Hard Times.. need some advice/ideas

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the prices longhorn posted were close.but toys arent selling like they used too.

theres a place in Westlock that builds Tanks,paints tanks.Welding,wiring,installs tanks, always looking for help,.just stay away from the Paint spraying, Endura paint will kill ya fast..

I know the feeling about selling the toys, I still have toys, but now there Old and paid for, no more financed toys.got hurt at work 2 yrs ago, still not back working, who wants a middle aged mechanic with bad feet,back and one bugered hand?

Good luck on getting back on your feet, its hard nowadays.with help from family and freinds, you can do it. oh and KIJIJI too, stuff sells there if price is right.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to price them competitivily they will sell. People are buying but they want a good price. My buddy sold his 07 800R summit within 2 days. Prices actually aren't that bad, there were much lower in the summer/fall. Look at it that way atleast.

Hope things pick up for you, sad to hear :(

Been looking myself for quite sometime, I would be in trouble if I couldn't work for my dad.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks man :d im broke though! I get like $70 from my pay check and its gone within a week. I need to work harder if im going to the best of the best.

At least you are working and realizing how far money just doesnt go these days. It makes you appreciate what your parents do for you. And good for you for wanting the best of the best and knowing that you have to work for it... most other kids out there can't say the same thing. :):):)

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE=kenvb;

theres a place in Westlock that builds Tanks,paints tanks.Welding,wiring,installs tanks, always looking for help,.just stay away from the Paint spraying, Endura paint will kill ya fast..

I think your talking about WABASH.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard times suck!!! I am probably going to have to relocate from Calgary to Fort St John BC to keep workin!

Mare:
I was wondering if you had some pics of the 98 cat, my dad is considering picking up a sled, not sure if he has made up his mind on type/year/budget yet but I think this one might interest him. Also if you have decided on a price if you wanted to pm me that would be great.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many mods on the cf600, I was thinking of getting a cf5 for my boy but might consider the 600. He's drove my M1000 and wifes 600 RMK before so he said his Brovo dosent cut it anymore.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to price them competitivily they will sell. People are buying but they want a good price. My buddy sold his 07 800R summit within 2 days. Prices actually aren't that bad, there were much lower in the summer/fall. Look at it that way atleast.

Hope things pick up for you, sad to hear :(

Been looking myself for quite sometime, I would be in trouble if I couldn't work for my dad.

Yes things sell if priced right.I have an update to our situation I placed an add in our local internet yesterday for the 99 Phazer for $2200 and sold it this am for $2000.It tookless than 24hrs and I went and bought back my old 2002 doo today from my buddy so this one has worked out well for all partys

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the people that showed interest in my sleds. I need a day or 2 to get all the info together, then I will type it all out here, reguarding each sled and details. Alot to do when theres 4 machines. I will get to it as soon as I can, Thanks again. :d

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think longhorns numbers are prettyy close. but nobody is buying right now. there is one 98 sumx on kijiji for 2600 with new top and looks good cond. been there for about 1 mth already. really hard to sell toys and toy accessories right now. good luck and hope all gets better before toys have to go.

I'm hearing you there, i've been trying to sell the wife's summit 500 for months now and i'm well below market value. I think what's hurting my sale is it's only a 500, everyone whats big iron now.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing you there, i've been trying to sell the wife's summit 500 for months now and i'm well below market value. I think what's hurting my sale is it's only a 500, everyone whats big iron now.

bro I would have bought your 500 at the begining of winter for $2000

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have decided to TRY to hang onto my sleds a bit longer. My hours are still cut, but I will see if I can hold my head above water a little longer. I've work real hard for these toys, as we all do, so I want to do everything to keep them. I thank you all, who inquired about them. Cross our finger that the economy picks up soon. :d

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hang in Mare we are predicting apprenticeship numbers increaseing but not until September it will turn around

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Glad to hear Mare, best of luck to you guys, wish I had an answer for you! Keep your chin up and hang on...I do feel it is getting better, just very slowly, but of course when it all busts loose, it will be a gong-show again!

I LOVE the gong-show...its the best way to come crashing out of a recession!

Top Bottom