Grooming Started

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys, just wanted to let you all know that the grooming season has started, I am sure that Bb toys has already told you but just thought I would mention for any who was not aware yet. Trail pass sales started today. They are still 15 bucks for a day pass and 40 for a 3 day and kids 14 and under are free.
Seasons passes are available at the info center, and dont forget the McBride Chamber of Commerce is throwing a big New Years Eve Bash so if your in the area you may want to check it out!

HAVE A GREAT DAY! See ya on the weekend!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Flygirl! Mel and her crew do an excellent job looking after the trail pass operation for McBride. Just returned from a week of helping Hotrod get the Renshaw trail ready for the season. I'll tell you there is a lot work to get that trail ready for the season. Groomed up to 24km on Tues. then worked from 24km up to cabin without the drag on Wed. Then groomed Fri. with the drag up to 29km and bladed up thru the chute to the cabin, when we got down RCMP asked if Lucille could be groomed to help with ER rescue so we did double duty that night (7:00am till 4:30am). Then out Sat. evening to groom Renshaw completely top to bottom. Hotrod buried the groomer real good at 29km so we had to dig for 2hrs to get it out! Then when we got down to the truck it wouldn't start because of -28c so we dozed off and on for 2hrs till Norman should up and helped out, thanks Norman. "McBrides ready for the season"! Higgins.

Attachments

• Grooming 2008 001.jpg
    Grooming 2008 001.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Grooming 2008 005.jpg
    Grooming 2008 005.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Grooming 2008 006.jpg
    Grooming 2008 006.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Grooming 2008 012.jpg
    Grooming 2008 012.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 43

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was up there this weekend. Good job filling in the ditches. You got a good start keep it up. Kind of a uguly hole at KM 5 1/2. This snow sure helped.
THANKS

Player

Reaction score
Glen, a little bit off of the groomed trail.

Thanks Glen

Attachments

• McBride dec08 007 (Medium).jpg
    McBride dec08 007 (Medium).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 38

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They dug 2 new deactivations at 5.5km and 7km and yes be careful of those!! Especially the one at 5.5. The running water keeps washing away the snow. Apparently someone did a header off of that one. We've got to come up with some ideas to help rectifey that problem, it's ok when it freezes like it has now but come spring thaw that could possibly hamper late season riding and grooming to the Renshaw!

SLED SLUT

Reaction score
i on my way today can not wait alittle cold but when does that stop us NEVER thanks for the groomers go ahead was in valmount three weeks ago that was a gong show the trails where awful but then again no snow either cant wait here i come if any one up there and see two dudes one with new blue white xp and a old man MY DAD on a 01 skidoo stop by and have a chat way to exited way more snow than a month ago ye ha ha

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya just a caution to all sledders. SOFT SHOULDERS!!!!
Went to get around a slow moving Nytro and went a little wide on the corner. Plopped my ski in the shoulder and it disappeared and away I went DEEP for sure. Thanks to my Buddies they pulled me out.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail passes are now available at Spindrift Powersports.. we are 1/2 block down 2nd ave from main street, kinda in behind the IGA. They are the same price as at the trail head, we dont make any money off of them just do it for the conveniece for the sledders.

jackal

Reaction score
grooming is greatly appreciated!!! thank you for the effort it takes to deal with the unforseen things that make a long day longer! THANKS AGAIN THINK SNOW

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya just a caution to all sledders. SOFT SHOULDERS!!!!
Went to get around a slow moving Nytro and went a little wide on the corner. Plopped my ski in the shoulder and it disappeared and away I went DEEP for sure. Thanks to my Buddies they pulled me out.

Some buddies you have Glen, posting pictures of such a situation.:d:d:d

Top Bottom