Going from a quad to a RZR S....anyone have any regrets doing so??

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still thinking of selling the quad & getting a RZR S , please chime in here if you have done so and afterwards regretted doing so. Also really need to continue to plow alot of snow in winter, how are the RZR's at plowing, can you see the blade properly while pushing??? The RZR is more of a sport unit, does it seem to plow snow well or possibly be hard on the belt etc.??
Any other issues that i may come across with one, other than the extra width on the trails??
Also is the Polaris quick attach snow blade available for the rzr's or do you have to go aftermarket for blades??

Thanks for any advice here.
Hadley

Last edited:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched my neighbor plow snow all winter with his s. No problems with the belt. Just plow in low. I use low for most of my riding. The rzr is geared quite well and you keep it in low for 90% of the trails.

The only thing that gets annoying for me is the mud it tosses on you. There are fender flare extensions though. I just bought a set but have yet to install them.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding quads since i was a little kid....about 20 years, I was kind of getting bored with them. Bought a RZR and am having alot more fun. Got a IPOD radio installed, cup holders, and a passenger seat are the things that make it fun.
An S will push WAY more snow than any quad. Simply due to the extra weight = traction. And I haven't found anywhere that the 60" width has been a problem, at least where I ride. Yes you do get pretty covered in mud, but I try to stay out of the mud anyway. Lots of cool things you can get to customize your ride. Check out some of these sites.

www.ssvworks.com
www.utvinc.com
- Extreme Metal Products, LLC
Polaris RZR - Can AM Commander UTV Accessories Products - RZR Parts - Polaris Ranger Parts - Polaris RZR Parts - Yamaha Rhino Accessories Teryx - Sidebysidesports.com
UTV Headquarters - UTV HEADQUARTERS, Polaris Ranger, Yamaha Rhino, Arctic Cat Prowler Accessories
www.dunertunes.com

And a whole bunch more. You can do anything you want to these things to fit your style/ riding type. As far as your wallet allows.
GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched my neighbor plow snow all winter with his s. No problems with the belt. Just plow in low. I use low for most of my riding. The rzr is geared quite well and you keep it in low for 90% of the trails.

The only thing that gets annoying for me is the mud it tosses on you. There are fender flare extensions though. I just bought a set but have yet to install them.

Yes i've heard adding the fender flare extensions & a rear windscreen helps a huge amount for the flying mud.

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my Rsr S... had the foreman 500 before I got this and I'd never go back to a quad....
Plus, the Rzr held its own pretty well on the trail repair bridge building adventure

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you unhappy with can am? is that why you arent considering a commander? the commander is twice the machine that a razr s is.

very true...

however there is a few reasons to sway towards the razor.

- about 2-3g price difference in base models.
- razor s is something like a foot narrower. ive been a few places ( not many and wouldnt sway my decision ) that the commander may not fit well.

then again the commander puts out huge hp in comparison so the 2g is almost a wash since it is a much better machine.

drove a rzr for a day and it was a blast also. and for the price cant really go wrong. electric power steering was awesome. went anywhere the quads went that day. definetly ditching the quads soon. side x side is the way to go

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you unhappy with can am? is that why you arent considering a commander? the commander is twice the machine that a razr s is.
Have a good look at the RZR XP. About the same $'s, same HP, but twice the machine the Commander is. It makes a commander look like its sitting still!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually the base model Razr is 50" wide in comparison to 58.6" of the commander. the Razr S is 2 inches wider then the commander at 60.5" and the Razr XP is 64" wide. the Razr S is 55 HP i believe, with the commander 1000 putting out 85hp and the Razr XP something like 88.

I do agree side by sides are the way to go!!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a good look at the RZR XP. About the same $'s, same HP, but twice the machine the Commander is. It makes a commander look like its sitting still!

maybe if you only ride in the dunes. in the trails and everyday riding, the Razr XP doesnt out perform the commander. also one is a sport utility machine, and one is a pure sport machine. but whatever the pissing match can go back and forth all day for everything, so leave it at that. I love my Commander!!

DSC_0735.jpg

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe if you only ride in the dunes. in the trails and everyday riding, the Razr XP doesnt out perform the commander. also one is a sport utility machine, and one is a pure sport machine. but whatever the pissing match can go back and forth all day for everything, so leave it at that. I love my Commander!!
DSC_0735.jpg

That thing looks like a dump truck, the RZR s or XP will out perform that pig all day!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

DSC_0735.jpg
nice machine, picking one up for myself soon and have a couple questions if you don't mind....who builds the rear cage/seats combo, and who's doors are those? and how much....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, they could stand to put a different silencer on them.
the one thing that really impressed me about it was the headlights, man they are bright. I think they are LED? the outside ones are for sure, maybe the high beams were HID? crazy bright white light tho, very nice. he has an aftermarket exhaust coming for it, should sound better after he puts it on

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That commander looks noice mattiac, gotta get myself a sxs, maybe the new wildcat 1000. Itll have to be the ol fourtrax 350 for now, its a good bale fetcher tho

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! I built my machine to take the wife and our 3 kids out, once they get a bit bigger they will transition into their own quads, but for now this works for us!

I got my cage directly from Todds Custom Billet in Arizona, the rear seat From Twistes Stitch, its a 42" bench. The only problem was between the two companies there was no mount for the rear bench, so i went down to CR racing here in kelowna and had chad fab me up a bench mount and build me that 2 piece aluminum roof. SInce then More companie have put together packages, like UTV INC has a nice set up for a good price. shipping and duties across the boarder hurt me with a few items.

Top Bottom