Going from a quad to a RZR S....anyone have any regrets doing so??

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I still have my 700 Sportsman , i have like most of us had bikes before then quads , a few of them . And I bought a rzr Le , I have done a few things to it like soft roof , winsheild , stereo with ipod n sat hook up . winch cuz we all get stuck .
And 4 points , pipe , clutch kit , snorkel . chip . Just for the fun factor .
It is an awsome unit to do the trails on with the miss's . There is lots of room for fuel food and coolers .
We can talk and just seem to enjoy the ride more than we did on the quads .
we are very happy with our rzr .
But still have the 1 quad for using around the ranch .
just my 2 cents

shenry

Reaction score
Reasons I would stay away from side by side is price and because you sit on one side, so in tight overgrown trails you get slapped by branches, including your passenger. Also when you tilt on tight trails the overhead racks catch big trees or rub a lot. Otherwise if you have room on the trails and money then a side by side would be better for plowing, also depends on the rider preference, the side by side has a back rest.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you unhappy with can am? is that why you arent considering a commander? the commander is twice the machine that a razr s is.
Since you don`t take yours off road , how are you able to make that claim.....?? The rzr outsells the cowmander by about a 100 to 1....lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe if you only ride in the dunes. in the trails and everyday riding, the Razr XP doesnt out perform the commander. also one is a sport utility machine, and one is a pure sport machine. but whatever the pissing match can go back and forth all day for everything, so leave it at that. I love my Commander!!

DSC_0735.jpg

Sorry but in the dunes or trails the rzr s will beat you , the rzr xp will annihilate you....The Xp has true 4/4 ,more power ,more travel,more ground clearence,less weight and long travel..... If you just want to look kool and drive around the subdivision the commander will work fine. OFFROAD it is no match for the rzr .........sorry.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but in the dunes or trails the rzr s will beat you , the rzr xp will annihilate you....The Xp has true 4/4 ,more power ,more travel,more ground clearence,less weight and long travel..... If you just want to look kool and drive around the subdivision the commander will work fine. OFFROAD it is no match for the rzr .........sorry.

jebus, I cant get over how defensive you are towards your razr! I will give polaris hand down credit they raised the bar when it comes to options and models and sportiness, but it still comes down to me never buying a polaris!! and the fact is, the commander for what it is, does what i want it to with some left over. I take the wife and kids out, have picnics, family outings. ive added hundreds of extra pounds to do so, so no my commander isnt the best mud bogger, no its not the best duner, but frankly its the best for what I not YOU use it for. If i wanted to build a XP killer I would of, But instead i did my own thing and built a damn good reliable machine that will still lift the front tires and do almost 80MPH(thanks STM and K&T)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jebus, I cant get over how defensive you are towards your razr! I will give polaris hand down credit they raised the bar when it comes to options and models and sportiness, but it still comes down to me never buying a polaris!! and the fact is, the commander for what it is, does what i want it to with some left over. I take the wife and kids out, have picnics, family outings. ive added hundreds of extra pounds to do so, so no my commander isnt the best mud bogger, no its not the best duner, but frankly its the best for what I not YOU use it for. If i wanted to build a XP killer I would of, But instead i did my own thing and built a damn good reliable machine that will still lift the front tires and do almost 80MPH(thanks STM and K&T)
I am of similar thought on polaris reliability. my buddy's new XP broke a rocker arm in the first 10 hrs, and has had diff problems as well. both were covered under warranty and repaired, but still....typical poo. but it's really sporty and goes like stink

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well IMHO there isn't a bad SXS out there. Some do things better than others. Just all depends on what you want to use it for.
Here is how I look at it....
Rhino=Best reliability BY FAR! things are bullet proof. Just fairly underpowered.
RZR S or XP=Best fun factor. Hauls azz and great suspension with a very sporty feel. Fastest on the trail
Can-Am=Best utility. Lots of power, lots of room for cargo. Fast in a straight line.

After a year with lots of time in my RZR S and a buddy's commander, I would say each have similar reliability. Which means they both have some issues. Nothing that can't be taken care of. Just not as tough as a Rhino. WAY more fun for me though.

All have their good and bad. Just got to decide what you will be using it for. No different than a truck. Do you want a F150 Raptor? or a 3/4 ton diesel? Powerwagon? All have their purpose

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RZRs have been flying out of the store.. It's nice to see the wide variety of market these UTVs are touching. The lights are 20% brighter than last year. So many cool things you can do to customize them. UTV Canada is a site sponsor here. We worked with them to Trick out a RZR XP.. Dual Muzzy exhaust from them and some other really cool extras made this guys RZR rip. Sounded soooooo good.. I should have taken a sound recording of it..

I like the UTVs because I have kids. The RZRs are fun. Normally I bring home a Ranger from work because it has the front bench seat. It fits kids dogs cooler fishing stuff and hucklebery buckets quite nicely.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my standard rzr in May, added the 4 seat kit, bighorns and aloy rims, bumpers etc... Have over 500km on it, most with the wife and kids aboard and couldn't be happier. I've ridden quads for the last 20 odd years but don't think I've ever had as much fun as I have on the Rzr. It's a blast and the only thing I would change is a little better shock package on the base model but that will get fixed over the winter. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the sxs, really it comes down to personal preference and what you want to use it for.

robhayward

Reaction score
I can see going to a Commander just because it has the best "box" to put the 2 extra seats in. I'd rather it than a Teryx, Rhino, or Ranger and RZR's look pretty back heavy and silly with extra seats and cage. Anyone comment on the RZR extra seats? They look like the kids will sit above the shoulders of the adults in front. Even though unlikely I'd like to think the kids should be protected from the wind and bugs somewhat.

I'm going SxS over quads because it's one vehicle to load on the deck and pull the 30ft bumper pull trailor out camping. Guys do it with big $$$ toy haulers but I like more living space and the SxSs are fine in the elements.....

Dal&Dar

Reaction score
Hadley, after riding on Nancy's this past weekend, I dont think I will ever go back to a quad. It was stable and comfortable even on the really rough stuff. And you saw first hand what she went thru with a broken axle. Imagine what it would have done on all 4! No comparison at all! Hope you can come out with us again next weekend, even for the day. Same place

Top Bottom