Grooming on Revelstoke

Fuel Fire

Reaction score
I see it like this.
If people rode the trail with a decent speed without gunning the throttle on and off there wouldnt be those moguls. But we have losers who want to get to the cabin 1 minute sooner, and now we have a crappy trail.... wish we had a speed limit on trails, and the passes revoked.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing i noticed when I was behind a sled with a 3 inch track. The rider was steady on the gas but every peak of the mogual he left an extra 2 to 3 inches of snow. Add that up with tracks even with a 2.25 track. That's where the piles come from. If anything wicking the gas every top might cut them down.

I'd have to disagree with your pin it to win on the trail causes it

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent 3 days riding Boulder over new years. Yup the trail was pretty rough on the 31st but was much better on the 1st and was like a hwy on the 1st. The Society were doing the best they could with the weather the way it was. I was more upset that everything was tracked out than I was about the trail being a little whooped out for one day. Thank you to the groomer operators for taking the time out of their holidays to try and smooth out the trails. Thank you to all the volunteers who worked in the booths and parking lots as well.

For you azzhats that b!tch and complain to the staff at the booths about the trails, pull ur head out of your azzes. They have absolutely zero control over the weather conditions which has a huge effect on grooming. With nearly 500sleds up and down the trails in one day, and the majority of them braaping the throttle the whole way up and down, what condition do you expect the trails to be in even with grooming. They were grooming twice a day......imagine what they would've been like if they didn't groom at all.

Again thank you to all the groomer operators and all the people in the booths.........you guys don't deserve the chit and abuse you get on here and face to face on the hill. You all deserve a lot of praise and respect for everything you guys do every week and weekend for all of us.

Doo2007

Reaction score
Re: Grooming on tevelstoke

We were on Frisby on the 28th of Dec., powder was deep and great riding. How is it now?, thinking of booting up there on the 13th wkend?
By the way, the trail was terrible up frisby on the 27th and worse on the 28th at daybreak, so I have a hard time believing it was groomed at all....just sayin'. we did see the groomer helping out with the logging road mods though....but no on the sled trail.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. Worked there again today, got bear spray now and I`m starting to like snowmobilers again. :d

Are you insinuating that snowmobilers can be like bears? Grumpy and ugly? nooooo waaaaaaay!

Keep up the great work and don't lose your sense of humor. It's a tough job but hey someone's gotta doo it!!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
MaxineNe.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom