Helmets, a thing of the past?

UltraLiteTriple

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was on my way to work up the WAP rd (three valley gap) and saw a group of 4 younger guys on newer machines heading up the trail from the parking lot, only one guy had a helmet on the other three just tuque's and googles. I was locking in my hubs and got a good look to see if maybe helmets were on back of sleds, Nope. Maybe natural selection is making a comeback.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never seen anyone without a helmet up here for a lot of years. But whenever I’m in Montana I think there’s more people without helmets then with. Don’t know if they believe in avy gear either.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can ride without a helmet.
A few years ago we drove to the staging area and I forgot my helmet.
It would of been a few hour home or even to where I could buy a helmet.
So I rode without one, the coldest ride I ever had ( it wasn't very cold out ) and I felt naked without it.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the early 90's we used to ride with the titanium toque!!Lol. Then a buddy took a whack on the head and bit off his tongue. Helmet since and I bet if you seen this you'd wear one too

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would assume they were adults, so i can only assume they can make their own decisions and live with the results. smart thing to do would be to wear the helmet. same as av gear, carrying emergency supplies etc etc

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even aside from the safety factor, I would just find it too cold and uncomfortable without one.

Any time I hear of someone resisting wearing a helmet for something I think of old Wes on my fun hockey team growing up. Wes seriously looked (and acted) like one of the Hansen brothers off of the movie slapshot. We were in the locker room between periods and we started talking about the new mandatory helmet rules coming in. Well old Wes goes on about a 5 minute rant on why we shouldnt have to ever wear helmets if we dont want to. He ends his rant by rapping his knuckles off of his head about 5 times as hard as he can and yells "Havent wore a helmet in 20 years.....hasnt hurt me none!"

Was friggin awesome.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s the law to wear helmet so get another ticket in Alberta?
Complete stupidity not to wear one and it’s not responsible.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even aside from the safety factor, I would just find it too cold and uncomfortable without one.

Any time I hear of someone resisting wearing a helmet for something I think of old Wes on my fun hockey team growing up. Wes seriously looked (and acted) like one of the Hansen brothers off of the movie slapshot. We were in the locker room between periods and we started talking about the new mandatory helmet rules coming in. Well old Wes goes on about a 5 minute rant on why we shouldnt have to ever wear helmets if we dont want to. He ends his rant by rapping his knuckles off of his head about 5 times as hard as he can and yells "Havent wore a helmet in 20 years.....hasnt hurt me none!"

Was friggin awesome.

haha, the good old days! no seat belts, no hockey helmets, no face masks, no camera radar, and no SJW's trying to tell us what to do?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And then we get laws because of stupidness ?

we had to this one was important, Pierre begat Justine, was to late for the law to take effect! world has no place for two of them?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like most of the guys i see with helmets don't have the chin strap done up. So really, what difference does it make if they didn't wear one? It's marginal at best.

I dont ride with my chin strap done up. still protects my head on an impact

Top Bottom