Grooming on Revelstoke

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Grooming on tevelstoke

Plus what about the chit show in the parking lots at boulder today.

Should of had the lots cleared before 7 am...

It was a truck stuck fest.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

I particularly liked the suv's with all seasons towing the 4 place trailers into that mess :rolleyes:

No really though, the parking lot, especially for those who had to park the upper half could have been cleaned up if the groomer had been operating anyways.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I particularly liked the suv's with all seasons towing the 4 place trailers into that mess :rolleyes:

No really though, the parking lot, especially for those who had to park the upper half could have been cleaned up if the groomer had been operating anyways.

Ya it was funny. Y bring a sub and not at least have good tires. The stock tires suck azz.
Mabe a chain or two

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail onto sail that's not groomed was 2 times better than boulder the day before.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score

Folks nothing the Club or SRS has any control over. It is Mother Nature at this point. It is far too warm. We need a good freeze. I've not seen it this warm in Town for many many year. It should be -10 and snowing hard, not plus 4 and pouring all night long.
Snow above 4,000' is amazing though......

Appreciate the SRS clearing the lot and sending the Groomer up mid day as well......thanks for that :)

Safe sledding
RS

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

try riding 30 km all the way into the renshaw 2 years ago when the groomer was broke down for 4 days! 150 machines a day! at least boulder is just a quick little ride up! and mother nature is the one in control this year. not much can be done about that.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dam I was up sale as well, SLED SHREDDING, wish we could have RUN into each other Tex78 would like to talk about the hate you have on us......

oh and hydro DOES take their cat up there, just before Christmas actually. The clubs do an awesome job just as others have said, way too warm and to many inexperienced riders throttle happy on the trail is a recipe for bumps, but man was it good and deep!! thankfully most do not know where too go and stay on the main cause we found fresh everywhere just off the trail!!

have fun, suck it up or go home, at least it has been dumping we went three weeks with none so we all are stoked!

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

milton I thought i smelt camel toe going up the trail did you have your pink thong on again! bahaha just buggin you buddy good riding with you again this weekend. but yeah that was the worst trail I have seen in a very long time and dont give me that well go ride here with no grooming been there done that I'm from pincher creek and the castle mountain area wich sees no grooming all year and it is 3-4 foot whoops the whole trail. yes revy doesa great job of grooming but when you have every hotel in revy booked solid with sledders and traffic lined up down the road to boulder and frisby you would think the trails would be groomed there were more people there this week than any BIS event so were was the grooming. and for conditions down low yeah it was getting warm but you can drive the groomer up a little ways it didnt take long to be ouut of the rain and onto the snow line. there really isnt any excuse for not having a groomed trail on both the mountains. and yes I have ridden keystone mid season and really it isnt all that bad.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Once again all of the trails were groomed nightly on both mtns. and we did an afternoon groom on Boulder Wed. and Thurs. We are running 3 machines nightly to groom all the trails and will continue to do so through the New Year. Pretty tough to groom slurpee, there were 450 people at Boulder Wed. 380 Thurs. We all did the best we could with the conditions we had, maybe next time ask what`s up before you start bashing, would have been real happy to explain grooming 101 to any of you.

Hope everyone had a great holiday, and heres to hoping the temperature drops, it stops raining and the trails are able to set up real soon.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so it looks like the new grommer is paid in full, wish i could pay something off that quick... we were planning on comming down for a week ride with the fam dam, but it starts to add up, cheaper to take them to mexico, kida sad

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so it looks like the new grommer is paid in full, wish i could pay something off that quick... we were planning on comming down for a week ride with the fam dam, but it starts to add up, cheaper to take them to mexico, kida sad

what that mean?????you sledding in Mexico??????? now that's a secret spot!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam I was up sale as well, SLED SHREDDING, wish we could have RUN into each other Tex78 would like to talk about the hate you have on us......

oh and hydro DOES take their cat up there, just before Christmas actually. The clubs do an awesome job just as others have said, way too warm and to many inexperienced riders throttle happy on the trail is a recipe for bumps, but man was it good and deep!! thankfully most do not know where too go and stay on the main cause we found fresh everywhere just off the trail!!

have fun, suck it up or go home, at least it has been dumping we went three weeks with none so we all are stoked!

So u must have been on the platoe. Waiting for some one to break the trail up the 2nd cut block.....

Huh guess my group did it

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well that got more reaction then I thought. This thread was not to complain about the club or or the volunteers. I've been a member for a long time and all I was stating was the trails were pretty rough. I am one of those riders that buys a membership and not just a trail pass to help the club show it's support by the number of members. I also contribute to the auctions and any other events in revels toke. Hell I paid a 100 bucks more for a coat then the sticker price to help raise money. Overall the past week I spent there was amazing starting with great accommodations (days inn). Great food(Zalas) and unbelievable snow and riding areas that revelstoke has to offer. Got some great video I will post later. Sorry if this offended any of the volunteers from the club.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for fixing my spelling error. I couldn't figure it out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

the infamous "Grooming 101"...... I've even heard of that and used that for our poor trails in Fernie this year! Rain, warm temps, and lots of riders make for poor trails.

If the ribbon behind the groomer freezes and sets up it will handle 100 sleds (more or less). If the ribbon doesn't freeze it won't set up and it may handle 10 sleds. Grooming in the daytime, and laying
down snow that sleds disturb right away is a waste of time and fuel. Might make you feel good that they are grooming but it isn't dooing anything else.

I would think that speed limits would help a lot but that would be a whole bunch of complaining in another direction......

Last edited:

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Quit your wihining old lady!. The club does alot for us to ride here beside just grooming trails....., nice cabin, firewood, volunteer search and rescue etc. LIFTS TO SHORT BE HAPPY

Top Bottom