Getting in shape for the season

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a pro from a member this weekend (awesome guy, super helpful and straightforward)

But anyway, unloading it at my place today myself I realized I am out of shape. I need to get stronger/have better cardio ASAP.

What workouts do you guys do to prep for the season ?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a pro from a member this weekend (awesome guy, super helpful and straightforward)

But anyway, unloading it at my place today myself I realized I am out of shape. I need to get stronger/have better cardio ASAP.

As much mtn biking as I can, im not talking about a leisurely ride either.
I dont have a fancy light bike so it gives me a good work out.
I have a job that has lots of stairs to climb with tool bags as well.
I lost 20lbs this summer.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Join one of the fit body boot camp type programs you will shape up fast.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started a new job this summer and with a different schedule I’m now training 5-6 days a week. I always incorporate some form of cardio (rowing, jogging, steep walking etc) with each workout whether it’s a heavy lift day or just a basic stretching and core day. I’m currently working on healing a knee injury, the physio and time in the gym is definitely helping it mend. Drink lots of water, try and eat well in sensible portions (calories in vs calories out) and take a vitamin.

The big thing to remember is to keep pushing. The first few workouts and cardio training you’ll do will suck. But embrace the suck and keep in mind that it does get easier to an extent.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cut,split and stacked 2 cords of wood in a day and a half the old body hurts this morning only 3 more to do should be ready for sledding

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been riding my bike to work since august and noticing results. 9.2km each way through the river valley. Then I woke up Sunday and realized someone needed our families bikes more than us... Fack me. now I will switch to a weight program as it gets colder. We have a decent gym in the basement, just need to use it! Battle ropes are great handlebar training. DIET DIET DIET... abs are made in the kitchen.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow, I usually make it a few kms up the trail first, before I realize I'm out of shape!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wife and i did 4 cords of wood for the winter in 3 weekends you find out real fast how out of shape you are after camping, quading,and parting the summer that first sled trip always hurts the hands and arms

Top Bottom