the other but not both either top end or bottom end...... unless you are prepared to spend lots money can buy anything

mudbug

Reaction score
Really do you need to go 100 mph throught the bush, are do you really just want stump pulling power, change your clutch back to factory before you complain about burnt belts and enjoy what you have or better yet get it bored out and get some extra ponys!:twocents:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Actually an inexpensive way to get more bottom end performance is to clutch it. Just changing weights and springs makes a big difference. You don't actually get more horsepower but you do get much better response and in the mud thats kind of nice. Also check your belt to make sure its fresh. New plugs and oil change and you will notice a good difference. After that your going to the motor and that gets a little more expensive. :beer::d:beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Also just doing either the primary or secondary and not both is a waste of time! :)

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if he clutches it hes going to find his top end looses 20kmph something tells me thats not what he wants.

also the only true way to make a engine gain noticeable hp is to do engine work.. example. Cam job , Stroke the motor , over size the bore , High compression piston, port and polish.. imho add on hp is just a joke to begin with one that makes companies alot of $. now after doing the motor and needing more flow a pipe might actually come into some use but really a motor can only flow so much.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really do you need to go 100 mph throught the bush, are do you really just want stump pulling power, change your clutch back to factory before you complain about burnt belts and enjoy what you have or better yet get it bored out and get some extra ponys!:twocents:

100 or more is about right,
but in bush and Mud need more for this bike has alot of lbs to it.
Of course I want it all,
just have to find a way to get there without breaking the bank.

adam5187

Reaction score
Turbo it. I fabbed up a kit for mine, and ran a pure logic controller for extra fuel. I run 6lbs of boost, and that is a safe number all day. If you want more info or some pics of mine I can send you some. If you are handy with a welder you can do it yourself for less then 1800 bucks and have probably 70-80hp.

Top Bottom